1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

help..

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by God_Majere, Jun 26, 2009.

1. God_Majere

God_Majere Guest

ya so dry looted ganked is nothing new.. but i really cant understand why i can not find runic leather for sale. what are you gankers just hording it all? what gives. im about to just give up on ultima all together...

2. Mr.StinkyPants

Mr.StinkyPants Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

3. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Usually you see pieces/parts leftover from someone burning kits go up for a grab bag sale, but other than that I would make a safe bet that yes, it is being hoarded/used.

Not everyone has their own crafter, so the old adage "save it for a rainy day" holds true, in this case.

4. i dont even get on a lot, and this is the second or third time you have said your gona quit...

5. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

Threatening to quit because you can't find runic leather armour ? * shakes head* Oh honestly. Guess I shouldn't really be surprised seeing as my reintroduction to UO earlier this year was logging into Siege and seeing you in Luna crying, shouting and swearing your head off about being killed and losing all your stuff and begging people to help you out.

I don't know where you are shopping but I see runic leather armour for sale pretty frequently, both on player vendors and here on the forums. Decent stuff as well as kit runthroughs. It's a case of checking back often.

6. gmcbroom

gmcbroom Guest

vheck Makoto, britain, and Yew, oh and Umbra too. its there you have to dig though.

7. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I think gosho has a vendor house in zento with some

8. enigma eb2

enigma eb2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Do what I do kill someone wearing runic armor. Like how we killed you last night :)
    Seriously stop crying, find a crafter and buy a runic kit from them.

9. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

or quit running by yourself and join a guild that has a crafter in it

10. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I think i saw a bunch sitting on bo vender at yew gate

11. Bruin

Bruin Guest

It's very rare to see runic crafter armour sets for sale. Sometimes people sell bits and pieces that they get as loot of off others. This is why I think runic crafter armour sets would be a very lucrative business for a crafter.

12. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Bruin, the problem with that is pricing. How do you price it? Do you try to put a value on each piece based on mods? Do you put charge the same price for all pieces regardless of mods? Do you sell individual pieces? full suits? grab bags?

I actually had a ton of runic armor (I don't know where I put it). I don't know the best way to sell it on a vendor.

13. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

Also the trouble is with runic sets is that everyone has different requirements from a suit ( apart from straightforward lrc stuff ) inc. mixing in with arties/enhanced loot items, so its better to sell by the individual piece,

14. Bruin

Bruin Guest

You are correct, it has been difficult and so far what I have seen has been a crapshoot. I'd go for it along these lines.

You figure horned runic kits sell for 350k and you get 30 uses out of them, so thats about 12k a use. Then you've got to figure your market, and I'd say there's two different types:

Non-factioners:
    These people require full suits of around all 70's resists, with a few extra bonus mods, usually MR and/or LmC. So if you can put together an all 70's suit with say 4-5 MR or 20 LMC or a mix you should easily be able to sell them for 100k - a fair price since your cost would be about 75k.

Generally I'm poor so I used spined runic kits to achieve 65ish resists with MR 3-4 but need to burn through a whole runic to get maybe 2 usable suits, you can still sell this to me for 25k and be ahead of the game and have some nice LRC pieces which brings me to my next group.

100 LRC spined runic created armour using the armour only with say barbed leather can easily be made with 6 pieces, have some decent resist and probably also sell for 70k+ since just a normal LRC suit sells for 50k with terrible resists.

Factioners:
    You figure most factioners are using the helmet, chest, legs and gloves from faction arties, leaving the gorget and arms needed. Here these guys are looking usually for 2 things, LMC and MR. Get the high resist pieces with MR 2, LMC 7+ or a combo and you can sell these pieces for 30K+ at least, get both from a barbed runic and you can sell it for at least 100k.

That's how I'd go about doing it. I'm just too lazy.

15. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

Majere what u need to do is get 120 resist and get a killa weapon with ninja, stealth and tracking and run around attacking everything in site so you always have the advantage cuz you got nothing to lose! Then take all the nice stuff you get off of fools who run around in 300k suits and give them to your prize char i.e. Tolliver Quick or something of the likes. Works for me :)

16. Ok here is what you do, You save up some money. You buy some soul stones.... You work Tailoring and Armslore...... COME ON PEOPLE. QUIT CRYING AND GROW A PAIR!!!! or a brain I AM SO SICK OF HEARING PEOPLE SAY WAAAAAAAAAAAA I AM QUITING UO... QUIT ALREADY!

17. Mr.StinkyPants

Mr.StinkyPants Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

18. enigma eb2

enigma eb2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

The reason I love this post is that this guy has been on this shard long enough to have maybe just left NEW and he gets it already.

19. Yes, Enigma that is true i have been on siege for a little over 2 months...