1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Hey Leurocian...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Guest, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

If we have pets with lumberjacking can I get one with mining skill too? I'll just send him out whenever I need ore... perhaps some kinda kangaroo or koala with a pouch to bring back the ore in...

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Oh I want one too!! I think the pouch idea is great, but I don't think they will be able to haul much.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Oh I want one too!! I think the pouch idea is great, but I don't think they will be able to haul much.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Well you gotta train 'em and get their STR up...

4. alfunso

alfunso Guest

<blockquote><hr>

If we have pets with lumberjacking can I get one with mining skill too? I'll just send him out whenever I need ore... perhaps some kinda kangaroo or koala with a pouch to bring back the ore in...

[/ QUOTE ]

flutter isnt worried about the real world?

5. <blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I just train a pair of beetles... one giant, one fire... they can smelt on the fire beetle, and the blue beetle can carry everything back for me! [​IMG]

-=\E

6. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

flutter isnt worried about the real world?

[/ QUOTE ]
    I dunno what ur meaning I'm sowwy! I'm guessing it was supposed to be some sort of dig?
    *shrugs*
    Bring on teh mining kangaroos!

7. Pffft! kangaroos ...

the unexplored sea floor ...

theres where new riches are to be found ...
    off shore mining operations ...
    Chunnels to the islands ...
    Tamed ride(well .. dragging/tagging along)able Krakens
    talking dolphins
    Human sacrifice, dogs and cats, living together... mass hysteria!

[​IMG]

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Maybe we could train mining on one of the new dragons and let them deal with the BRE's. [​IMG]

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Tell 'em about the Twinkie, Egon.

10. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

<font color="purple">always doin' that to me, Fayled... had to go look it up [​IMG]

chun┬Ěnel or Chun┬Ěnel
    n. An underground rail tunnel that runs below the English Channel and connects Great Britain and France.
    </font>

11. Guest

Guest Guest

I am just curious which animal has LJ and why they haven't shown their ability up til now?

12. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I am just curious which animal has LJ and why they haven't shown their ability up til now?

[/ QUOTE ]

An even better question would be, do they have swords. Isn't LJ useless as a melee skill unless you have swords?

I would guess any animal with a claw would qualify.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

I was hoping my beetle was a crafter in disguise. [​IMG]

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Surely, LJ would be better paired with bowyer/fletching, wouldn't it? I mean, send out yer 'roo with a cheery "Fetch!" command, and instruct it to make arrow shafts with any plain wood. Heck, send him out with a slew of feathers, sling a few quivers in 'Roo's pouch and he can craft'em up and stash'em in the quivers for the weight advantage!

I likes Flutterland, I does. [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Go on! Click'em!

15. sorry ..gonna have to put a screeching halt onto the 'roo thing ...
    again ... so so sorry ... but ...
    stealth necro aussie bushi ninja's
    with just ONE artifact grade boomerang ... pffft
    the End Of PvP ...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

hehehehe j/k

carry on

16. Guest

Guest Guest

OMG Nerf boomerangs!

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Fo sho, nerf teh boomerangz!

...And yet, the thought of a ridable sea slug is strangely appealing...

I'm thinking dead cert for an 11th Anni Ethy *nod nod*

Go on! Click'em!

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Pouched animals?

I wanna opossum! Plz! So that way I can name it roadkill, my ferret moonpie, and my squirrel RC cola.

19. Guest

Guest Guest

NPCs can have Lumberjacking, such as Brigands who use an axe, and of course, Executioners. Yomotsu Warrior's probably have Lumberjacking too considering they use Executioner's Axes. One of the other skills that is not displayed in Animal Lore is Focus, even though every Creature/Animal/NPC in UO has some amount of Focus skill. Why some pet's regen Stamina faster than others, like i've noticed Reptalons regen Stamina really fast.

20. Guest

Guest Guest

now theres an idea...underwater adventures....hehe that would be cool...coral reef mining.

21. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

NPCs can have Lumberjacking, such as Brigands who use an axe, and of course, Executioners. Yomotsu Warrior's probably have Lumberjacking too considering they use Executioner's Axes. One of the other skills that is not displayed in Animal Lore is Focus, even though every Creature/Animal/NPC in UO has some amount of Focus skill. Why some pet's regen Stamina faster than others, like i've noticed Reptalons regen Stamina really fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

I already responded to this. But yeah, that's what I meant. I wasn't referring to tameables when I answered that. Sorry folks!

