1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Hey

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Noles, May 7, 2012.

1. Noles

Noles Guest

I'm new to the community and just wanted to say hi! :) I couldn't find an introductions area but I think this section will be fine?

Anyways, I'm Ryan and glad to be here.

Emma Silvermane likes this.
  2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

This'll be just fine. Welcome to Stratics. :)

3. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Its good to see your here! Welcome. Mind if I ask what games your into?

4. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Welcome to Stratics,Noles. I hope your stay is a long one.

5. Noles

Noles Guest

Mainly Halo, but once GW2 comes out that will be pretty much the only game I play. I've also got Skyrim and ME3 but I got bored of them. I used to play Runescape 8 or 9 years ago, but don't anymore. I've been playing WoW off and on for 5 years now but have stopped completely since last year.

6. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Well the GW2 folks look to be really solid so far. There is a ton of buzz which is always good I just hope they can do better then TOR but for some reason I think they can.

7. Noles

Noles Guest

Better than TOR?

8. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yes TOR has already kind of fallen apart its down 25% already.

9. Noles

Noles Guest

What is TOR? o_O

10. Taylor

Star Wars: The Old Republic

11. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Oh its Star Wars the Old Republic. Sorry.

12. Noles

Noles Guest

Oh I always called it SWTOR so I didn't catch that haha but yeah I haven't even played it. I was going to if it didn't have a subscription fee (and that's why GW2 is so awesome).

13. Rusko

Rusko Guest

Play Ultima Online Noles! heheh

14. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

We do love our UO here but if your against subs then thats not for you. Although it is fun I think most of us play it or at least have played it. I love it myself.

15. Noles

Noles Guest

I was looking into it. I just may give it a shot... :D

Emma Silvermane likes this.
  16. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Well in that case let us know. Stratics is full of helpful people looking for new folks to come to UO. Its a complicated game but you can get up to speed with stratics and a friend.

17. Cirno

Cirno Purple Pony Princess
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I've tidied this thread up a bit.
    Well, a lot.

For UO, there are two main communities; UO Stratics and UOForums.
    Some people like one, some people like the other, but as a result there's a whole lot of unnecessary rivalry between the users of the two.

For SWTOR, I wouldn't say it's exactly "fallen apart".
    Post-launch will always have much greater participation than post-post-launch.
    However, it is running afoul of being the new kid in a developed genre, and having an enhanced focus on the levelling story.
    People will compare it to games that have years of post-launch development to cater to their core players, whereas SWTOR is more-or-less still straight out of the box.
    For many people, "endgame" is where the game starts, but BioWare have emphasised the levelling process as a game with the dialogue and decision trees, and millions and millions of $s of voice acting.

I have a suspicion I won't be able to avoid playing GW2, either, when it's released.

18. Noles

Noles Guest

What did you do?

19. Rusko

Rusko Guest

Noles
    Have you thought about what shard you might want to play on?

20. Noles

Noles Guest

In terms of the UO game? Nope not a clue.

21. Cirno

Cirno Purple Pony Princess
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Just a little pruning of an argument that went too far in an unwelcome direction :)

Mirt likes this.
  22. Noles

Noles Guest

Oh I must have missed all of that. :p

23. Rusko

Rusko Guest

Where are you located Noles? Ping and Connection is something you should consider... Picking a Server closer to you would obviously be beneficial, but not saying you can't play anywhere either... Just depends on the connection you are comfortable with heh.

24. Noles

Noles Guest

Virginia in the USA.

25. Rusko

Rusko Guest

Atlantic is prob your best bet "Connection-wise" but its pretty crowded and a bit more expensive because of its larger economy(opinion).

I play on Pacific. I am near the Pittsburgh Area and have just as a good a connection it seems...

You should also look up "Siege Perilous(sp?)" to get an idea of what a "Pre-AOS" shard consists of compared to the regular "Production" shards.

26. Taylor

Rusko's right. Atlantic is the closest to you and is the busiest shard, but the drawback is that it's crowded.

27. Noles

Noles Guest

I'm downloading the files now. I think it may take all night for this download to finish...

28. Rusko

Rusko Guest

If you think the install files take forever... Just wait... First patch is the worst haha...

29. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Chesy should be close to you as well. Not sure about Cats or GL but I suspect GL is far.

30. Emma Silvermane

Emma Silvermane Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Welcome Noles/Ryan .. Sorry I am a bit Stratics Stupid .. I didnt realize there were forums outside our own for chessy that we could post in and be of any assistance .. Chessy would be good if ur in VA .. :) Ever Tried Diablo 3?