1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Help with hybrid suit

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Vaneca, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Vaneca

Vaneca Guest

Hello everybody.
    I am about to make new char/suit for the next big patch.
    I tried every combination of items I could think of, yet I seem to be missing out on a few mods or resists all the time.

Anyway, heres what I am looking for.

100% LRC
    37-40% LMC
    45-55% DCI (free hands)
    15% HCI (free hands)
    3/5 - 3/6 FC/FCR (free hands)
    30% SDI (free hands)
    13-14+ MR
    45-50% Enhance Potions
    25 HPI
    All 70s resists.

Faction items can be used aswell.
    Brace is pretty much set with Orni and ring could be an Ecru 1/2 49EP 10SDI.

I am actually getting very close to loosing my mind over this one, so any input would be much appreciated :thumbup:

Many thanks in advance.

2. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

good luck, i've struggled with this one myself. fitting in all the dci/hci/sdi and actually having free hands, lrc, etc, is pretty tough.

3. longshanks

longshanks Guest

could u list the temp please?

4. Vaneca

Vaneca Guest

Magery
    Eval
    Resist
    Archery
    Tactics
    Medi
    + one blank

Been planning with a Hunters first, but thats not gonna work out with dci and sdi like I want it to.
    Pure theory at this point.
    I want to check if a decent suit is even possible.

5. icm420

icm420 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

It's the reason a hybrid is so hard to play.. you can make the skills work sometimes but you can't get all the mods you need.. good luck with it all I can say is my most succesful hybrid used a shield and a spirit of the totem. It was a macer parry mage and he hit hard and often...I ended up scrapping him due to not being able to chug.. but it was a fun char. I made a ninja mage recently to abuse deathstrike and smokebombs and he uses a 15 mage 15Hci/15Dci ring and his mage weapon has 5hci/15dci.. but I struggled to get that to work. The ring is crucial to the build for hci and getting that with 50 ep is gonna be really hard.

Before you had to toggle weapon specials, you could get a disarm up for example and keep casting and it would hit whenever, didn't have to try to time it so Hci wasn't so important. I would suggest looking for an Hci/Dci bow since that is really the only way you are going to get what you need. Ring/Bow mayb talismen if you can get the Lmc.

Consider a venom brac and djinni ring, not sure you can imbue them anymore, but I had a 2/3 9hci 1 intel djinni ring that worked great for hybrid builds. Venom I think is a 2fc piece.. but then it will mess your lrc up.

6. Kayne.

Kayne. Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I play a hybrid mage

suit includes either spirit of totem or capt johns hat depending on the set of skills that day between macer and swords
    45 hci 45dci with faction items (does include weapon)
    includes faction inquiz /primer/orny/cincture and a ring that is 1fc 12sdi 5hci and 25ep

7. Vaneca

Vaneca Guest

Think I fixed it, sort of.

100 LRC
    37 LMC
    45 DCI (free hands)
    45 HCI (with wep equipped)
    29 SDI
    25 HPI
    12 MR
    20 Intel Bonus (no boots)
    3 FC
    5/6 FCR
    50 EP

All 70´s, possibly corpse proof.

Atleast that´s what it is on the paper for now.
    Will start creating the suit by the end of the week.

8. RawHeadRex

RawHeadRex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

i used to subscribe to corpse proofing my characters until i realized one curse negates all those extra fire points in one spell. just sayin' ...

9. Vaneca

Vaneca Guest

You are correct Sir.
    However curse and corpse skin are not supposed to stack at 75.
    Means getting cursed and corpsed only hurts you more if you are under 75.
    Atleast that how I remember it.
    Haven´t really checked that in ages tho.