1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Hey I missed something!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ludes, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Several people have mentioned using the event scroll to hit 260 on stat cap..

I'm only at 255 so I missed something....
    Could someone fill me in on the other 5 please?

2. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

Oh wait... I must have woke up still drunk...
    I haven't eaten the scroll yet.
    Talk about feeling stupid.

3. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

But wait... so I just ate it.. and my maximum stats is still 255.
    Tried logging out and back in.. still 255
    ?

Eaerendil likes this.
  4. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

yer having a very bad morning, I suggest going back to bed

Viquire, Zonrath, Ludes and 2 others like this.
  5. MagicStar

MagicStar Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Lol!

6. Ron Silverbeard

Ron Silverbeard Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Its because i complained enough i didnt get one so they turned it off to not work
    Which is actually the right decission!
    To bad you didnt sell it early enough for 100 Mil!
    Its just YOUR fault thats all..

I am sorry for you

;)

7. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

Exactly my own thought!
    I better eat something first and then I think I will... maybe a Bloody Mary as well.

8. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

So I just got told by a GM that the maximum stats you can possibly have is 255 and using items will not increase it farther.
    He apologized for any inconvenience this may have caused me.

Viquire likes this.
  9. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor

Ummmm....

*stares blankly at monitor*

:confused:

10. outcry

outcry Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

wow , you are drunk, first off go gain some stats now that you age the scroll ;p
    it does not magically give you 5 points you have to gain them like any other time

11. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor

:lol:

Heck, I ain't even been drinkin and I missed it. Reckon it's time once again for my hat :dunce:

12. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

I was looking at the cap side of the slash.. ie: 235/255

Shouldn't it say 235/260 now?

13. Ron Silverbeard

Ron Silverbeard Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

The GM is right...that was me answering your poor help request..

Now go back to your drinking...it helps!

14. claudia-fjp

claudia-fjp Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Shouldn't it have already said 255/255 instead of 235/255?

How about you try the following, go cap your stats. Remember each one has an individual hard cap of 125. Once you hit 255 keep trying and see if it still raises. Try to eat another +25 stat scroll, you may have been drunk and ate a +20.

15. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Huh?? i think i got lost somewhere in this .... what scroll?? 260......

16. Ender76

Ender76 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Event scroll from the global event. Was last night on Atlantic, Pacific

17. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor

Your full status menu shows your stat cap. It always has as far as I know.

If your cap is 260 then it will show 260. You don't have to raise the stats first.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  18. claudia-fjp

claudia-fjp Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Unless it's a display error and they added the scroll without changing some other pertinent line of code. Which is why I listed all those things for him to do. One of them should point out the problem. I mean if you aren't even stat capped at the previous figure it seems premature to complain about 5 new points not working.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  19. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I just realized that all but one of my toons are at 230 and one is at 250. On a similar note, stat scrolls seem to have gone up in price and gone out of stock.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  20. Ezekiel Zane

True, he may have only ever used a +20 stat scroll.

So far though, it is strange that nobody else has chimed in and confirmed whether it does indeed increase your stat cap to 260.

21. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Cuz everyone is too busy selling them... :p

22. claudia-fjp

claudia-fjp Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Oh, then let me confirm. I ate mine last night and then raised my str 5 points. I'm now at 260 total stats. My maximum stats says 260 now on the gump as well but I can't confirm that it said that between the time I ate the scroll and raised the stats because I didn't bother to check.

23. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Wondered that myself, but unless you get the Herald Feed from somewhere, you wouldn't know, since they didn't list it in the UPDATES section of the log-in.

24. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

I had no clue of any event till i read i missed it...... Might I chime in that its the weekend many of us do have Real Life that runs the show..... have missed it as well.
    I find that after reading this fully and now understand why so many are miffed. 5 points might not sound much to the average ear but in the end can make a difference in the outcome of events...

25. Ezekiel Zane

This very same firestorm over +5 stat points is what eventually led to the +5 6 months bonus because of all the new players who weren't around during AoS or who chose the +5 skill bonus instead.

The devs never learn do they?

26. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

No never. This just doesn't sit well with most anyone ....... top that off with however many went and died 100's of times due to the lag with dozens and dozens of crosssharders attending..... and got NOTHING..... I know several who attended and failed to get anything because they spent most the time lagged out crashing and dead.

Reminded me of the events of the past that I spent more time frozen than moving.

Just wasn't very good in my opinion and I am torn as to how they should proceed with this.

27. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

I tried to clarify my thoughts but that thread ended up locked...just to say, yes, I'm not sure on whether they do in fact get us to 260 or not, and I didn't mean to sling rocks.

Hm. I tried to get a scroll on Chesapeake and didn't receive a scroll. Seems like some got the scrolls, some didn't. Hm.

