1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Help Please

Discussion in 'EA Land/The Sims Online Stratics Forums' started by MaxCTSO, Nov 26, 2007.

1. MaxCTSO

MaxCTSO Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Hey, I have been playing TSO for over 4 years and I had to uninstall my TSO. But now I can't find my discs to reinstall it. I usually go to the free trial and download it there but now they changed it and it is for EALand which isn't open yet. So is there anyway that I can download TSO again without waiting for EALand to open?

2. MaxCTSO

MaxCTSO Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Ok that is where I went but this is what it says

STEP 5 Download the install using the "Install" button below:

There is a button beneath it but I cant click on it because it just stays at please wait forever.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

o [​IMG]
    someone more qualified will help you... I'm not too hip to this stuff.

Sorry Max. It's there somewhere!

4. MaxCTSO,

You running Vista?

Lee

5. Jessikarox

Jessikarox Guest

I'm trying to come back to TSO, again, and i'm having the same problem, the Please Wait ... button will not go away, and i'm on Vista

6. Well then you are in luck... because the very first post on this thread will tell you how to get Vista to behave.
    EALand Install Website

Its under Problem 2

Lee

7. MaxCTSO

MaxCTSO Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I'm not using Vista. I always just assumed it was because EALand isn't open yet.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

is there a thin yellow band at the top of your browser saying to activate or install the activex component or a si milar message? if so click it and say yes then the pge will change and say "install". yu can then click it and install the newer ealand installation.

9. What fester said [​IMG]

Thanks fester!

Lee

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Mine automatically says please wait now. No I dont have a yellow banner. Yes I changed UAC.

11. Are you using Internet Explorer? If so what version?

Lee

12. MaxCTSO

MaxCTSO Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I just got mine to work. Before I was using Firefox and it didn't work. But when I used Internet Explorer it gave me that ActiveX message and now the install button popped up [​IMG]

13. Guest

Guest Guest

My internet explorer got it to work this time too.

14. MaxCTSO

MaxCTSO Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Ok so I got it installed but now the updater sucks. So I start up TSO and I get to the updater screen. Then it tells me there was an error updating the updater which I didn't think much of because thats what it always tells me. Then it gave me some other error message and I hit retry. Then it started to download and another error message came up that said There was an error reading from the network. I don't know what to do.

15. MaxCTSO,

Can you contact me outside the game? For example do you have YIM?

Lee

16. MaxCTSO

MaxCTSO Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Yea. I think it might be my internet connection though. It has been horrible the last few days. I'm not sure what is wrong with it. But if you want to talk to me on YIM my name is maxctso2004.

17. MaxCTSO

MaxCTSO Sage
    Stratics Veteran

It keeps telling me Failed To Connect To Server.

18. MaxCTSO

MaxCTSO Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Ok my update is working now I'll see how it goes. Hopefully it will finish this time.

19. Ok MaxCTSO,

Let me know either way.

Lee

20. MaxCTSO

MaxCTSO Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Its 50% done and its going decently fast so I think it should work.

21. MaxCTSO

MaxCTSO Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Ok so the update finished. But now I can't get into TC3. I was able to play in BF but when I try to do the update for TC3 it says something about the servers or something. And then it starts verifying which takes forever. I'm on my 3rd verifying process :p