1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Lock Picking] Help on Europa plssssss!

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Prosecutor, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Prosecutor

Prosecutor Guest

Hi, im trying to train lockpicking i have read all the FAQ's and i realise that you can now train with just the one box at each level...

My problem is getting a box made by lvl 50 tinker, everyone i know including myself is gm and i dont have any spare char slots to create a new one!:sad4:

Does anyone have a char that can help me out plssss,

Many thanks...
  2. i have a char, which have tinkering at 35-38 around this.

if a talisman which increase the skill by 20% affect the lock too, i can make you one.

or you give me the ingots to train up to 50% :lol:

Which arent so many, if i take the new haven tinkering insturctor quest with axcelerated skillgain.
  3. ZippyTwitch

ZippyTwitch Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Feb 5, 2006
    For lockpicking don't waste your gold buying player made boxes or chests. I gmed picking easy enough from chests in towns. Just run around towns and pick everything you see. You want to find those chests you can't unlock. Those are the ones the gains come from. Yes you will break alot of picks. But if you can get a good runebook together and just jump around picking gains come pretty good. I have a good picking runebook, but it's on chessy shard. All I used was this one book. Well I actually bought 2 books in luna. But after using them I consolidated them into 1 book. I think the people making the books didn't know what they were doing.
  4. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

May 19, 2008
    Agreed on the chests. Also, try the chests in the gypsy camps and at vesper bank
  5. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Nov 3, 2001
    You can work lockpicking on paragon-chests, too. I found that I was able to gain from them even while I wasn't able to open it. (At least it worked with the lowest-level chests like those from earthies.)
  6. Prosecutor

Prosecutor Guest

Thanks for the advice peeps:thumbup1: