1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Toontown General Discussion' started by CooperColeman, Jul 28, 2008.

1. OK...I have my old computer up and running, and installed Windows XP on it this morning. Now, when I was playing TT before on my laptop, I had downloaded it onto my laptop. Somehow, on my desktop, I have made it so that the icon on my desktop takes me to the TT website and I now am supposed to play from there. But for some reason, the game won't allow me to play. I get an error message, after it taking about four minutes on the screen that says "Going to Toontown Central." The error message tells me that my connection to the server was broken.

Any advice???
  2. I guess the biggest question is HOW MUCH memory or RAAM does it have? 512 megs is minimum, 1 gig is average. I persoanlly bumped my computer up to 2 gigs and have few problems since.
  3. If you have any firewalls you may want to turn them off.
  4. Ah...that's the problem.

Is memory something that you can install yourself?
  5. NikiKing

NikiKing Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Sep 12, 2003
    I just did it a couple weeks ago and if I can do it anyone can! :)
  6. The hardest thing about memory upgrading is opening the side of the computer casing. Actually the hardest thing is finding what type of memory your computer takes. For this you have to know what speed your computer is. Like 2.33ghz or what. Then it is probably a good idea to remove the existing Ram and bring it with you. Just remember the most important thing about computer electronics, 1) always unplug your computer for at least 5 minutes before you open it, and 2) watch out for STATIC electricity as it will damage your ram memory as well as other small electrodes.
  7. Flippers

Flippers Guest

also helps to go into Internet Options in IE and make *.toontown.com a trusted site (beginning with the asterisk).