Received scrolls on Cats and Origin yesterday. Glad I did the Origin event, was a lot of fun.

28. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Tried it on Test Center, does in fact get you to 260. Then I tried to raise STR to 125 and the cap fell to 255 again, lol. Oops. Keep in mind my robe gives +5 INT, otherwise the stats add up to 255. You end up getting to keep the scroll as a momento.

[​IMG]

29. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

One - "crosssharders" on the more popular low population shards to go do many have set characters on them... just for doing the events...
    While this is fine for alot of shards who's population is in the low end but for the major shards... the lag and dropping is getting old.

Two - As for the "lag" Over UO's history many times a large gathering of players on any of the shards has caused "lag" the answer was adding in "telestorming"
    I for one am noticing alot more trouble with lag with medium size groups in one place... now mind you we always will have lag.. thats a given but the lag of late feels different. Our servers might be getting old... working but old. That said as I have not seen the equipment... we might be running on borrowed time on some.

Three - Having been a volenteer in the past, I do understand player mentality. These days that same player has concerns on the "event" gifts seemingly slighted to the more powerfull. Some cases it is, as with all games its a grouping of things that have a player in the %'s of a gift. Skill with their set up, armor, weapon, conection, computerspeed, all are factors and no two can be the same. This is facts.
    But I do have fault for the gift giving, I have never been one of those mom's who went for each player getting a trophy in little league, I have seen what kind of person it leads to. But in UO, I have seen too many get so angry they lost out on some "Dumb" gift that should have been for all who attended tell me " thats it I've had it..... " they quit week or two later.
    This over a stupid toy.....

This however I see major problems....
    Top most is the unbalancing of players... yes you say 5 pts wont make a difference but I beg to differ. Yes there are max's on stats, any one of them can go to the max. Many of you try to do the max on 1 and to the higher end on the 2nd with jewelry and armor but this is normal any can do. But this permanent 5 pts...... No one setup can max out their character on 3, but if you start to add in this extra 5, the can of worms just got opened.

For years I have said the original Beta cap on skills should have stayed at 1000. Not the 700 we got. Made it rough to make a true crafter with all the skills one needed. Today infact we need soulstones to rock back and forth to do any good in the skills meant for a crafter. But we could live with the shifting if we had to.
    The original stat changes had many reasons for them being added... some we were awaire of many we were not till later on in the game time line. Now of all times to drop a 5 stat gain scroll for a bated few............... As an anchient of this game I am not happy. I see alot of hell being given over this. Arguments we dont need and player satisfaction going out the window. Here I am trying my best to help keep players in the game .... i feel i am swimming up stream when this sort of thing happens. I cant help any who feel slighted it's not in my powers or pockets to do so.
    Oh I wouldnt mind having one, who wouldnt! But in the long run I'd feel guilty for having something others cant and gives my character an advantage.....

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  30. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I always thought it would be nice. Heck, even 800 would be nice right now for my crafter. It's that dang pvp and balance thing that keeps that skill cap so strict though

BeaIank likes this.
  31. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

Lady Storm, use your head instead of listening to the scaremongers. Do you really, really think Mesanna would do something so foolish as to only give this item to a handful of players? I most certainly don't.

Viquire likes this.
  32. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

what do the destructible walls do? is there a reason they need to go?

33. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

They block the way, you need to destroy them in order to proceed.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  34. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Personally, I don´t care if I have 255 or 260 stat cap. I do just fine with 255.

The thing that annoys me though is the way this was done. Rewarding only a part of the playerbase with such an item without any additional announcements only leads to unnecessary friction within the playerbase.

A line like "Those brave enough to fight and slay the beast will be rewarded a preview of things to come" (assuming they will be available later on) in the patch notes for the event would go a long way and we wouldn´t have the "uproar" we have now.

I did like the event, I liked the wall idea, I liked the boss, his graphics, his specials and the challenge he gave us. Thank you EM Aurora for leading us into battle on Siege. :thumbup:

I guess all I´m trying to say is that the reward part could´ve been done in a much smoother way to avoid unnecessary frustration and disappointment among the players. Because that is something we do not need these days...

Nimuaq likes this.
  35. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I just have one more observation, and I have made it before. In addition to the uhm difficulties, of the scrolls and their delivery, we have a rockin new art asset. I hope it will find a much more permanent home somewhere, along with some version of Bane and a modified loot Crimson Dragon. And I hope the werewolves make seasonal comebacks.

36. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Regardless of my personal feelings for Mesanna (who I hold in the highest regard and have an idea just how much she puts into this game)-

She has let this situation simmer since Friday without a response or comment of any kind- and I don't think she would have been oblivious to what would happen when those scrolls would drop. Given she was on this site sunday at like 2:02 pm, it's bothersome that she didn't make a reply or post about it then.

