1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Hi everyone that remembers me! *Pics & Links*

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Cyrus Elmarel, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Cyrus Elmarel

Cyrus Elmarel Adventurer

Hello! I realized my old stratics account of over 3k posts was gone so I made a new one and came back to UO!

I was playing UO since 1999 and left around 2010 to play Lord of the Rings Online. Recently, I reopened my old main account. (Had 3 at one time) Glad to see it was still there. I remember placing some of my best stuff in the bank,before I left.

My tower near Trinsic had long fell, but I placed a new one in the same spot, and have been working on my crafter which I never finished lol.

Airmid I could never forget you, and Kariny Stormstrong , Sabina, Brandwilde, Tearea,Vepl,Repacheep, Larissa, Galen, Luna de Selene, plus many more that I couldn't remember right off hand.

Anyway when I logged back in the first time, I was surprised to see no one at Brit Bank. I went to Fel yew gate and no one was there to kill me. It was kinda disappointing to see LS like this because this was my only Shard, besides Siege.(and not too often)

I figured I would check Luna because I remember a lot of people being there. A few people were there. This one kind Lady gave me some gold and asked if I wanted to go hunting. Sorry I forgot your name( I used keep a notebook with all my friends names and kind people that I met in game)

Anyway I wanted to post a few pictures and links of the old days and fun we had. I even found my old sig picture! Most of my pictures got deleted over the years but I still have some on Photobucket.( Glad I kept that account opened)

Anyway, just a post to say that I am back to LS. Here are some links and pictures:

Kariny's Birthday Post

https://stratics.com/community/threads/happy-birthday-kariny-stormstrong.117478

Airmid reporting for duty

https://stratics.com/community/threads/airmid-reporting-for-duty.23/

An old community meetup

https://stratics.com/community/threads/news-community-meet-up-august-11.95430/

A few pictures :)

One Community Meetup
    [​IMG]

Another One
    [​IMG]

How I remember Brit bank on LS
    [​IMG]

The time the Blackrock Traders were in game
    [​IMG]

A house in Luna fell
    [​IMG]

The time we fought the Void Shadow
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The time we fought that Blackrock Portal/Monster
    [​IMG]

How I always ended up
    [​IMG]

The time the ophidians invaded Vesper
    [​IMG]

My loot from that fight, and I got lucky and my powder of fortification worked!
    [​IMG]

When you could still join the old factions
    [​IMG]

The day I got 120 resist fighting the Balrons in the Maze
    [​IMG]

We were doing a champ spawn
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A line for the GM HeartWood fights on TC
    [​IMG]

Apicture of my 2 mains
    [​IMG]

The time my old tower fell because I thought I was on Test, LOL
    [​IMG]

My original Tower
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:(
    [​IMG]

Another house fell IDOC
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hanse's Super Ring
    [​IMG]

The event in Serpents Hold, complete with a purple llama
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A Community meetup Bedlam fight
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A dead tourney fight on test
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

How I ended up *wink*
    [​IMG]

I have a few more to post, I will do that in the future. I hope you all enjoyed a glimpse of the past on LS.

Cyrus Elmarel

#1 Cyrus Elmarel, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
    Viquire, Zynia, Spiritless and 14 others like this.
  2. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Welcome back! Love the pics!

Lord Frodo and Cyrus Elmarel like this.
  3. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

Welcome back! The pictures are great! :)

Lord Frodo and Cyrus Elmarel like this.
  4. Cyrah

Cyrah Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Welcome back! I remember you on LS and when the tower fell. Not sure who I was then. :)

startle and Cyrus Elmarel like this.
  5. MANSBETH

MANSBETH Seasoned Veteran

Wow...some great old pics!
    Glad your back!

Lord Frodo, Cyrus Elmarel and startle like this.
  6. drcossack

drcossack Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I remember you too. Taeara still plays, and she still does the community hunts. Reepacheap came back a couple months ago during Return to Britannia, don't think he stayed though.

Do you remember when that WBB pic was taken? I remember some old guilds & names - Pageboy, Cyrese Tor, Kito, UOF, BMF, VeT, and WoR. As I remember, this was during the days of the Tsar/WoR alliance, though I'm likely wrong...oh, wait. No, I don't think I am - if my guess is correct, the robe/cloak I'm wearing were made by "ReV Owns U", and I still have them as a memento. Don't remember when the guild was made though.

