1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Help with a housing timer question

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by andrewsi, Feb 15, 2010.

1. andrewsi

andrewsi Guest

I'm trying to determine whether or not I'm still under the 7-day housing timer:

I placed a house on Saturday using the house placement tool.

I brought up the house placement tool on Sunday, which said I couldn't place again or receive a house in trade for 123 hours. This worried me a bit since I had a trade pending for a larger lot later this week (still haven't done this).

I then destroyed the house on Sunday (back to zero houses on the account).

When I checked the tool again after this, the timer message was not there. It appears like I could immediately place another house. However, the question I have is: can I receive one in trade?

From what I have read in FAQs, etc. if I have a timer on placement OR acquiring a house via trade, I should see indication of such in the house placement tool. However, I see neither.

Anyone have an idea of whats going on?

2. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I am no good when it comes to questions about the housing timers and such. I know you posted here after posting in the tech support forum. I would also suggest the UO Homes and Castles forum as those folks know their stuff and you are likely to get a fast response. I am sure that Basara (a vast wealth of knowledge) or one of the UO Homes and Castles folks will reply here at some point, but worth a shot posting there as well.

I "believe" you will be fine though.

Best of luck with your trade!

3. andrewsi

andrewsi Guest

Thanks for the suggestion Schuyler - I'll post there too!

4. I believe you *SHOULD* be able to trade for another house but don't hold me to that without testing it.