1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Help with Template

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Gizmostank, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Gizmostank

Gizmostank Visitor

Ive been running tamer bard for years. during that time I never quite finished training taming because its a serious pain but I also figured out that I am not a tamer because I want to tame GDs and sell them. I am a tamer because I want to control GDs in battle, and use my bard skills to kill more difficult mobs. My spec as of last week.

Music 120
    Peace 120
    Animal Lore 120
    Animal Taming 114
    Magery 110
    Vet 100
    (unmodified)

this left me with ~40 points to spend.

I recently decided to add in Discordance my spec currently looks like this

Music 120
    Peace 120
    Animal lore 105 (110 modified) talisman
    Taiming 114 (119 modified) talisman
    Magery 95 (110 Modified) spellbook
    Vet 100
    Discordance 71 (101 modified) +30 on jewels

(capped can't go any further without lowering something or adding modified skills)

I thought I could add another 30 skill points to jewels but it is proving to be to difficult to maintain a decent suit with 60 skill points on jewels. So my question is, how to I get my discordance up to 120, maintain ability to control GDs and to use bard skills on 160 level creatures?

2. Zuckuss

Zuckuss Order | Chaos
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni K^S

I am no expert at taming but right off the bat, if you used a taming/lore mark of the travesty you have already found 20 points right there.

Loren likes this.
  3. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

You could probably be fine dropping your taming to 110... and like he says use the mark... Just keep a set of +15 Taming/Lore/Vet jewels in your bank or on you so that when you go to the stables you have plenty of room.

And honestly you could probably get away with dropping Vet down to 90.... And keeping those Jewels on you for when you need to rez your pet.

4. Fridgster

Fridgster Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Keep in mind that with new expansion coming out and the promise of new masteries.... one may regret dropping a difficult skill to gain back up if they decide to use real skill to be a factor. OP what do you use your magery mainly for? Could also gain some skill points by using enhanced bandages (raises your vet 10 points when used)

Slayvite and Gamer_Goblin like this.
  5. Gizmostank

Gizmostank Visitor

I use magery primarily to heal, with my regen and FC/FCR its very efficient and I don't have to worry about where I am standing. For tough fights I supplement my healing with vet. I also use Magery for low level creature control when I don't have my GD with me, and a lot of invis to stay alive.

6. Gizmostank

Gizmostank Visitor

yes this is why I have avoided dropping taming and peace, the easiest to raise back up, if I drop them would be animal lore and musicianship but I need 120 music and 120 discord for 30% chance on 160 barding creatures.

7. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Try this:

Base Skills
    Music 120
    Peace 105
    Disco 105
    Taming 105
    Lore 105
    Vet 95
    Magery 85

Add Birds of Brit tali +5taming/Lore
    15 Peace jewel
    15 disco jewel
    Tomb of knowledge spellbook 15 magery

Gets you to:

120 Music
    120 Peace
    120 Disco
    110 Taming
    110 Lore
    100 Magery
    95 Vet

Gizmostank likes this.
  8. Gizmostank

Gizmostank Visitor

that is along the lines that I was thinking but I got a MOT fairly cheap which was Peace/Music so with some training I will end up

Birds of Brit tali +5 taming, +5 A Lore
    +30 discord on jewels
    +15 magery on spellbook
    +10 Peace +10 Music on MOT

120 Music
    120 Peace
    120 Discord
    119 Taming
    105 Lore
    110 Magery
    100 vet

with a point to spare. I noticed that chance to control GD drops significantly with taming under 115. at least according to online calculators.

of course the challenge with this build is it will be very difficult to upgrade gear and I wont be able to play with a proper luck suit at all.

9. Angel of Sonoma

Angel of Sonoma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

i run my tamer with 90 vet. rarely fail.

i thought i read somewhere that enhanced bandages do not offer a buff when healing pets.

10. Fridgster

Fridgster Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

As long as your lore and taming combine to 220 i believe you have 99% control.

Merus likes this.
  11. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie

Not sure which client you use, but with the EC client you can toggle entire suits instantaneously with a single macro key. I personally dislike the EC, but I do use it when I do t-maps for exactly this reason... since luck is factored in at the time of a mobs death, you could do your hunting is your normal suit and just toggle your luck suit on for a few seconds when the mob dies.

Yadd of Legends likes this.
  12. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

take advantage of the antique legendary jewels the devs have provided as loot. replace every couple months, look for replacements in mean time. problem solved. between skills on jewels, with stats to make up for mark of travesty you should be able to fit in 60 skill points no problem.

13. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

nb, just remember if wearing the Bird talisman that everything that is not a bird will hit you for twice as much.

14. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie

I do not believe this is correct. Bird slayer has no opposite slayer group, thus nothing would do double damage to you.

15. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I thought it was agreed long ago that the Bird slayer was part of the Fey group and thus opposed by the Abyss??

