1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Kael, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

2. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

this is true, I wasn't going to stir the pot on this, but since you brought it up. . .

Mesanna came to them and had a shard meeting about the runes.

Honestly, many people sent page and page of petition and letter and Mesanna has never responded to us.

3. Bruin

Bruin Guest

wow.....

just wow....

Especially since many auction houses are run for the person profit of the auction house owner (not sure if this one is or not).

4. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Will I do? I am not following you on the NEW hater thing...

5. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Was it Mesanna who took away the books???

6. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Want me to dig up the thread? ;)

From that link, it appears that more than one group got a rune.

7. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

That might be useful if you did Sweeney

It will enlightnen some of the newer folks on Siege as to why you aren't the most popular guy in town :dunce:

8. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I read that too, over there and first thing that came to my mind, was Siege and incidents happening here ....and well.......... different treatment for Siege...

go figure !

:wall:

9. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

You need to read it I guess.. my whole point was that if every group got a book/rune/whatever it was fine. I don't think I ever said anything otherwise.

But that was a long time ago, funny thing about America.. how people will only listen to other's talking points instead of reading the facts.

10. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Actually the funny thing is that last time I was on Chessy there were auctions at different houses almost every night....guess that would be why they only locked down two of them eh Sweeney

The NEW books helped outfit and train players for thrity days as they adapt to Siege rules. The auction houses make a 10-15 percent profit off each item they sell. While both provide a community service only one group makes a profit :)

11. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Actually Mesanna said we could have the books, that she supported the idea and that she had nothing to do with them being removed and we could have them back. . .

Unfortunately, no one seems interested in physically placing them for us, neither Mesanna nor the current EM, who happens to the one who took them away from us to begin with.

Sweeney, anyone on Siege with the exception of you, understands that every guild doesn't need a book here. NEW benefits everyone by helping them get started on the shard and helping the shard retain membership. More people in NEW = more people staying on the shard for a longer time = more people in more guilds = more people to pvp with = more people running screaming from pvp'ers = more fun for everyone.

12. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Read the other posts in that link buddy.. people want runes to lots of places. In fact they had/are having a meeting about it. Not to mention they thought having them just thrown on the floor and locked down looked ugly. Funny eh? I'm having deja-vu.

13. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

I am not going to get into this same old crap. NEW is not for everyone, hence it doesn't benefit everyone. Your argument is not valid.

14. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Your head is so far up your ass it's not even funny.:coco:

15. It isn't permissible to discuss moderator actions on this forum. That part of the ROC is clear. In theory, if a moderator were to lock a discussion about the NEW books based on personal bias rather than the ROC, that would make that moderator a NEW hater.

This is just my opinion based on a hypothetical situation of course. It has nothing to do with a pattern of action based on personal preference rather than the clearly stated rules.

16. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yah you are having deja-vu buddy...The difference though in those posts ARE that people aren't crying because a rune is locked down that doesn't benefit them....they are making suggestions to help make the shard better.

17. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I think that argument is void. Everyone can participate in NEW. You can

Fight them
    Bring them on hunts
    Donate to them
    Teach them skills

It isn't like everyone can't interact in them, how is it different than an auction? that is like saying "Auctions aren't fair because everyone can't afford the items."

18. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

QFT - NEW ultimately benefits every guild on the shard. It helps build our community. If you can't see that. . .well . . .

19. Zonk the LJ

Zonk the LJ Guest

Does NEW hurt anyone is the question.

20. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

No. I can't see how NEW has ever negatively affected a person.

21. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

The last thing I'll say, which I do believe I have already said in this thread.

I was never against the books, I was against only allowing one group to have them.

And I was against just throwing them on the floor and locking them down. Tables exist for a reason.

Speedy, not everyone wants to participate in NEW. If there were other options locked down, that would be fine.

You can all necro the threads (there were at least two) if you want to rehash the same old garbage. I'm done, and you and I are repeating the same crap we could just quote from those threads.

22. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Well good, now that you are done, we can get back to discussing it without you.

23. Zonk the LJ

Zonk the LJ Guest

So, NEW does not hurt anyone and does not profit anyone.
    Therefore, I see no reason for not supporting NEW with locked down books.

24. What other options are you talking about? The last time this was discussed, some idiot from TnT/TnA posted a picture from the STAR guild (Siege Training and Recruiting) as if to imply that was a viable alternative to NEW. When I checked a few weeks ago, there was no STAR guild. It was just a lame excuse by TnT/TnA to get the NEW books unlocked since they were unwilling to do anything to recruit new players.

Go cry elsewhere please.

25. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Nah, his head isn't too far up there. Sweeny does make a valid point and I do think Sweeny is a supporter of new players. While I doubt that are many, if any, guilds that want a rune locked down to their respective guildhouses, what if someone else wants to start a NEW type guild or a similar guild for new thieves and pvper's? Would they all have the option of having a rune locked down? I think a little assurance of that possibility from... whomever has that power, would be in order. IMO, that may well put an end to this issue.

Sweeny - You'll have to answer to that last bit, yourself, since I cannot speak for you.

26. Duke SP

Duke SP Guest

Man, TNT sounds like a real impressive guild.

27. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

It's my opinion that if someone was running a viable option to NEW that they should be included in that. If STAR was running, then I think they should be included.

Right now, no one is doing anything else in the same format with alternative rules. And when I say same format, I mean, a temporary membership designed to help a newcomer get established.

28. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

FYI We never got that guild off the ground, in part, because of the locked down NEW runes, so we gave up on it. There have been other similar guilds as well. DARK, for instance, was for new players who were wanting to be more "evil" type players. There is no reason there cannot be a viable alternative to NEW, if someone wants to put in the time and effort involved.

Furthermore, we [TnT/TnA], made no effort whatsoever, to have the NEW books removed.

29. Zonk the LJ

Zonk the LJ Guest

Hell, that idiot Prescott gets his own book!

30. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I can't see why not Kat as long as they were genuine in their efforts and had both the resources and time required to offer what NEW does.
    Frankly I would think it would just be easier to continue to support them and perhaps have a volunteer from your guild take out interested parties on spawns, peerless or just invite them into your vent to let people get to know you.

31. Bull****.

I should have taken screenshots of all the TnT/TnA I killed who had NEW books in their backpacks. That way, I'd be able to post screenshots proving you were a liar. As it is, I'm just saying something everyone already knows.

32. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

So, if we had a table with books describing guilds like NEW that offered a temporary membership at the bank would everyone be okay with that?

And Kat is completely right, there is no reason why alternatives to NEW could not be successful, but someone would need to commit alot of time to making it work. Shalimar spends an enormous amount of time working with these people helping them pick their templates and helping them to understand how Siege differs from other shards. A person creating an alternative would have to spend just as much time doing those types of things in order for it to be successful.

33. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Stop stirring the pot on this. I really do not believe TNT had anything to do with the book removal.

I know who had plenty to do with it and it wasn't TNT

34. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

We do support NEW and plan to continue to contribute donations, etc. The STAR guild has been disbanded and we have no plans to revive that effort. I just think my suggestion might resolve the issue. :)

35. *points up*

36. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Better check on where to place this table AND what color this table should be. No need to give a certain someone the chance to get on his pedestal and preach about the injustice of it all.

37. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Settle down folks. *collects thoughts and reflects*

38. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

You are absolutely right and yes, I would be fine with that type of setup for the books. Hopefully our EM will respond to the suggestion. :)

39. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Breathe, Kael, breathe!
    *Shares her Dr Pepper with Kael* :D

40. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

OK,

So let's say

West Brit
    Luna
    Skara
    Makoto
    Trinsic
    Vesper

Would that be enough banks that are popular enough? Or should we just do all of them?

41. Mr.StinkyPants

Mr.StinkyPants Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

nope i dont like this idea

42. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

muhahahahahaah

Actually i'm enjoying a nice green tea at the moment :danceb:

43. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Before from what I remember it was at:

Luna bank
    Luna gate
    Umbra gate
    Brit bank
    Brit Gate
    Brit Inn
    Yew gate maybe?

Can't remember others....

44. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Me too!

45. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Well if we're going to do tables, I'm not real sure we can put them at the gates. The books get alot of exposure there, but let's face it they all have to get to a bank at some point.

46. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry, but Chessy and SP are entirely different shards...

What do you want Kael...? Please do not think that equal treatment is possible;
    it will never happen...I expect the EM's will treat each shard unequally, to
    meet unequal needs.

We are not playing the same game as Chessy shard!

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

47. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Care to elaborate on why?

I'm fine with the idea of having the books on a table at the banks and/or moongates. I came to Siege shortly after all the books were unlocked, therefore I won't say anything on that matter.

48. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I'm not sure exactly what you mean ....you tend to confuse me at times lol

I do think each shard should have a uniqueness based on player personalities and more important player base needs but there are guidelines that as EM's they should follow to ensure gameplay is enjoyable to all. Fair is fair after all.

49. Mr.StinkyPants

Mr.StinkyPants Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

NO! i must not i have recieved to many infraction points tonite