1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Here is a fun bug for you...doubt the DEV will actually pay attention though

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Han Telemnar, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Han Telemnar

Han Telemnar Adventurer

If you will notice I have 40 LMC on this character when wearing nothing. I tested it and it is a true 40 LMC. No other characters have this on either of my accounts. I have had this for some time now. I tried reporting it to the devs via bug reporting several times over the past, but it still isn't fixed. I figured this 81 publish would fix it.

Speaking of this publish, aren't our leather armor supposed to see additional, inherent LMC? Untitled.jpg

Let's see if a DEV will finally pay attention to this bug

2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

That is an old bug and not fixable by the Dev's through a publish. Instead - it needs a GM Page to reset the character.

3. Han Telemnar

Han Telemnar Adventurer

Ah thanks, I will do so. Any idea how this bug happened?

4. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Leather armor has no inherent LMC. Studded Leather and metal armor have inherent LMC.

5. Han Telemnar

Han Telemnar Adventurer

Thank you for the clarification Oblsidian - kinda sucks for us mages

6. Shakkara

Shakkara Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Sorry but...

You benefit from this stuff, it doesn't affect you in a negative way. Of course I appreciate your honesty, but don't you think that since we only have 5 developers and half a GM, their time should be spent on addressing problems that are deterimental for the people affected by it? This problem you're having isn't really widespread, and isn't reproducable, so very hard to find the cause and fix it.

I personally wouldn't complain about it if I was affected :)

7. virtualhabitat

virtualhabitat Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

anyone know how to activate this bug? I'd really like no cost 40LMC on all of my characters.

8. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Barbed does too. Time to rebuild my suit a bit to make room for other modifications that will make it better.

How so? I guess I can see your point depending on playstyle, templates with active meditation. I havn't used active meditation in years, with my focus, med, LMC, and MR, I rarely ever run out of mana. For my template, and barbed armour suit, this is the best thing ever.

9. Padre Dante

Padre Dante Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I noticed something similar when I was on TC testing the inherent LMC changes a while ago. At first I was going to report a bug, but I did one thing (maybe cast a single spell? I forget now...) and it just kind of updated itself. It was as if the graphics were just a cycle late on recognizing what my true LMC was.

Now, what you are experiencing could be totally different, and it might be worth looking into, but if it's like what I experienced on TC (mine was "bugged" in the cool info that is displayed when you hover the mouse above your character), I don't recall it being a game changer, as it eventually reset itself to 0.

10. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

<--- wants this bug to happen to him

spoonyd likes this.
  11. Gidge

Gidge Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend BoE

LMC Boxer shorts.