1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Hey New Siege Players! What about Siege do you like? What do you not like?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Tanivar, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

We Siege folks all want to see more people play Siege. What brought you to Siege? What do you like about Siege now that your here? What do you not like about Siege now that your here?

Perhaps we can find and get a happy medium between the wolves and the sheep where the wolves have enough fun without the sheep leaving because their not having enough fun.

2. Arradin

Arradin Sage

I generally came here because the better and non-ruined economy. Sadly noone need my crafting services, or this would be my home.

3. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Don't give up now, lets see what Time of Legends will bring. If it make the players busy for a while, we may see more of them and you will see more customers. Siege are very slow right now, but it can changes fast.

4. Arradin

Arradin Sage

It's not so much giving up as it is hard to motivate myself to continue working these time consuming crafting skills when i dont think i will have any use for them.. and meanwhile i am a no good crafter without the basics done.. ( Like imbuing ) .. so... Catch 22, is it?

5. Barania

Barania Slightly Crazed

I'm not new but hear ya from the motivational aspect...hell I've taken the last couple of weeks off myself. Remember the bod angle..you can score some gp that way. If you're short on any basic imbuing ingredients or any tailor or smith stuff let me know. I live next door and forget if ya have a mailbox.

If any of your crafters can hunt a bit...we could spin around for 30 minutes and your imbuer would have a sack filled with stuff to work on...in relative obscurity.

Jack Nickelson

6. Drakelord

Drakelord Stratics Sonoma Reporter
    Reporter Professional Governor

Been a really long time since my last Visit to Siege. Was looking at the char's I have access to. One was my Daughter's when she played here. She was a mage, my main is a archer and the 3rd is a crafter. When I get a chance I will look around some more. Can you give m a brief history of your guilds here? I seem to remember one that we ran with back then, but for the life of me I cannot remember the tag or names. I have fired up the old ICQ # is 100148883.

Thanks!

7. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

We're in the summer slump right now, it'll pick back up when going outside involves turning blue this winter. Many are spending a fair bit of their playtime outdoors I suspect.

I play two characters, Landreu, a crafter, and Tanivar, a gatherer/alchemist. Been into UO crafting since joining the game fall of 2000. Came to Siege on the way out the UO door from prodo a few years back and hung around for a few months, then came back to Siege last December. I'm mainly doing gathering and selling to bazaar vendors these days. Some of them pay decent amounts for goods. Some are miserly thieves. You can make a living at it, :)

For training Imbuing the thing to do is hunt monsters that give loot and just unravel everything you can in backpacks which will give you multiple skill gains up to 70 where RoT kicks in. Then it's a single gain every so many minutes. I ran both characters dual client with Landreu unraveling loot items one at a time that Tanivar brought in. I think I nearly GMed Imbuing this way. Did all Landreu's skills dual client while Tanivar gathered resources. Makes the crafting training time much less a hassle.

Solen Infiltrators are good to hunt. You get gold, gems for imbuing, loot to unravel, and zoogi fungus to make into powder of translocation which sells at the bazaar for 750 to 1000 gold each.

As artisans/gatherers we make our gold putting in the time to get and make goods others need but don't want to spend their playtime doing, they'd rather spend their playtime going where Bad Things Play and hunting. Me, I hate getting burped up by monsters... :p

8. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*smiles*

9. Chump Thumper

IF you just scroll through the past 5 months you will see several posts like this which will have all the same info u need very easily. Its like a cycle of life but cycle of siege

10. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I have the feeling granit may be in demand, when we get ToL, I heard something about stone crafting and house customising

11. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

I'd like to see it all in one thread for those who want to see Siege grow, to easily read about what those who come to Siege think are it's pro & cons. Perhaps there are things we can do as players to make Siege a more popular shard choice, or get together on and request the Dev's change something that is way to consistently convincing new players to head back to prodo.

The wolves want more prey, the prey want more customers. Both aspects require new people come to Siege, like the play experience, and spend part of their UO playtime playing on Siege. Can we make this happen so we're all having a good amount of fun playing Siege?

FrejaSP likes this.