1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Throwing] Help on MR or Mana increase

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by boltar, Feb 23, 2012.

1. boltar

boltar Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Best stats for a sampire thrower

current stats:

weapon: soul glave
    33% mana leech
    1.75 speed

vamp form

40 lmc
    5 mr
    86 mana

I can trade off 8 mana for 3 MR up to 4 times so i could go maximum

40 lmc
    17 mr
    54 mana

Which is better? or a combo in between.

i dont have any med or focus on this build.

Is there any reason to have higher then 180 total stam. assuming you can't get to 210

2. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

MR is useless for special moves.
    If you relay on healing spells then 11/70 or 10/78 could be better. It helps you when you run out of mana for some reason and need to gain 6 mana for a spell faster.

3. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I admit I am a little confused by your post. But generally for PvM, you want mana increase over MR. I don't know why you would have 40 LRC, but maybe you meant LMC. Make sure your Soul Glaive has high HML. In fact, as a throwing sampire I would use a weapon with 30 SSI, 40 DI, Slayer, 50 HML, and 44 HSL. For super slayer, go 44 HML and 40 HSL.

4. boltar

boltar Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

the throwing weapons has max base on SSI. only way to get 44ml is to lower ssi. low 30s is the highest it goes, so i leach 1/3 of the time. you are correct on lmc.

i wasn't sure if MR would help more for spaming AI in vamp form.

5. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Oh that's right... Throwing and archery weapons have half the mana leech as a melee weapon. Then 30 HML will have to work. You want at least 40 SSI combined on the suit and weapon and 150 stamina to throw at 1.75s.

6. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

As I said before MR is useless for special moves.
    The difference between 5 MR and 17 MR is less then 0.5 MPS and AI costs 30 mana (5 mana reduction, 40 lmc, penalty). You even will not notice this difference.

7. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Especially if you have no Focus or Med, considering they did a patch a few years back that made even the MR property based off of those two skills, in order to prevent people from completely dropping Focus/Med and replacing it with an item property in PvP. MR also get's Diminishing Returns.