22. Guest

Guest Guest

We still want beavers though [​IMG]

My LJ wants a little helper hehe.

Wenchy

23. If UO:SA ever comes out :p i would liek them to introduce griffens as pets...

24. <blockquote><hr>

sorry ..gonna have to put a screeching halt onto the 'roo thing ...
    again ... so so sorry ... but ...
    stealth necro aussie bushi ninja's
    with just ONE artifact grade boomerang ... pffft
    the End Of PvP ...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

hehehehe j/k

carry on

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh... those guys from TankGirl... [​IMG]

25. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I already responded to this. But yeah, that's what I meant. I wasn't referring to tameables when I answered that. Sorry folks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Come On man, you answer a who really gives a !!!! question like this but a thread that has 8 PAGES Stable Slots Doesn't get a Peep from you, Jeremy or anyone else in here.... I can really see it is a "Who Asks the question" forum now. Thanks alot [​IMG] I'm really sorry for this sharp reply, but I feel we are being ignored with a legitimate concern for all.

26. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Come On man, you answer a who really gives a !!!! question like this but a thread that has 8 PAGES Stable Slots Doesn't get a Peep from you, Jeremy or anyone else in here.... I can really see it is a "Who Asks the question" forum now. Thanks alot [​IMG] I'm really sorry for this sharp reply, but I feel we are being ignored with a legitimate concern for all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry SnakeMan. Didn't mean to ignore ya. The team does try to keep up with all the current player concerns and requests. I often have to read the boards on the weekends just to keep up.

In regards to extra stable slots, this is something personally that I would like to see happen in the game. I can't promise that, but I can certainly remind the team of this request and see what and how we'd like to do it if we decide to do it. No promises, of course. But I will bring it up.

27. Guest

Guest Guest

Ok Cool... now about that kangaroo...

28. Guest

Guest Guest

Awesome now this is what we were wanting...wrong thread but
    at least its an answer

29. Guest

Guest Guest

Thank you sir... thats all any of us wanted, to Know someone read our concern &amp; would look into it. Ty

*bows in gratitude*

30. Guest

Guest Guest

So that's a no on the ridable sea slug?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Go on! Click'em!

31. Guest

Guest Guest

I want my beaver!

*maybe not something she should shout in public*

Ahem.

Wenchy

32. Vallend

Vallend Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ridable Sea Slug and beavers too? I am still waiting on the sea horse they has artwork for already, or a ridable tiger/lion in honor of Cathat who I miss very much.
    Now if you could tell me Monster does have lumberjacking skills because this is one I can not figure out?

33. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Ridable Sea Slug and beavers too? I am still waiting on the sea horse they has artwork for already, or a ridable tiger/lion in honor of Cathat who I miss very much.
    Now if you could tell me Monster does have lumberjacking skills because this is one I can not figure out?

[/ QUOTE ]

NPCs can have Lumberjacking, such as Brigands who use an axe and other monsters that carry axes and have the swords skill. Leurocian answerd this earlier in the thread.

34. Guest

Guest Guest

Oh yes, a rideable cat!! Just a big strong cat, that would be so sweet [​IMG] I hope you're taking notes here Leurocian [​IMG]

That would be a good reminder of Cathat, still feels a bit strange without him around anymore [​IMG] Hopefully got his paws on a great new job at any rate [​IMG]

Wenchy

35. Sam the Scribe

Sam the Scribe Visitor

<blockquote><hr>

Ok Cool... now about that kangaroo...

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, if you feed your kangaroo arcane gems, it automatically sends anything in it's pouch to the bank!

36. Guest

Guest Guest

Alright!!!!

Battlecat and Panthor!!!

Why not rideable cats! We already got dogs! It's unfair to us cat owners! [​IMG]

37. Guest

Guest Guest

Exactly!

I'm a sucker for big cats, to see some fantasy large feline would be cool [​IMG]

Though I'd like to see a 1 slot "lesser" version too so I can take it out with my hell cat and kitten pack as the leader [​IMG] Riding on 1 cat, with the rest following heh.