37. niceguyteddy

niceguyteddy Journeyman

I’m currently serving in Afghanistan and if there is an item such as this put out with no chance to obtain one in the future, well I may be a little salty. To hand out a item giving a permanent advantage to some is wrong in my opinion.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  38. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Petra.... your right. I do know her very well, she has her reasons and I will wait to see whats up in her web of mystery. Hehe she loves a good secret... I just wish I was the ladybug on the phyladendron when she plots this stuff! Look guys calm down... I might have jumped the gun as I know Our Dark Lady she likes to surprise players and in doing so makes game play soooo good for those of you. I bet she has more up her silky sleeve to toss at players. But... I also know she is one super busy lady over there... and now with the boss title....... her time before was dolled out by the minute. Now.... i bet its counted by the second!
    Mesanna has alot to do and see to. that said... give this time to unfold. When has Mesanna ever disapointed in her mystery romps? Never enough said.

39. O'Brien

O'Brien Thought Police

Cheerleader alert. :eyes:

When hasn't Mesanna disappointed in her "mystery romps"? o_O Do tell.

I've seen a lot of love from the playerbase for Mesanna. I am still trying to figure out why. I do believe that's largely why she was given a new title, however.

To give a game-changing item out to select few players who weren't just at the right place at the right time, but also lucky, and then not say anything when the playerbase goes up and arms about it isn't "mystery" or a surprise in the making. It's unprofessional.

Also giving us sneak peaks and all of this buildup about a global event that most can't participate in and the game clients can't handle without crashing, is just poor planning and management. It's not about +5 stat scrolls. It's about we all pay the same monthly subscription fee and expect better.

Frankly, I don't care if Mesanna does have something up her sleeve, or what it is. I've seen enough of what's up her sleeve over the last 6 months.

Woodsman likes this.
  40. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

While a good secret, a surprise around the corner is usually a pretty good thing, this is not one of those times.

Are we supposed to be mind readers and assume anything?

Like with the Vine Cord Sandals, after it was mentioned how 100% of them are dupes and there is no possible way any of them could be real, they are all changed.

Yet, you have things two story talking statues which were gotten by a hack and then duped and yet they are still all over the place.

You can never assume anything and to tell people to sit back and trust because you know someone will take care of this is crazy.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  41. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

I cant speak for Mesanna, but I will give you the deserved earfull.

O'brian your im better then thou attitude covers up your lack of vision. Your badge of thought police should be revoked! You do not speak of my thoughts sir so dont pretend to.
    While yes this scroll is potentualy a game changer for the select few... I did ponder why it was done. While it was given out in an event and you get a nifty deco out of the used scroll for display.
    Has it ever occured to you that down the line EVERYONE will get the +5.
    Oh it might not come with the pretty scroll but it just might be in the works for that very thing???
    Petra was correct in reminding me of how Mesanna has been and will be in the future.
    I know your uptight that it seems she is playing favorites... far from it.

Events are run by fellow players who are the EM's.... if an event you have been at was not right in your thinking try getting on the EM side of things in your thinking. When you got greedy, roudy, undisaplined, rude, and over zelouse players all at your side clammoring for the info to get "something special" many for the value in the resale which is the greed. Things can and do go wrong. I have been to so many and been pushed out by these people who have made many events so bad I have stoped going to the majority of them.
    I do know I do not have the best warrior or that specialist who can woop the daylights out of anything tossed at them. These players have a distinct advantage over me in power and skills that get the chance at the *gift*. I have gone to many and had fun not expecting to get anything, and walked away with a nifty thing cause it was for all who came.

I for onew will give Mesanna the benifit of the doubt in this one, she just got the title but she has been doing the job for months. I have sat here talking to her and had to pause many times while her office was flooded with coworkers who needed her input or directions. I am quite sure some of you work in offices where your boss is a work hound and has been just like that been pulled in many directions. In game its the same way. Players want her to *play* Give the lady a break! with all she has to do and keep track of you would think some things will go wrong... we all have this happen even with our best intentions at the heart of it.

This year is our 15th and they want it to be a rolling ball of events filled with fun and death, which is to say the least is what Mesanna loves to do.
    The minute that scroll went out to the public all i heard was the price some were selling theirs for......... I was so shocked the Dev would do that to unbalance the game like that. Then I sat back when Petra said I knew better of it. She was right, no Dev would go to that place without the equiling basis for the rest of us. Remember the last time they gave out stat increese's..... well I do. Oh it was with our roses and aos clothes remember? that bit of 5 pts so many after it was gone clammored the new were at a disadvantage...
    We now have in the minute a new character is loged in a menu of it's addition is offered every time that character logs in to take it.

