1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

hey devs--how bout a fix for old provoke bug?!?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by mmmbeer05, Mar 8, 2008.

1. mmmbeer05

mmmbeer05 Guest

when i or other provokers provoke monsters...pets run back to their masters!!

not annoying for me but very annoying for tamers!!

2. eolsunder1

eolsunder1 Guest

Yea very annoying problem, provoking makes the 2 target monsters sorta refresh, so any pets on them aren't locked on them anymore thus they run back to their masters. Plus people attacking them aren't locked on them anymore.

Provoke shouldn't affect other players/pets in any way. It should affect the monsters.

3. Stigmatas

Stigmatas Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Yea I made a thread about this a couple months ago and got plenty of player responses, but no Dev feedback. Lame.

I sometimes run a voker in Doom (just lastnight in fact) when there arn't lots of folks around. You WANT a voker there when there is only a few peeps. But the target loss is a pain in the butt. They need to fix this.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Pll have gotten used to the bug, but it is one of those, WTF??? bugs that dont seem to have any reason for being... They should change it for sure, annoying indeed.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I've made another full bug report on this one just last week so I know they are at least aware of the situation.

6. 5% Luck

5% Luck Guest

If you use the follow command before useing the kill command on your target then the pets will continue to follow and attack the target regardless of a provoke. Also this will help with a target casting invisi on them selves and pets running back to their masters.
    So.

all follow target
    all kill target

This works just fine plus as a provoker my self I dont mind geting a lil boost in the damage totals via this bug LOL thx devs!

7. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

If you use the follow command before useing the kill command on your target then the pets will continue to follow and attack the target regardless of a provoke. Also this will help with a target casting invisi on them selves and pets running back to their masters.
    So.

all follow target
    all kill target

This works just fine plus as a provoker my self I dont mind geting a lil boost in the damage totals via this bug LOL thx devs!

[/ QUOTE ]
    This "trick" only works for now. With the pet changes there's going to be problems. Also, if you tell the pet to "follow" something it will not return to you after the something is dead or has recalled unless you recommand the pet to follow you again. This is also the core cause of pets who get stuck in that endless "chasing of the invisable" when they die and dart off into the west... or east...

8. mmmbeer05

mmmbeer05 Guest

will the new pet ai affect this situation at all?!?!?

9. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

will the new pet ai affect this situation at all?!?!?

[/ QUOTE ]I don't know as it hasn't been tested.
    Right now provoke acts like a peacemake on your pet. You have to command all kill again. I imagine after the AI changes go in if you do not re-command your pet to kill target it will stand there and get attacked till it dies.