1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Help!!!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Noobish Noob, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Noobish Noob

Noobish Noob Guest

Ok, so I decided to try out Siege and created a chiv warrior. I should have read up on things but I like the challenge of figuring things out by myself. 15 Minutes into my little forray and I was ghosting at Luna Bank dry looted and penniless. I didn't expect that an obviously new player would be killed and looted without a rez so soon. I don't want to whine about the whole thing but I guess I need help. I am stuck sitting at Luna Bank with no money, no transportation, and pretty much without a clue except that I am now hard pressed to even kill a mongbat. I would like to know where I can go to get some help to keep me in Siege. I think I would like the game play but getting started seems impossible. Please let me know where I can seek this help. I have now read the Noob's Guide to Siege and I am ready for another go.

Thanks,

Templeton Fisk
    Mongbat Meat Shield

2. AEowynSP

AEowynSP Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Welcome to Siege Templeton. If your still in Luna I will put you in NEW(please see above stickied thread)

3. SavageSP

SavageSP Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

You can try "NEW" they will help you out with Equipment and Advice, or you can take the road me and many others took....

I found it much more fun to start out as a noob, ran naked to the cemetary, killing mongbats on the way. Drag the skeletons out one by, make yourself a bone armor suit and bank your prized ring that has 10 resists and 5 hci you just got off wraith along with your new found 500 gold pile!

When your strong enough, move up to the Ettins and Trolls and Ogres, the the Red ants NE of Vesper.

Take your PK Deaths in stride, its part of the excitement, give the count, thats what they usually want, and you may even get a rez and some help from the guy that killed you. Dont talk smack and dont take it personal, if its a real tool, move on to another area.

I feel you miss out on alot of the fun and challenge by not trying to tough it out from nothing to something you can be proud of... just my 2 cents..

EDIT: PS- Bank somewhere besides Luna, unless you like thieves, getting blown up, and anything else nasty that can happen to the not so aware.

4. HaHa

HaHa Guest

Meet me in Luna now if your on, ill get you going, watch for Gerbiler or PM me if you dont see me

5. Noobish Noob

Noobish Noob Guest

Thanks for the replies. I have only been playing UO for about 8 months but I had forgotten what it was like to start so fresh and weak. I can't believe what a crutch New Haven is to a beginner compared to birth on Siege. What time zone are most Siege players in? Did I make a mistake starting with Chiv as a skill? I realize now I can't SJ and I can't afford the tithing points at this stage in the game any way. I am going it the hard way at this point.... mongbats and sewer rats beware :) I have been forced to scavenge for resources but it is funny..on PAC the ground is so littered with tossed loot that if you are in Fel you would always be bumping into things. Best stuff I scrounged here was in Heartwood in someone's dump packs from the bow quests. I am logged out upstairs in Luna Bank for now and I will try to contact any here who have reached out to me. I have submitted a request on the NEW website.

Thanks,

Templeton Fisk
    Mongbat Meat Shield
    Barely Able to Outrun the Dark Wisps (Whew)

6. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

Mr. Noob,

What do you like to do best in the game? If you don't mind a bit of resource gathering, you can make your newbie fortune.

Cloth sells for 350 to 500 GP per bolt and is always in demand on Siege as we cannot buy cloth from NPC. There are many sheep in the Yew pens, on Trinsic Barrier island (beware the brigands!), and scattered everywhere. As you train here and there, shear them. Use an NPC tailor shop spinning wheel, bank your cloth, and post here when you have a nice amount to sell.

Plain leather also sells very well and should be within the reach of your mighty mongbat slaying sword at this stage. :)

Ask a tamer to tame you 3 horses. Put 2 in the stable to bond, and ride one now (which will probably be slaughtered but you expect that). After you have 2 bonded, at least you will be able to have a mount to ride if one is dead, and you have to wait for post-mortem veterinary care.

-Skylark

7. Hi Templeton, welcome to Siege. You're accessed to NEW forums. Read the FAQ there, it has most of the info you will need to begin with.

If you want to icq a helper to join, their icqs are listed in various places on the forums. If you don't have icq, just post and let us know when you're around. (don't forget to let us know your timezone as well)

Hope to see you soon.