We have 3 more months till we have passed that milestone and they have more things for us to expect and play with.. have some fun and wait for it.....
    In short gentilmen and ladys in the words of a old anouncer .................. You havent seen anything yet!

Now if that makes me a cheereleader then so be it. But I will give them time to do the thing they do best....

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  42. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I've done that, not in UO, but, GM in IFGS, marshall in SCA, DM in several types of DnD games - try dealing w/ a heated 6' 250lb crazy man that has armor plating and swinging a 5' stick of bamboo, just as hard as he can - been there. My view is this event worked for those that could arrive whenever it was started and were able to stay w/ the group until the door was closed for participation.
    Personally, I usually just give myself the widget at the end, if i can, because I can't actually "play" - just as Petra disqualifies herself from the lore contest.
    I'm busy seeing that all, even late comers, know what to do and where to go. I don't just run a script and say GO, I help the others do whatever it is they're supposed to be doing, + making sure nobody gets out of line. Run by players? most certainly. Skilled in performance? no way. I felt shut-out of the event, so did many others, especially when we could see movement on the stairs by those who got in. As did the ones asking where everybody was and what was the event about, eventually just leaving. My understanding is they shut off the entrance to where Exodus and the others were at some point - nice names followed for the EM's in chat.
    I'd be cycling around from the dungeon, and other places outside telling people to get in there and Kill that stuff - and I'd do it until the guy was dead. If they're trained to say oops, too bad, soo sad, I'll never attend another one. It's about Making sure everybody that wants to participate, can, and in the time allotted.
    What I saw them do was just wrong. They are not MY fellow players

43. O'Brien

O'Brien Thought Police

That's all well and good Ms. Storm, but doesn't really address a thing I said. Thanks for the perspective though.

No, I don't speak for your thoughts or anyone else's but my own and those who agree with me. I'm just one of many paying customers who expect better and unashamedably vocal about it. However much you think we get from the Devs now, I guarantee it would be much less without us whistle blowers here on Stratics all the time. That's what the cheerleader squad fails to understand. True, being a cheerleader does have special benefits, like being chat buddies with Mesanna as described in your post. That explains a lot. But if that's what it takes, you can count me out.

44. Nimuaq

Nimuaq Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I also want to note that, even if you press the Cancel button on the window after double-clicking the scroll, it will assign the scroll your name on it but it wont increase your stat cap. However, the same window will pop up the next time you log in and it will increase your cap once you click Accept.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  45. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Often, posts may appear to be cheerleading, but were not the OP's intent. I know Lady to be Honorable and fair, enough to know that she can stand her ground, solo. She offers a voice of reason, imo. As for "chat", we know Mesanna personally helps people with problems, ever wonder how that's done? Might not have anything to do with "buddies". I've seen her slam people when necessary, whether a Dev, EM's, or whoever, and she gives credit where credit is due. [/OT]

46. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

this thread has gone in a few other directions, it seems....... Ludes, how did ya make out? still stuck at 255?

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  47. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

Yup.. gave up on this. still stuck at 255.

48. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Thank you SevinOooO...
    If anyone has read my posts before they will honestly know I am no cheerleader for the Dev.... I can understand O'brians distaste for alot that goes on in UO that should have eather been there from the start or nerver intro'ed to the game.

Let me clear this up a tad, though its none of your darn business but I will be blunt.

I have in my years of uo play I have found alot of bugs, defects, and general bad scripting, player hacking as with my accounts of late etc.... and I did something. I activly turned in all. Some Players in UO have not all been here for good means. Many know here I served my fellow players in robes and bare toes.
    Our Dark Lady, has been a driving force to fix alot of this... I dont care if you beleave me or her. Thats your gig.

I beleave it was last year or the year before, we had the dev asking to see the old Islshendar maps as they turning the Ish maps (originals) into specials with marks to show the difference. Mesanna Asked to see some on one of my shards so i offered her run of my castle museum where they are shown.
    I watched her and talked the lady as she went through them, noting how many times that poor lady was interupted! it should have taken a few minutes but ended up nearly 45 minutes.
    I have PM'ed her on occasion to give her a heads up on things I have seen that should be looked into. As with the CS office giving away our account info..... to fishers.

Cheerleader.... no

Adult player who cares about the game... your damn right I am

O'Brian the best thing any of us can do to keep UO going is give the Dev a hand and tell them whats what. Just dont expect them to keep you informed of the work to fix it...
    Behind the happy go lucky dev faces on the boards is a group of hard working people who try to have fun doing their work. I dont expect perfection, no one is perfect.
    As SevinOooO said I WILL YELL at any of them if they muck up.
    We are very lucky Mesanna will talk to players and try her best to fix the mistakes done... Just because she has new title isnt reason to start treating her any different, she has been doing that job for a long time as far as I have seen. She earned that title.

Mirt and Sevin0oo0 like this.