1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Help needed with a UOAssist macro for Trick or Treat

Discussion in 'UHall' started by popps, Oct 24, 2014.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Is there a way to set up a macro with UOAssist for Trick or Treat to target the closest target so that I can just take care of the walking through NPCs without having to actually target them individually ?

Thanks !

2. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

You don't need UO Assist for this.

Make a macro in the Classic Client that has four lines to it, like this:

Line 1: Say: Trick or Treat
    Line 2: WaitForTarget
    Line 3: SelectNearest: Mobile
    Line 4: CurrentTarget

If you want to make a macro to use the begging skill, just substitute the following in Line 1: Use Skill: Begging .

Also, and very important for both types of macros, make sure that you don't have a check mark in front of the option to Disable New Targeting System.

Kariny likes this.
  3. popps

popps Always Present

Thanks a lot ! One question about Begging within Trick or Treat..... ain't it a passive check ? Or do I actually actively use begging to have it work with Trick or Treat ?

4. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Honestly I don't know. I've been trick or treating for short periods on three different shards with characters that have anywhere from 50 to 75 begging skill. On Origin, my little apprentice beggar got two small webs Wednesday night with 50 something begging skill just saying "Trick or Treat" to various NPCs after using begging skill on them. Same on Wednesday night on Balhae with beggar character who had 70.8 begging , i.e., two small orangish webs. Yesterday, using a beggar character on GL with 50ish begging skill and just running around like a dervish and spamming "Trick or Treat" in various towns (no attempt to work on begging), got two heads on pikes almost back to back after an hour of collecting candy. Then nothing after another 30 minutes or so.

Just now back on Balhae, ran around in Zento and got an obsidian skull on like the 3rd NPC by saying "Trick or Treat."

So no, I really don't know what's going on for a skill check for begging to get the rare Trick or Treat drops. Your guess is as good as mine.

5. Piotr

Piotr Stratic's Finest
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

You just need to say 'Trick or Treat' to get the rare drops, given that you have 70+ in Begging.

6. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master

When did they change it that you had to have 70 begging?