1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Help with Small "Loading UO. . ." staying open in vista

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Pathagiris, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Pathagiris

Pathagiris Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

i had to get a new computer recently and vista came on it so i figured i would try it out. so far i haven't had any real problems besides the Loading UO. . . box staying open after the main UO screen comes up. It stays open behind all other windows and on the task bar. the only way i have found to close it is with the task manager and closing it does nothing to the main UO window.

has anyone had this problem with UO and vista or is it just me? any ideas on how to stop it? the exact name in task manger is uo.exe

2. i had this happen to me and i have no idea why it stopped. hope that helps.

Do you use KR or 2d? assist or no? i think when i open through assit maybe tht stopped it not quite sure

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I had the same issue, and like Dex said, opening with UOAssist solved the problem.

Is that an option, for you?

4. i run vista and use uoassist and never seen that message- so maybe they right.

5. Pathagiris

yea, easy fix. i haven't had a chance to get assist going and just noticed the window stay open when i got on to get a Rot gain.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

It's terrible with a crash, because when you try to re-start UO, you get the "another instance is running" message, and you have to close UO via the task manager.

Not fun.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

tryi and change the compatibility of uo.exe to win2k/xp [​IMG] worked for me.

8. Pathagiris

changing the compatibility worked for crashes or for my original problem?

9. Guest

Guest Guest

We used to get this in 2D before we had assist. It used to leave a blank button on the task bar, clicking on that used to clear it