1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Hey Kelmo! And Friends <3

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Memnoch, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Memnoch

Memnoch Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Just popping in to say hello, I see a lot of old names still pop up on this board! It's really a testament to you guys. Rumpy is back? Kelmo STILL Moderating? (Oh Kelmo, how I miss our quarrels). Gerbiler still posting but in a less offensive more mature "I got beat down by life" sort of way (I'm disappointed).

Creepy thing is I log in today for the first time in a few years(?) and I see a post I had made in 2006 (When I was roughly 16 or 17, I am now 24) is on the front page as it has recently been bumped.

I hope all is well with those that remember me and are still on the server, are people like Otto still doing well? What has become of NEW does it still attract fresh meat? Are there still events? Is Kelmo still intimate with sheep? Am I going to be found in violation of the ROC for that (I think its the 4th or 5th clause that discusses community building) Is that bat-**** vampire still playing (pun intended Infidels)

Is PvP still all about who has the better dragon?

Hope all is well!

/Hugs :heart: Memnoch

2. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I came back from a 6 year long break a few months back for the hell of it. I've already taken 2-3 breaks since I been back for a month at a time. Its just not the same game, but it passes the time :(

3. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*chuckles* Good to hear from you. If no one else does a little history fill in for ya I will try on Wed, my day off. Sadly WrYm is not playing.

4. Memnoch

Memnoch Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Oh man I'm going to have to remember to check back in on Wednesday to satisfy my urge to figure out how everyones doing?

Funny thing Kelmo! I looked at some of our more private quarrels on Stratics and read some arguments I made about some of the abstruse elements of the RoC, since then I have become a student at a Tier 1 Law School and this semester I am taking a course in Contracts... I still 100% agree with one of my old messages about the RoC!

I guess I can now list "Moderation of Kelmo and his imposition upon me of the Rules of Conduct" as a viable answer to future employers when asked what sparked my interest in the law!

Oh it makes me giggle.

Blaeke and Hattori Hanzo like this.
  5. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni TnT/TnA

Kelmo is hero to all bourgeoisie apprentice attorneys.

6. Gerbiler

Gerbiler Adventurer

Memmers!

I had a long day at work, when out for a drink or twelve, and when I came home I just came to stratics. Thought it would be funny posting on here under my more "interesting" of character names.

I saw some of the guys we fought while REV was still active, and went far back in the stratics archives and found that post by you. I thought it would be amusing to cast a threadomancy spell, and bump it to the front just to see what replies I got. Good seeing alot of the old names here. Ultima Online seems to be the George Burns of online games. Its old, and out of date, but just wont kick the bucket. Glad to see so many still hanging in there.

7. Memnoch

Memnoch Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I will not log into Siege, that would require me downloading the client onto my computer and patching for twenty centuries. Plus, I'm honestly just not that interested.. I did however bank alot of things that might be considered rares (I know I had quite a few bottles of bright neon item dyes fully charged) a good chunk of gold, artifacts, and a good amount of other valuables. Next time I'm home I may use my home computer to log in and spew valuables on the floor of Luna bank.. I'll be sure to give a 30minute heads up on the forums when I do! Maybe I can have a dance competition or have people feed into my ego for valuables...

How are you though HaHa? Hows the kid (did you have a kid or is my memory delusional?) How's the wife? (Did you have a wife?) Hows your skill at finding obscure and grotesque adult material? I think you may have scarred me for life.

8. Gerbiler

Gerbiler Adventurer

Heh, family is good as always. I now see the grotesque adult material IRL and I'm even trying to figure out a name for some of the things so that I can add it to urbandictionary.

9. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

*waves*

Playing other games. Tried UO again a few months back and just couldn't justify the antiquated subscription model.

Still pop in on Stratics from time to time just to see what's up.

Sounds like you're doing great things with your life. I believe I was getting a divorce at your age. XD

10. Memnoch

Memnoch Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

This gave me a good "lol" thats the HaHa I know!!!!

Gerbiler likes this.
  11. Blind Otto

Blind Otto Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

*salutes*
    Still here, if only during really weird hours.
    Work's devouring 99% of my time. On the bright side, the next generation of Ottos have started playing on Siege, at least during school holidays and the occasional weekend!

12. Gerbiler

Gerbiler Adventurer

Alot of of old names here, good to see you guys.

