1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Poisoning] Help with template: Poisoning useful nowadays?

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by Theron, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Theron

Theron Sage

I am very excited to start my "criminal" career, but with many doubts after reading some of the templates.

First of all: Poisoning...is it useful at all nowadays? When I last left UO 10 years ago I was building a template with Poisoning, but seems like today it's kind of useless in most situations in PvP or PvM. Maybe I'm wrong? Seems like it's useful for the Poison resist it gives you.

As usual a template will not be easy as the template will depend on the type of gameplay I want.

I was laughing like crazy with this video on YouTube and was wondering what template did this person use?

I'm not sure yet I want to be stealing rares and so on or just in for the chaos of PvP and hiding :)

Boondocker likes this.
  2. Theron

Theron Sage

So...I gather that no one likes this kind of character of even to talk about it?

3. the_gooch

the_gooch Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Its not that nobody likes it.

The video is extremely entertaining but i cannot tell you what his template is unless he posts it. He has fencing, hiding, stealth and ninjitsu for sure.

Im a thief and can offer little advice if you want to be a PK.

4. pacific cruiser

pacific cruiser Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Poisoning is good for spawns still.. I am just coming back and have dusted off my Nox mage i use at spawns and he still does well.i have 3 poisoners and i took them all to 100. i like the fact when i do use it is allmost allways a dp type of strike. as far as pvp i also cant help ya there due to lotsa changes and im coming back after year and half absence. i been watching the black ninja for years and he is a riot to watch on U toob i have made a lot of the weapons he used for my stealth fencer and they work great but once again been gone. ill have to dust him off also and head to yew gates see if hes worth 2 cents anymore also also just noticed the post below on nox thief guide lol

#4 pacific cruiser, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  5. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

For my ninja template I use
    120 Swords
    100 Tactics
    100 Poisoning
    100 Hiding
    100 Stealth
    90 Ninjitsu (+30 on Gems)
    20 Chiv
    40 Meditation
    40 Focus

The weapons I use are
    Bladed Staff ( Cavalry's Folly)
    Butcher Knife
    Assassin Spike (UBSW)

The basic rinse and repeat strategy of attack is simple.
    Use JOAT tracking to track target
    Stealth beside
    Bladed Staff Dismount
    Instaswitch to Butcher Knife
    Disarm Target
    Infectious Strike
    Death Strike
    InstaSwitch to Bladed Staff
    Armor Ignore
    Repeat until you collect insurance. If they Cure, switch back to butcher knife and Poison then death strike and go back to armor ignoring.

The Assassin Spike is used if you have a prolonged fight and run out of poison on the butcher knife, OR if you end up in a group fight and need to disappear quickly.(Shadow Strike)
    Shadow Strike is also great for DRobing when you are alone against a group.

If you keep the Stealth Skill on Macro, even if they surround someone for a res, you can shadow jump in, Shadow Strike, and then activate the stealth macro, and shadow jump back out before they can drop a field on you.

Even if they manage to field you in or poison you, you can summon a mirror image, and shadow strike it, to hide when they are attacking you. (Shadow strike also allows for instant hiding again if you are revealed.)

6. Theron

Theron Sage

Thanks that's a pretty nice template. I guess that in order to keep stealing and snooping having soulstones is the only way?

7. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

To keep snooping you could probably drop weapons and tactics for wrestling and apply poison by shuriken. Though that only gets you 100 pts to divide between snooping and stealing. Could get some skill items