1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Help pass out NEW Books!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Bruin, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Hi Everyone -

An effective way to recruit for NEW and Siege are the NEW books that Shalimar usually leaves around populated areas. Many have asked to help distribute these NEW books so I have copied several of them and left them in 2 areas for people to access:
    - The NEW donation box out in front of the guildhouse (The red box on the steps).
    - Inside the NW corner chest inside Luna bank.

Please feel free to take a few of the books, copy/inscribe them (you have about a 50% chance with the JOAT 20 inscription) and lay them out in the popular areas.

The 3 best places to lay them are:
    - Luna bank
    - Britain Inn (most new characters are born here)
    - Britain bank (newbies still like to hang out in Britain)

Those are probably the most frequented areas by newbies. There are other of course high traffic areas such as moongates, banks and so forth where the books can be effective.

I will try and keep the donation box out in front of the NEW guildhouse stocked with NEW books as best I can, so if we run out feel free to stop by later to pick some up.

Thanks!

2. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I suggest adding top two Despise levels as well....I always see newbies gathering spined leather there, as well as training skills.

3. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

OT, Bruin your link to SP.net for NEW shows the domain name expired, is there a new (pun!) link?

*edit* ohya I have a bag of PS's for you again :)

4. Selan

Selan Guest

How long are those books? I'll get some onto Baja and start throwing them there. Or would it be best to create a new book to be placed on production shards? Worded differently. May have an impact if people know there's support for them when they create a character here. Easier to make the leap; so to speak.

5. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

throwing them around on other shards is likely to get that shard's community a bit cross, so don't go overboard with it if you do it.

The box in Luna bank was empty, thanks for the book Bruin! The copies I made are now in the box and the book is locked down on the steps of Molly Fyde Emporium.

6. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

This may be a good way too, if shops at moongates and near towns lock down a copy on their step as they won't decay.

7. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Heartwood inside might be another drop off sight.

Jhelom pits cemetary area also good places to train for some.

And never forget Delucia, city of tons of resources to gather to sell and many a new arrival here will make the trek from assorted lost land entry points to get to Delucia to begin gathering lots of resources to sell to others here as well as to get their own stocked up and banked up, and Delucia has lots of livestock in and out of town, to slay to begin training upon.

8. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

:blushing: Remember if you lock a book down, you'll need to set it to 'anyone' access or they won't be able to read it.

*coughs*

9. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

*laughs*

Helps to remember that even for our own selves. LOL

Locked down a city runebook to all towns in my new house forgot to set it to co owners/friends, so my alts could ALSO use it.. lol THAT Miranda only thinks of her self...meanwhile QZ was mad at her...rune book to towns shut off to her like that. LOL All hell broke loose in my home with Miranda and QZ fighting and Hughes all manly just hid from em both, although he was bit miffed HE marked the book for them all and was shut out from that book. LOL

10. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Yeah, looks like siegeperilous.net needs to be renewed, trying to talk to Shal about it but she's disposed of at the moment.

Locking them down (and accessing people to it) at popular shard homes would be wonderful. I've been refilling the metal chest in luna when I can, I don't know how long it takes those books to decay so if you see any in there, feel free to grab them. There still are several in the NEW guildhouse donation box, I will refill that when it goes empty.

Thanks for all the other location tips!

Also, something that helps even better than books (and I know a lot of people do this as well), if you see a newbie, TALK TO THEM! Let them know about NEW. Even if they don't want to join NEW, it creates a friendly atmosphere on the shard and I know new people like that.

11. Hehe, yes sorry about that. I've had to scoot back to the UK for a family emergency and it appears the site has gone down at the same time. Ghost Knight usually dealt with the domain and I just paid him for it, but I'll have to speak to these guys myself now. They sent me an e-mail about it and I've replied, so hopefully it'll be sorted out this week.

12. rockytriton

rockytriton Guest

I will pass out NEW books every day in exchange for the NEW keep

13. NEW forum is back up (thanks Ghost Knight) and everyone who registered before I got the chance to access, is now accessed.

14. Pass them out for free just because you're a lovely fella and helpful, kind and all that other nice stuff and it's a deal.

15. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

What about NEW books slightly modified to be dropped at say Luna bank on atlantic? etc?