1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Cartography] HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by 1needy1, Oct 19, 2010.

1. 1needy1

1needy1 Guest

hi i have just returned to game and i am a cartographer , i still have th eold marked spots for t maps but have no idea where the new map spots are and i forget how to find them . can anyone help please:confused:
  2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    The new maps are pretty much random. Your best shot is to compare the map to a map program (like UOAM or UOC) to find out the general location, recall to your nearest marked rune to the area, and proceed a search from there.
  3. 1needy1

1needy1 Guest

Thank you, i hope i can remember how to get coordinants from a map its been such a long time
  4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Jan 5, 2001

Gowron Guest

It also helps to have 100 mining. This allows you to have a +/- 5 tile error range when attempting to dig up the treasure.
    Mac likes this.
  6. GreekHero

GreekHero Guest

True mining is mandatory in new t hunters. Will save you tons of time finding the new spots.
  7. 1needy1

1needy1 Guest

Thank you all, so much has changed I think I need to find a fishing guild to join and learn that way but all your advice has been amazing and thank you:grouphug:
  8. 1needy1

1needy1 Guest

can anyone suggest a cartography guild on gl
  9. niceguyteddy

niceguyteddy Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Aug 28, 2004
    I just started back up on GL myself. First decode your map, soul stone it for mining then go dig it up. there should still be some rune libraries out there. Me, Im using a very old one that dosent match up with the current one.