13. Førsaken_

Førsaken_ Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Wow....Memnoch you're done! You address Rumpy, Gerbiler, and Kelmod over me or even Kage? WOW. I guess you moved on from me huh bookie? No more love?! It's fine, btw, Kage and I are back on Siege Perilous-Just happened last week.

I hope you're doing well though, even though you don't seem to love us anymore...

14. Not Pappy Joe

Not Pappy Joe Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Memnoch's a lawyer XD LOL

15. Memnoch

Memnoch Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Dude I didn't want to mention you because of how serious our bromance was. Way to blow that spot!... How are you anyway? Still dating that chick? Wasn't she crazy?... If the answer to both questions is Yes I'll feel like a ****, but I'm taking my chances.

And yes Pappy Joe, Memnoch is BECOMING a lawyer... It is kinda funny if you compare me with how I acted back in UO days (god I was young). It's a good career choice though, I can troll people in court all day.

16. Famine

Famine Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Haha that's great Memnoch. :)

Famine
    Siege Perilous Museum

17. Førsaken_

Førsaken_ Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Wow, it really has been a while huh? I've been with my WIFE *not the crazy chick* for 10 yrs this coming April. We've been married for almost 2 yrs now. Life is good, UO is still my addiction, and now I know I can turn to you for some legal advice! EH?! =D

18. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

19. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

20. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Hi Wulf.

Lots of potential minions around...
    *wink* *wink*

21. CorwinWE2

CorwinWE2 Adventurer

lol, I popped in today on the random thought that perhaps UO had finally given in and gone to a free-to-play model.

22. Rizarium

Rizarium Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Arrr & Yarr Pirates!

Your Tower just fell 2 months ago Corwin. So how is the best tamer pvper of his time doing?

23. Memnoch

Memnoch Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I'm interested in Corporate/Securities law... So unless you start a gigantic corporation and need legal counsel for mergers and whatnot.. No thanks.

24. Førsaken_

Førsaken_ Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

It was a joke buddy, calm down...

25. Guardian KX

Guardian KX Lore Keeper

You are so totally missed... People like you coming back would make me rejoin. Most the haters posting on here make me remember why I quit. LaLa...

Barania likes this.
  26. Adrianas

Adrianas Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Gilfane

I started out in that (as a lowly secretary, but doing corporate work in Dallas for a name partner). Then on to be a municipal bond paralegal in New Orleans. Then (post-Katrina) back to being just a legal secretary. [Y'know, ya just don't need that many municipal bond paralegals in any given city - I think New Orleans has 3.] But I still love corporate law. I have a good friend who went on to become a corporate attorney for the TrustE folks (he had specialized in internet privacy and intellectual property law). He lives in San Francisco now and handles "Asia." (!!)

So I wish you the best of luck. May you find a firm that is driven, but for all the right (and honorable) reasons. There are some out there. And remember that the person who will have your back the most will be your secretary. . . .

#26 Adrianas, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
    startle likes this.
  27. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

How did I miss this?
    For the benefit of any others for whom 'patching' is a reason to not - it doesn't work like that anymore. You download an installer - that downloads the most recent versions of all files. It no longer downloads and installs each patch individually.

28. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed

Uhm.. It took ages to put UO on the laptop and my new PC. Literally, would take 3-4 hrs to put EC on a PC too.

29. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Your individual experience may not reflect the experience for everyone else.

startle likes this.
  30. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed

Maybe I used a wrong version.. But I know it took a long time to patch.

31. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

no, it's a long time to download - it's a big file these days, round about 2GB plus it depends what download speed you have - but it doesn't compare to the 7 - 8 hours or even 24 hours it used to take to patch if you had a few years worth of patches to get through

startle likes this.
  32. Adrianas

Adrianas Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Gilfane

I reinstalled the EC on a mini 9 computer on Monday (after having completely removed it and deleted folders, etc.). It took a little under 2 hours for it to patch. I think it might be longer for CC? They have seemed to be better about putting up a program that is close to whatever the current patch is.

#32 Adrianas, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  33. A_Mhul

A_Mhul Adventurer

34. CorwinWE2

CorwinWE2 Adventurer

I can't even remember if I sold that, gave it away, or just let it decay. Surely someone else had setup shop there? I sure hope the decay rate isn't *that* long. I got money for my tower on Atlantic because it still had a placed smithy on the roof.

Not much news for me. I haven't been playing anything online. I used to hold my baby daughter on my lap while playing UO waiting for her to fall back to sleep back in the day, now we're playing Borderlands 2 split screen, together.