Wenchy

38. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah, i remember them mentioning Sea Horses as a new rideable mount. You were supposed to be able to ride it over water, and it was supposed to be able to store fish in it, basically a Fishermen's packy.
    I wonder if the Gargoyle Race will be able to fly over water if/when Stygian Abyss is introduced, since they already mentioned that they can fly and it has some unique advantages. Would be kinda funny to see a bunch of people Field up the Bridges to the Champ Idol in Despise, just to have some Gargoyle fly over the water onto the island and spam Wither and Wildfire, lol.

39. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed

you know, take your new Grand Dragon ito the forest. His size and mass will lumber the wood for you, you only need to collect and carry the logs.
    If you need a camp fire during a cold night - his breath will help you as well.
    The heat of his fire will also harden all the wood, which is able to withstand the flames.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

40. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

<font color="blue">I wants a ridable sea slug!!! Spectacular idea. Wouldn't mind a 'roo either... </font>

41. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Exactly!

I'm a sucker for big cats, to see some fantasy large feline would be cool [​IMG]

Though I'd like to see a 1 slot "lesser" version too so I can take it out with my hell cat and kitten pack as the leader [​IMG] Riding on 1 cat, with the rest following heh.

Wenchy

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

I really like this idea! Long Live CatHat!! =)

42. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I actually thought your answer was good... I'd like to know which and what pets of mine have focus [​IMG].... all new pets after focus was created [​IMG]...

43. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Surely, LJ would be better paired with bowyer/fletching, wouldn't it? I mean, send out yer 'roo with a cheery "Fetch!" command, and instruct it to make arrow shafts with any plain wood. Heck, send him out with a slew of feathers, sling a few quivers in 'Roo's pouch and he can craft'em up and stash'em in the quivers for the weight advantage!

I likes Flutterland, I does. [​IMG]

Go on! Click'em!

[/ QUOTE ]

I like that idea

[​IMG]

44. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

now theres an idea...underwater adventures....hehe that would be cool...coral reef mining.

[/ QUOTE ]
    yea a underwater dungeon where you have to eat a certain item to breath in there as the entrance with a peerless boss triton the king of the sea thatd be awesome

45. You can see some of the other skills some critters have just by browsing over uo.com's monster guide. Off hand, I remember juka having various weapon skills. Some critters obviously have necro and whatnot.

I'm curious whether any tameables have parry.

46. Stigmatas

Stigmatas Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Exactly!

Wenchy

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

I really like this idea! Long Live CatHat!! =)

[/ QUOTE ]

Sabretooth cats. I asked for this not a week after cu sidhes showed up. Make it so.

Here kitty kitty ooOOOooOOOooo.

And make sure it's "overp3wered" so all the pvp'ers can complain about it LOL.

Nerf kitties!

That would be a hoot!

47. Fluffi

Fluffi Slightly Crazed

TTL.

Kangaroos? Sea Slugs? Beavers?

You're all idiots!

What we need are ridable sloths, although, given the sloths' method of locomotion, they should be "hangable-from", rather than ridable. Asking for a "hangable-from" pet looks grammatically ugly, so I guess I could live with the term "ridable."

They would be a PvP only pet:

Limitations
    They can only be used in above-ground areas, where there are trees, (or player housing designed with overhanging eaves.)

Abilities
    Given their natural camouflage, they remain invisible to other players as they hang in the branches.

They can ONLY be commanded by a tamer in stealth mode.

They have a special move, whereby they drop from the tree onto the passing player, and lower his movement speed to "normal walking pace/2" (Thus freeing-up space in my backpack, which is normally cluttered with bolas and dismount bows.)

Occasionally, during combat, the sloth would shed some of the moss adhering to its' fur. This moss would be inhaled by its' victim, causing an unbreakable "strangle" type effect which lasts "shedding-skill" x 10 RL days.

In the interest of pet PvP balance, sloths would be an 11-slot pet; thus requiring the coordinated efforts of at least three tamers.

I WANT ONE, AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!

48. KingSidhe

KingSidhe Guest

Make Ant Lions tameable... They burrow through ground and come back with ore. Make them spit it out or discard as waste...

49. Guest

Guest Guest

[​IMG]

I'd give up my ridable sea slug for an 11-slotter sloth. *nod nod*

50. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Make Ant Lions tameable... They burrow through ground and come back with ore. Make them spit it out or discard as waste...

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]