I also remember Athena in the one Community Meetup pic. Don't think she plays anymore though, and I would guess she hasn't for quite some time.

And oh man, the days when having a Nightmare was a symbol of your taming skill. I've gone through a few since that one (one sold for 1.5m when it was only 4x GM, on Legends, another when I logged out after RTB ended that year, dying in the Blood Dungeon, and possibly one more), but they've all had one thing in common: the name Artihunter, taken from a UOF member who used to post on here & (one of two) that got me more into pvp. As I remember, it was his (or his brother's? I forget what he told me) tamer.

I still use Artihunter, Champkiller (my WW, and very first 7x GM pet. Was my go-to pet for champ spawns), Doomdragon (don't remember why I named him that though) on occasion, if I'm in the mood to.

Cyrus Elmarel likes this.
  7. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Your pics brought back some nice memories, so thanks for that and welcome back.;)

8. syndael

syndael Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Ahhh yes i remember those times. Welcome back!

9. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Welcome back to UO! Thanks for sharing all the pictures and stories. We need more threads like this.

10. Angel of Sonoma

Angel of Sonoma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Glad to see another returning player! The pics were awesome and brought back a lot of memories. I'm looking forward to seeing more!

11. Cyrus Elmarel

Cyrus Elmarel Adventurer

Thanks everyone for the encouraging comments. I am glad you like the pictures and stories. Some fun times that's for sure. Too many to reply to, so I will put everything in one post. I am happy to be back, so I am glad to share my times with all of you . I had so, so many screenshots I had saved over the years. I feel bad that most of them are gone, (on old hdd's that failed, disk transfers and some of my own stupidity). :sad2: Now I have to make more fun times and get some new screenshots.

Angel of Sonama, I remember you posting here. (well, the old site)

Cyrah, if you are the same one I remember, we used to team up in the desert when the first Treasures of Tokuno event came out. Do they still have those?

drcossack
    I remember Artihunter, You used to go to the meetups too. I remember another player that used to go called "a dog" ( not the story) or something familiar

Yeah I remember some of those guilds, I remember Disco Stu, Capt n' Zero, and Bat from UOF. There was another guild with a few members that used to target me all the time for some reason. I think they were called UDC. One of main ones addicted to me was Syrus the Virus, lol. That bank screenshot has to be around that time or before because most of them were red.

I was in a few guilds, the one I was in the longest was C:S, Children of the Shadow started by Waffen, his cousin Sepp Dietrich, Me and Patty O' Door( she used to be a companion). If you go to old Haven on LS there is a plaque recognizing her contribution.

[​IMG]

She was still keeping up the old guild house so she wouldn't lose the guildstone last time I spoke to her. We had split off from another guild (a real long time ago but I remember it sounded elvish) and made C:S . We did good for about 4 or 5 years, then it got slow and most people left, except a few. Waffen later left the guild, and joined UOF. (One of their guild policies at the time were that you weren't supposed to speak to nonmembers of UOF.)
    Waffen always spoke to me, and would craft and repair stuff for me and loan me gold and weapons, he was one of my first mentors in UO.

He got into an accident in 2005 and passed. This was his obit.
    Waffen/Erwin Rommell
    http://obits.cleveland.com/obituaries/cleveland/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=15036840

After everyone pretty much left C:S I joined a guild called NIX (Phoenix Inquistion) We were more of a Champ Spawn, Idoc type of guild, instead of a solo house fighting by the yew gate guild. It lasted a good while until most of them went to Guild Wars and the guild split up. I remember one time a couple of guild members using Incognito themselves, and kept killing a new recruit for a joke. He was running back and forth shouting for us to help him because reds were everywhere. Haha

But sadly this ishow we ended up most of the time, lol
    The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry

[​IMG]

After soloing for a while I decided to make my own guild called EDGE (Eventually Death Gets Everyone) I don't think many remember that one, but when I logged back in, I and my other characters were still in it and I could change the settings so it looks like its still valid.

I was also playing Siege and Freja helped me a lot and I joined the community that was in the heart shaped clearing above the Liches, if I remember.