Take care, all.

startle and Rumpy like this.
  35. CorwinWE2

CorwinWE2 Adventurer

The early days of UO were so unique, because there was such a mishmash of gamers and personalities. It was the only game in town and attracted players from the single player Ultima games, the D&D community, the MUD community (you guys do know why Raph took the nick "Designer Dragon", right?), Diablo, and some of the early online FPS games.

Siege re-kindled that somewhat simply because the ruleset discouraged players who couldn't be bothered to invest the time to build up their character and deal with their many deaths.

I'm not sure those circumstances will ever repeat - everything has changed so much. Even when we've tried to rekindle what we had on private shards, it's still not the same thanks to the level of technology and how far exploiting and twinking the game has gone.

Spoiler: http://ultima.wikia.com/wiki/Ultima_Dragons

#35 CorwinWE2, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  36. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master

If you're lurking Corwin, Howdy! We sure as heck had some battles in the day, you and the freakin' lance of yours. Good times, couldn't agree with your assessment of what drew people to Siege and why will never be that way again. Although I did just re-sub recently and while it's not the same, still the best around...

startle and Amaranthine Embrace like this.
  37. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master

Heya Wulf! How's the little one? She's close to 3 now? 4?

38. CorwinWE2

CorwinWE2 Adventurer

lol, the blessed spell-casting lance ... :(

I hated the itemization of UO, but you either have to keep up, or give up.

I tried the former for a bit, but it still lead to the later.

I always felt the bola/dismount/stun moves benefited the gankers too much. I suppose the bola was originally meant to equalize things for people who wanted to play on foot, but players who willingly did that typically played in large groups ... and that was their advantage.

Amaranthine Embrace likes this.
  39. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend

Necroing the thread, but apparently I didn't follow up. Didn't intentionally ignore you Hera.

My son's 3 and a half now, and I have a daughter due around April. How've you been?

40. Barania

Barania Slightly Crazed

WE was maybe the one guild since I've been around that caused me to really take inventory of what I had before going out and about. Not been to Wind in a long time.

Jack Nickelson

41. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

I am OK with an old timers thread. Keep it light and pithy. We can even start a different thread. Thread necro is forgiven in this instance. *listens fer yer thoughts*

42. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend

Jutht a little necro, no reathon to get all pithy about it.

Hello?
    ...ello
    ....llo
    .....lo
    ......o

So how've you been kelmo? Been with UO/Stratics continuously all this time?

43. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

I have... *twitches*

44. bigdylan88

bigdylan88 Visitor

I have been playing borderlands and find it very difficult

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk

45. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

WOW alot of old names and memories in this thread

Kattasrophe likes this.
  46. Ibichi

Ibichi Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I am really not sure if anyone will remember me since it has been quite some time since I posted. I just happened to be looking at old saved emails and one was my sign on and password for here so I thought I would check it out.
    Pretty amazed at all the old names I saw posting here. Mem you were a pain in my behind at times but also I just wanted to mother you at times.
    Has anyone ever heard anything from Shabba or Kerr?
    I have bounced around from game to game. Back right now on WoW but my daughter is trying to talk me into Elder Scrolls.

47. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I remember you :)

48. Rizarium

Rizarium Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Arrr & Yarr Pirates!

I still wear some armor made by you!:pirate:

49. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

I too remember ya ibi, mostly due to 45+++ Chesapeakeans coming over here shortly after I had and they all became WAKAs and such. And one WAKA whom I knew from way back rode into Wintermoor declaring war on the Knights of The Silver Serpent, and being the only one around at the time, still on my hard drive is a photo of me attacking Yasou for his bring a declaration of war into the snows of Wintermoor ie Kerr. :) Kerr had all of us well many of us invading many other shards all making newbies together enmasse and invading them fun times.
    As for Memmers, yeh I used to sing that old rock song at him.....[carry on my wayward son.] lol I knew despite his um youthful wild nearly lawbreakin streaks, he had a brain dang smart one at that, figured he probably put it to good use one day when he matured some. So no surprise he'd become a lawyer, get his butt maybe someone elses' outta trouble. lol :)

kelmo likes this.
  50. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

I did the same thing with the exception if WoW. Played EQ2 the longest probably.

These days I'm primarily playing GW2 and Neverwinter. Looking forward to SotA as I am a Kickstarter backer/beta tester and really like what I've experienced so far.

Anyways, it's good to see you're still around and kicking, ibichi! :)