1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with inscription

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Sir Kenga, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Sir Kenga

Sir Kenga Guest

I'm gonna train inscription soon to make Scrapper's Compendiums. What are the chances to make them with 100 skill? Also would like to know if additional properties will respawn on a book will for example LMC be added to those 10% basic LMC bonus?
  2. Zodiac19

Zodiac19 Guest

100 skill in inscription will give you a 30% chance to craft. No you will not get stacked properties such as LMC. But the higher your magery is the better chance to get additional properties.
  3. Walkerboh77

Walkerboh77 Guest

also find a talisman with 30% inscription to give you a total of a 60% chance at success
  4. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

May 21, 2008
    I think scribes are one of the best professions in the game. My first character on any shard is always a scribe. That said, you'll want you magery as high as can be. The higher the magery, the greater chance you will get additional mods on your spellbooks (and scrappers).

Also, don't forget you'll need a recipe scroll for the Scrapper's Compendium (which are rare drops from several Heartwood quests). And the ingredients to make it include a mane from Dread Horn. He's not easy, so you'll need a means to get that (and some other ingredients) before you can start making Scrapper's Compendiums.

5. Sir Kenga

Sir Kenga Guest

If i have scrolled Magery to 120 and with items my skill is 120, but real is 100, when i craft spellbooks what will be my chances to make additional mods?