1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] Hey BTeng while you're in the neighborhood...

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Tukaram, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Tukaram

Tukaram Guest

Thanks for answering our question about secure/release icons but while you are around... I'm not sure which guru you are here but who would we have to bribe to get a graphic of some kind for the spell Holy Light?

Holy Light used to have an awesome spell animation in 3D. No it is more of a flicker. Would love to see a bit more light and less holy. :thumbup1:

2. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

/signed
    Exactly!

When they promoted & showed the KR client at the 2007 town hall meetings, Darkscribe (UO Producer Cohen) would spam the holy light on his paladin and everyone would salivate.

I'm a huge advocate to enhance the visuals of UO. It's what new players would notice FIRST.

Watch the demo and see how they spammed it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3zobSujXso

3. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

As much as I want a better animation for Holy Light as well, I believe the effect in the linked video wasn;t holy light, but a Hit Lightning weapon.

4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

While they are at it.....

Consecrate weapon in 2d has differing graphics depending on the weapon your holding, bows for bows, mace for mace, so on so forth.. but in the EC it's always just a sword.

Also.... while in the paperdoll I can see my bow if I'm in game facing south and sometimes other directions I can't tell I've got my bow in my hand..... you can't see it.... it's like I'm shooting arrows from an air bow.... just looks funny.