1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Hey Siege!! What's up??? (No, I'm not coming back!)

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Patty Pickaxe, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hello Siege!!!! How is everybody? Who is still around from my days on Siege? How is the shard doing? Is it still hanging on by a thread or has it been revived? Siege and the players will always have a special place in my memories! For those who knew me- I am not playing any other MMO. Siege was the first MMO I ever played and at this point will be the only one. I've moved onto other things. "Baby Pickaxe" is now 8 and keeps me busy.

So how are all of you?

2. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Hail Patty.

We┬┤re still alive and kicking... :)

3. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Hi Patty! Wow- it's been a long time since I've seen your name! Hope all is well for you

4. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Hi Patty
    You will be bach, you can't resist :devil:

5. Patty Pickaxe

*waves at Tjalle, Touzoko, and Freja* Nope, not coming back. I have no desire to re-learn this game (I assume a lot has changed in two years?). I have not even tried another MMO since leaving Siege. My interests lie elsewhere, but my memories will live on. : )

6. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*smiles* 8 years gone by... amazing. I hope yer all well. I still have the sheep.

7. Patty Pickaxe

That is awesome Kelmo!! I hope all is well with you!! Maybe I'll pop into the Help Channel to chat before the account is closed. : )

8. Gerbiler

Gerbiler Adventurer

Wow, you still have an active account? Loser, lol. Good to see you are alive and well, how is teh hubbys doing?

9. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Yes alot have changed but to the better. The problem with factions items being overpowered vs crafted stuff is gone and the last years changes had been good for Siege.
    It's not like you have to remake your chars to start again, I believe most old templates will work fine. It's not that expensive to upgrade your suit to be useful. The new loot in some dungeons made imbuing alot cheaper.
    There are a good guide to imbuing on http://www.knuckleheads.dk/tools/imbuing and both Stratics and uoguide.com do have good info about the new stuff.

10. Patty Pickaxe

Haha!! What's up man??? Hubby is doing great. He has moved onto other games (Am I allowed to mention it here? I remember problems in the past about "games that shall not be mentioned") , but it's just not like UO! Yes, we 've had the Enigma account open all of this time! But that is going to change soon.

@Freja- that is awesome to hear. I never really got into imbuing. It seemed like there was math involved and well..... I hate math and I was burned out from bods, so I didn't take the time to learn it.

#10 Patty Pickaxe, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  11. FrejaSP

The worse part of imbuing was to get the resist right, but after we got 4 more resist on each piece made of colored resource, it's not that hard. Sure it is more complicated than just selling gm made in old days but it also mean you will have customers who need you. I never really got started with BODs, was so damn boring but I like I can make a good suit and a nice bow for Freja and affort losing it.
    I have to admit, I'm a little burned out making suits right now but I'm sure I soon will find the joy from stocking my vendors again.

12. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

*waves* :D

13. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

14. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I need some Bronze hammers... mind getting on that for me?

15. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

*waves to Patty* I still read this forum from time to time...seen your post and had a UO flashback of a beauty pageant in Iantown. LOL Yall went like lovely ladies you skylark and so many other gals..but me I just had to come as some cartoon character from a UO cartoon. While yall looked beautiful...I show up looking identically dressed up to a cartoon dork called..."IMANEWBIE" lol I won a prize anyhow...haha Hope you and hubby and gang are doing fine missy purple kilt/ sandies.

#15 QueenZen, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  16. Patty Pickaxe

@Asty- I gave up Bods once I got the val hammer! I never want to look at a Bod or a hammer again!! LOL

@QZ- How have you been? Are you still playing? I have fond memories of the Iantown Days. Pageants, Vamp Raids, one deadly wither spell during a Bachelor Auction...... good times!

17. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

I'm doing ok for an oldster. lol No I closed all 4 of my always active accts. from 1998, closed them down last Aug. 2013 or thereabouts. Yeh I remember a lot of us seeing gray in Iantown...fun stuff. :) I Kept that screenie on my photobook of a lot of us dead peeps withered, in Iantown. That was fun !