1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Help with trapped pouches.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Miriandel, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Miriandel

Miriandel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Hi,
    It's been like 9 years I haven't trapped a pouch to break paralyse, so I was very surprized when my human with 0 magery trapped a pouch which, when opened, did 50 damage to me through an all 70 armor set.

What is the solution nowadays to break from paragangs, kill yourself or?

:stretcher:

2. Mistura

Mistura Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Traped pouches were nerfed so that you can't use to break para unless you want to break yourself at the same time.

The commonly used item to break para is now a tinker dart traped chest. The best way to do it is with a low skilled tinker (about 40 skill) which means the chest should do between 6-10 damage per use.

The good thing about trapped chests is that they do not run out of uses, the only time you need a new one is when you die and lose it.

3. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

i noticed recently that it breaks my agro and i have to dbl click monster i'm fighting

4. Miriandel

Stratics Veteran

Aaaah, thanks for the tip !

By the way, being the funny bloke I am, I can't resist the urge to deadly explo trap chests (you don't change old habits I guess), who will get the murder counts now, the tinker, or who carries the chest?

5. Mistura

Mistura Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Thats a new thing, very annoying. Can be deadly when soloing peerless :stretcher:

6. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

If the tinker places the trap while the crate is in their pack then they will or did get the count, but if they place the crate on the ground/floor and then place the trap then no count is given.

7. Mistura

Mistura Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Not sure about that!

8. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Nobody, for quite some time now. Unless you are in factions but those aren't trapped boxes we are talking about.

and, welcome back, old timer.

9. Miriandel

Stratics Veteran

Only good news this day :mf_prop:

10. Miriandel

Stratics Veteran

Is a lockpick the only way to spring a dart trap off?

Because sometimes, instead of having the trap explode, I get the message 'you notice the chest is trapped', which of course defeats the purpose of an anti-para chest.

I also can't directly use the 'unlock trap' skill on the chest, i get 'you don't know enough about traps to do that' or something.

11. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

If the crate is in your pack facing this way / you will get the message, but if it is facing this way \ the trap will go off.

12. Cruxshadow

Cruxshadow Guest

yea, box needs to be facing south to explode. I have a "Free Loot" crate on my front steps, and leme tell ya, it never gets old haha.

13. Sir Kenga

Sir Kenga Guest

Mage's spells Unlock and Trap (or Lock keep forgeting which) are your friends.

14. KalVasTENKI

KalVasTENKI Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

/Thread.