1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Help tweak my build please

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Banchee, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Banchee

Banchee Guest

I have about 40 points left to distribute after completing my Necro/mage template which after items has. Question is where should I put the extra 40 points. Scribe seems ok as it would increase my pvp cap by 2%. But with the human trait being 20 skill would 40 points only actualy raise it 1%. In this case it might be better to put 40 into focus, to get it to 60. I have 10 MR so mana isn't really an issue. Also, if there are any other tweaks someone can make let me know. Im using a godly -20 mage weapon and the 15% DCI / 15% HCI faction shield in hands.

Actual / Items Add / items Decrease /End

Med 120 / 0/ 0/ 120
    Mage 120 /20 /-20 /120
    Eval 120/ 0/ 0/ 120
    Resist 120 / 0 / 0 120
    Necro 80 / 25 /0/ 105
    SS 120 /0 /0 120
    Focus 0 /20 /0 20
    Scribe 40 /0 /0 40

Total 720 65 -20 765

Cap 720

Room 0

INT 125
    STR 125
    DEX 22
    FC 2
    FCR 6
    LMC 34
    HCI 30
    DCI 65
    Phy 72
    Fire 83
    cold 58
    Poison 55
    Energy 68

2. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Do you want my honest opinion...

SPELLWEAVING!!! :D

With 40 you get pixies (mean fast casting lil buggers!)
    Gift of life
    More power on you gift of renewal and attunement!

Basically its the best 40 points you can spend (especially as its the highest increase in power above JOAT)

The only problem (if you call it a problem) is making sure you get 4people of JOAT skill to cast the circle (for some reason if you cast it at 40 with JOAT's it doesnt bridge)

3. Larry

Larry Guest

Scribe is only useful at 100, and Focus is yuck on any template... Total waste of points.

I would personally boost necro to 120 for an even 6x 120 build, mostly for 100% on revenents.

4. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Nah 105 is enough necro its 100% on strangle all you really need.

5. Banchee

Banchee Guest

I think i'll try Spellweaving, I was fighting another necro who was red lined and all of a sudden summoned a bunch of these punks and I had to run out and heal instead of finish him.

Thanks, anyone else think anything, are my stats alright?

6. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

Don't you fizzle a lot casting pixies with only 40 SW? I've got 60+ and still fizzle a bit trying to cast them.

7. Banchee

Banchee Guest

Yea i tried SW at 40, it's ok but not my play stile, to many damn spells between all of them. I decided to take out my Midnight braces, and add more MR, LMC, mana and max out all my resists with some good arms I found. So to make up from that gives me 20 points left to work with. I'm going to spend the rest to max necro because reverant I found is awesome at stalking those annoying stealth SOB's.