1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Gardening] help with plant crossing

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by Waxx, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Waxx

Waxx Seasoned Veteran

Hello,

iam new to this topic and i would need some help.

basically i run 5 garden beds in 2 locations. all are 3*3.
    the only stuff i really need is petals and seed of renewal.
    therefore iam growing orange bulrushes.

is there a way to do this cross pol thing so that i still get the petals and renewal stuff WITH the chance to get black / white or the other 4 rare mutant seeds?

thx

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

you can't get any mutants than black or white by crossing plants. I think the other 4 you are referring to are the ones from the Naturalist quest. You can cross your bulrushes with a chance to get a black or white now and then, crossing like with like won't stop you getting the bulrush seeds and orange petals, nor will it stop the seeds of renewal. I grow orange poppies and cross them.

3. Waxx

Waxx Seasoned Veteran

hi Petra,

thank you, how do this crossing work? when i have 9 in a bed do i just cross plant 1 with plant 2 and so on or do i need a completely other type / color of plant?

4. Petra Fyde

nope, just cross any 2 in your bed. I tend to open the first plant and use it to pollinate the other 8 then use the last one to pollinate the one I started with.

5. Waxx

Waxx Seasoned Veteran

thank you so much,
    how rare are the "special" seeds. are there a percentage?

6. Petra Fyde

That's covered in the faq at the top of the forum I believe http://community.stratics.com/threads/gardening-faq-last-updated-8-15-2008.95422/
    something like a 1% chance. I crossed mine for months before I got a mutant, but I only have 2 beds. Then when I did get a plant showing it would give black seeds the first seed off it was a seed of renewal! So I only got 7 black seeds off it instead of 8! The one plant I didn't want renewal seeds from!