1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Heres a scam for you...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by RavenWinterHawk, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Okay
    Runes to slimes.

Is there something wrong with that?

yeah the dye slimes.

2. Vyal

Vyal Guest

Are the slimes even out yet? I looked didn't see any on my shard.

3. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

How is that a scam unless the rune doesn't really take you to the colored slime?

4. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

They're only supposed to be in one location for two days. And they should only be on Origin at this point.

Unless someone's reading more into the stuff from the spoiler thread than the rest of us are. There seems to be a quest that involves an NPC at the zoo and collecting slime acid.

Maybe some folks know more than the rest of us. All I get when I try to talk to Iakas the Zoologist at the Zoo on Origin (a Quest Giver NPC) is a message, "I'm sorry, I have nothing for you at this time." I also killed slimes in Fire and just for good measure some frost ooze in Ice on Origin and saw nothing unusual. And the Zoo Collection donation box didn't seem to list any new types of pets you can donate or any new types of rewards.

5. Aboo

Aboo Guest

Would you mind explaining the "two day" part please?

6. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

From my understanding there are several locations they can spawn. Every couple days a new color spawns and the locations change.

7. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Like IDOC runes you can't prove the product your selling has any value until after the customer has already bought it and used it ... that sort of business tends to be asking for trouble. Even if you're an honest merchant, your helping create a market that will attract scams.

(actually, even if you are attempting to be an honest merchant, you may accidentally scam people if, as is widely believed, that the slimes are not staying in one place for more than a few hours .... the usefulness of the rune may expire between when you mark it and when someone buys it)

(but you are right, it's only a scam if its not as advertised)

8. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

All I know is what's in the Publish 57 notes (http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=475):

The spoiler thread may include a list of the 5 new hues.

9. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Most likely the runes do exactly what they are advertised to do and that is take you to the slimes. Maybe not the dyed slimes, but the ones in the swamps. Same caliber of scam as those people that put Valorite smithing hammers, 15 uses, on their vendor for 18 million in hopes that someone thinks it is a Val runic hammer.