1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

here is an idea(transfers)

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Mechanic, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Mechanic

Mechanic Guest

why not give a months notice,
    add a context menu for a single transfer to return to your shard or move to a new shard. Then when the month is up, shut it down! no more transfers. End that nonsense for good.
  2. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Mar 18, 2003
    Everyone says how EA/Mythic makes too much money sellling transfer tokens, that they won't stop the service. I think they'll make much more money if they'll simply start selling items/gold to the players that want them, and recode transfers to be characters only, no items...imo.
  3. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    Agreed with no items...

What should be transferred with a character:

- The Character
    - The stats
    - The skills
    - A selection of newbie gear based on three of the top skills (randomly chosen if tied)
    - 1000 Gold

That's IT.

Allowing items to be transferred remains the biggest problem with the X-Fer service and always will be as long as it is allowed.

Sorry traders... but as much of a free market person I am, that system has been too abused and caused too much damage to the game.
  4. What EA needs to do is get rid of transfer tokens completely, and handle transfers via a pay to EA service. That way EA can verify what's being transferred, and control it at both the origin and the destination. If a dupe happens to occur through a bug, then the transfer is put on hold and the character stuck in limbo until it's fixed and the dupes removed.
  5. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Oct 1, 2006
    I agree with you there, that's how other games I've play(ed) handle transfers.