1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

herding ??

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Anon McDougle, Aug 30, 2011.

1. how do you use this skill?

2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

2x click a shepherd's crook - target an animal in the appropriate difficulty range - target the place you want it to move to (or the person/animal you want it to follow).

3. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

It is a little fun on occasion. It used to be really fun when folks actually cared about game interaction. I used my Alkie char the other day and herded a buncha critters to WBB. The whole 2 folks that were there were amused for a little while. It's fun kinda role playing a town drunk with a pack of sheep and cows :blushing:

*eidt*

Oh and on Human chars that JOAT deal comes in handy too. You can herd the low end farm animals for fun.

4. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Years back I had a faction herder which I used when other factions would tame dragons and such to help defend a base. As other members of the faction would be pushing the base I'd sneak in and herd all the tames into a corner...I don't think anyone caught on to why those animals were useless.

5. 5% Luck

5% Luck Guest

One of the best uses for herding is to have potential tames follow you as opposed to you following them as you train. Just click a crook then the animal then yourself. Now taming is easy!

6. MrBooDangIt

MrBooDangIt Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Herding can also be used to tell your own pets to go in front of you. You can also stealth and have animals follow you. I use it mainly for the title and RP purpose "Lord Almighty the Shepherd"