1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Help needed about soloing the Primeval Lich spawn

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by popps, Oct 4, 2014.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I know it is a PvP ground and therefore there is high risk of being raided.

Nonetheless, I was wondering what, regardless from the PvP aspect of the area, would be the best PvM approach to the spawn itself.

That is, in order to go through the 5 Stages

which template would be most advisable (skills, stats), what gear to wear and weapons to carry ?

Is there also a better strategy to tackle with the various stages ? I heard that for Stage 2 it is a must to carry blackrock in one's own main backpack to better deal with the Dark Wisps shields (a small or large piece of blackrock ??)

If slayers are needed, is there any need to change slayers during the various stages or is there one slayer which can take one throughout the whole spawn up to the Primeval Lich ?

Anyone tried this spawn with also a Luck suit on to better the new loot results ?
    If so, what would be the best combination between Luck and defensive/offensive mods on such suit to be able to handle this spawn more effectively ?

Thanks a lot !

2. Duncan Drake

Duncan Drake Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I run the spawn with the following template: (Bushido Paladin)
    Chivalry 120
    Tactics 120
    Swordmanship 120
    Parrying 120
    Bushido 120
    Resisting Spells 120

Carry a small piece of blackrock for the dark wisps. Gear is my gear mentioned in the bushido paladin thread. Carry Undead slayer weapons. I use Doubleaxe here.
    Didnt do it with a luck suit so far and i dont think its worth the trouble. you normally dont loot spawn. But its worth swithicng to a luck suit when you do the killing blow to the primeval lich.

Obsidian likes this.
  3. popps

popps Always Present

Thnaks, with your set up how hard or how easy is to go through the entire spawn and to kill the Lich ?

Do you get often raided and if so, you have a strategy to exit the raid alive (assuming the raiders are too much to handle...) ?

4. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I accomplished it with this template"

120 Swordsmanship
    120 Bushido
    120 Resist
    115 Tactics
    99 Necro
    86 Chivalry
    60 Parrying

It was not easy; a normal undead spawn is much easier. I used a 100% fire double axe with Hit Fire Area for the first few levels. I had on a Conjurer's Trinket. I also used the insured piece of blackrock to help with the wisp shields. On stage 3, I switched to another 100% fire double axe but this one without Hit Fire Area and Undead Slayer in its place. This made a big difference on damage for the stage 3 foes which was less important for the level 1 and 2 monsters. Level 4 is the hardest because I again needed another weapon, this one another double axe with Dragon Slayer on the weapon. To be honest, the boss is pretty easy by going back to my stage 3 double axe and using Double Strike to kill the Primeval Lich.

-OBSIDIAN-

5. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I personally try to avoid the raid. If I get raided there is not much I can do. I usually have no choice but to give up and move onto something else. The build is not made to PvP, but rather to be an optimized PvM machine. If I get a really great SoT, I bring it out. Also remember, the drops are insurable when the boss dies. If you get a protector of the battlemage, insure it immediately.

6. popps

popps Always Present

Thanks, what other mods you got on the weapons besides the 100 elementals and slayers and the hit fire area for stage 3 ?

7. Picus of Napa

Picus of Napa Slightly Crazed

I've defended raids on my samp if it's one or two people but more is not going to be a win for me. Firstly you have to carry a disarm weapon as that is the only real advantage you can get is a quick disarm and then dump with AI's/bleed. Carry pots, have them hot keyed and remove your shield if you are using one. Use confidence to heal. Attack first and ask questions later, if you don't know the guy he's there to kill you and take the spawn so you HAVE TO ATTACK. Chalk any defense up as a win, at the very least they won't expect you to fight back and that might make all the difference.

CorwinXX likes this.
  8. SlobberKnocker

SlobberKnocker Slightly Crazed

disarm and running up the pathway to tram is probably the best advise.

resist spells and carrying pig iron to curse weapon helps me immensely.