1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Help With Throwing

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Virind696, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Virind696

Virind696 Guest

So I have read elsewhere that sword no longer affects your ability to hit with throwing weapons, can anyone confirm this?

My second throwing related question is: I have looked at Bushido/Parry calculators and what I need to know is whether or not a throwing weapon is considered a one-handed weapon that you can parry with (with Bushido)

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

This is a question best asked in the Warrior forum - I'll move it there with a week-long redirect from here.

3. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

They removed the swords requirement to negate the under/over throw hci penalty a couple months after SA was released. As far as being able to parry with bushido, throwing works the same as archery in that it does't work. The did fix the coding somewhat with having parry and shield, in that in the past if you equiped a shield without parry, you had the minimum chance of hitting, and now if you have parry and a shield then you get a reduction in hci. The was a post a couple months ago were one of the Devs discussed the percentage and when it got applied. I tries it on a thrower and I still missed quite a bit and parried very little so I stoned off parry and dropped the shield.