1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Help with rare fishes

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Lien Ragus, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Lien Ragus

Lien Ragus Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

It has been a long time now that i m fishing for rare & legendary fishes. I now gather a nice bunch of those but i m still missing a few.
    I m just wondering if i m looking for them at the right place :

Abyssal fish = fishing the pool in Destard east of the entrance (with the water ellies around)
    Dungeon Pike = fishing in Terathean waterfalls
    Spring Dragonfish = dont really know where to go...
    Stone Fish = fishing the oasis in lost lands
    Zombie Fish = fishing Malas lake...

As i didnt catch any of those in the named places yet i m just asking if i m at the right spot or not ?

I m also missing both Crystal and Lantern fishes but my fisherman dont feel comfortable to fish there with a few hydras looking upon his shoulder...

I would appreciate any help from big game fisherman/fisherwoman.

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Bent Drashko

2. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Abyssal location is correct. Dungeon Pike....catch in terrathon keep lake (I don't remember any waterfalls there). Spring Dragonfish can be caught anywhere in ishenar. I catch mine in river near Valor gate. Stone fish from deepwater in lost lands. To my knowledge, no one has ever caught a Zombie fish.

What kind of help do you need/want?

3. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Caught one of 65 stones on 12/08/2011 from Gravewater Lake.

Nimuaq likes this.
  4. Nimuaq

Nimuaq Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I caught more holy mackerel than zombie fish from gravewater lake, and this is using zombie fish bait. :)

You can catch a spring dragonfish near Lakeshire. If you're playing on Europa, we can help you with the baits (see: Fishermen's Guild of New Magincia Re-Opened | Stratics Forums).

5. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Congrats. I should have checked the spreadsheet before posting. Paul on Drachenfels caught a 197 pound zombie fish!!

6. Lien Ragus

Lien Ragus Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks a lot for your answers.... guess i ll have to insist to fish in those places then... As far as Terathean is concerned i dont see where the keep lakes stands... If someone can show me the way i d be very grateful :)
    Lien

7. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The lake is in the dungeon under the Keep. Walk through the front door, and keeping left, you will find the stairway down in the left corner of the first floor. Go down to the bottom, then find your way out to the lower left. Watch out for Ophidians in the area. Look at your map and you will see the lake. Make a mad dash to the shore or to the island in the middle. Beat down the spawn and you will be left alone with plenty of time to fish before the ophidians appear again.

Nimuaq likes this.
  8. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

9. Lien Ragus

Lien Ragus Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks again to you all and thumbs up for Petra in particular... I ll find my way now... :)

thanks,
    Lien