Back when the Swoops first hit the scene and everyone and their Dogs ;) were farming.

16. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie

It certainly isn't listed that way in any of the documentation I have seen. I wear one on my tamer and have never noticed any extra damage, though I suppose it's possible since my tamer doesn't generally get hit much. I'm still sticking with no slayer group...

Though given modern evidence, wouldn't it make more sense in the reptile group? Raptor/Bird slayer??

Slayvite likes this.
  17. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

If you're using Pinco's EC, the little icon thing tells you what opposite creatures will damage you (I have a repond slayer equipped, and the icon by the hand pointer says I get double damage from creatures affected by the undead slayer). Unfortunately, I can't find a birds talisman to equip to check the icon. Maybe somebody else with Pinco's EC and a bird slayer can check.
    slayer.jpg

18. Drowy

Drowy Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I would go without peace. My template is

120 Taming
    120 Lore
    120 Disco
    120 Music
    90 Magery + 30 from jewels
    90 Vet +30 from jewels
    60 Medi + 30 from jewels

19. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie

Peacemaking is actually very beneficial for a tamer as its masteries affect pets for both the damage reduction and the increased regen.

20. Gizmostank

Gizmostank Visitor

also once the mob is discorded peace almost never fails which means my pet doesn't get hit very often. Its also useful for crowd control. I tried rolling without Peace for a few weeks when I was leveling discord and it just didn't fit my playing style.

@Merus
    How do masteries work? that system was introduced to the game between the last time I played and my most recent return to the game.

21. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie

http://www.uoguide.com/Bard_Masteries

Peace songs rock! They require some mana upkeep to keep them running, but one of the peace ones will give you around 15ish mana regen with your current skill levels. I love them.

22. Gizmostank

Gizmostank Visitor

that looks pretty awesome, thinking of switching my MOT to animal taming/lore so I maintain actual peace/discord and music at 120 for the added mastery bonus.

23. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Peacemaking is pretty crappy for targeted peace against 160.0 Barding Difficulty creatures, peace just breaks constantly then. Disco is much stronger. Not only does it make the victim take more damage due to lower Resists and lower Wrest (therefore making them take more hits), but it also makes victims deal less damage to your pets, since it lowers their Wrest (less chance to hit your pet), Tact, Anat and Eval (less damage dealt on hits), as well as slows their swing speed.

I go with 120 Music/GM Disco/GM Taming/GM Lore/GM Vet/GM Magery/GM Med. My Ring/Brace has +10 Disco/+10 Taming/+10 Lore/FC 1/FCR 3, that way i also have 120 Disco/120 Taming/120 Lore and 2/6 casting.

24. Gizmostank

Gizmostank Visitor

Okay reporting back, I got 795 total modified skill broken up as follows

105 Animal Lore
    100 Vet
    110 Magery
    120 Taming
    120 Disco
    120 Music
    120 Peace

running with >80 all resists, 24 mana regen 100 LRC 207 total mana and 120 total HP. I know my gear has a few holes but depending on gear for skill points makes upgrading difficult.

Initial reports are that this spec is OP :) I love it. Yes peace is less useful than Disco for battle but more useful for crowd control and works real well on targets after they have been discorded. I probably don't need 120 taming but its so hard to raise I couldn't make myself lower it. this spec also benifits from barding mastery which makes my GD that much more resilient with the peace masteries.

25. Gizmostank

Gizmostank Visitor

Ive also got 120 provo on a stone that I can swap in for peace but I haven't found much use for it

26. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

115 Animal Lore +=5=120
    115 Animal Taming +5 = 120
    100 Veterinary + 20=120
    94 Discordance +26=120
    94 Musicianship +26=120
    94 Peacemaking +26=120
    108 Magery +12=120
    720 real + 120 add ons = 840 total 7X Legendary working on 120 provo also

27. Gizmostank

Gizmostank Visitor

what kind of sacrifices in gear do you have to make to put that together? do you have FC/FCR for instance? Can you use bard masteries with actuals so low?

love it by the way, would like know understand how you get 120 modified skill.

#27 Gizmostank, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  28. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

+5 Tame/Lore from Tally +15 Mage from Spellbook and Vet/Music/Peace/disco are 10/13/13/13/13 on Ring and Bracelet. This Char was built before Masteries and when Imbuing came out I retrained my Bard skills so I could have peace/discord together, I am in the works of making a pure 120 Mage/Bard from my stoned bard skills, provoke is a pain. I am not that big on the regens/stat adds or other things as a lot of other people are, I started over 18 years ago when all this stuff wasn't in the game. If I find a good piece of armor that is better than what I have on I swap but as long as I can survive in a fight with my Greater then I am fine. I play for fun the way I did 18 years ago and I do not need all the new fangled bells and whistles to it.

RoseBlue likes this.