Larissa I have a couple of pictures for you, I know you have to remember about Barton.:p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know he is not the real one but I took that screenshot because I thought it would be funny.

I also used to go to the various auctions held around the shard.

Remember when this vendor in Luna had almost anything you wanted:

[​IMG]

Another meetup pic I forgot about

[​IMG]

Another Idoc, was a good one. Maybe some of you might remember some of these people. I remember In Flames.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of the few things I got away with from that one
    [​IMG]

A screenshot with Cyrese Tor and a few others

[​IMG]

Like I said before, thanks all for welcoming me back. I will try to find a few more pictures if anyone wants to see them.
    Cyrus

#11 Cyrus Elmarel, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  12. Cyrus Elmarel

Cyrus Elmarel Adventurer

Ooh, I found my guild with my remaining characters (I always hated the word Toon) on MyUO.

http://search.uo.com/#/guild_info/d/UU02Dzxu3C4

The other 2 members
    Bethany Elmarel and Cpt Morgan Black ,were my sisters characters on a different account. She used to show up at the meetups once in a while, but she mostly stayed in T2A on Bethany. She used Capt Black like he was a pirate and fisherman.
    I bet she would have loved ship combat if it was available at that time. When she wasn't in T2A with Bethany, you could find her in Destard ,looting peoples bodies and bones, with gm stealth and hiding.
    I remember she worked hard for that back then.

I did get her a small marble not too far NE from the Brit moongate. I don't remember when she left. I know it was before AOS. I will show her theses posts and see what she says. If she is not too busy she may just appear in game again, then Uo will have 2 returning members!

Anyway my brain hurts now, I will lay off of posting for a bit. :)

#12 Cyrus Elmarel, Jan 28, 2015
    Viquire and Zynia like this.
  13. The Craftsman

The Craftsman Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Some great nostalgia in those old pics. My favourites were a busy brit bank, and people with White Wyrms. If only we could relive those halcyon days.

14. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

I had completely forgotten about this! I too lost a lot of pictures due to computer crashes and such so seeing all of these is really awesome!

Good ole Barton lol.

This one is goin in my UO Archives for sure :)

15. Ron Bron

Ron Bron Former President
    VIP Contributor Alumni

Tried to see if we had your account buried in the database somewhere, but no dice. Welcome back. BTW what was your original stratics account name, maybe I can look for that. We've got content going back to 1997.

16. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

No matter what the shard that Void Shadow was one of my fondest memories. Talk about an EPIC battle. Was such fun when we finally defeated it... Felt like we REALLY accomplished something good.

Cyrus Elmarel and Larisa like this.
  17. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager

That and that swirly tornado lookin thing down in Terra Keep...that battle and the events that occurred while killing it is the reason I became a reporter here...I had lost all the pictures from that event and the Void Shadow event so yeah..I stole some of these pics :)

I'm gonna have to bug my boss and see if he can find my original post on that...I have a hard copy somewhere but I'd love to see if it's still floating around here somewhere.

You have brought up some fond memories Cyrus, thank you! :)

18. Herman

Herman Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Love it thx for sharing

19. Kariny

Kariny UO Lake Superior News Reporter
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Holy moly did things get busy after that birthday too! ;)
    *huggles Cyrus*
    I still have my house and log in every so often. Now I have twin boys I chase 24/7. So things did get super busy right after that birthday!

drcossack and Cyrus Elmarel like this.
  20. Cyrus Elmarel

Cyrus Elmarel Adventurer

My original Stratics account name was Cyrus Elmarel, I made the account on Stratics after the old original UO forums went away. It was a while after because I remember I became a lurker on here, lol. But it had to have been made between 2000 to 2003.

Thanks for the help anyway even if you can't find it.

#20 Cyrus Elmarel, Feb 3, 2015
  21. Cyrus Elmarel

Cyrus Elmarel Adventurer

Yes it sure was, I know I did.

22. Cyrus Elmarel

Cyrus Elmarel Adventurer

Well I did a little research and I did find the old guild, I don't know how many are still around, but it was still cool seeing the old names that I had forgotten. :)

Notice the old Guildstone at the top.

A link:
    http://search.uo.com/#/guild_info/Zay1_HjdDZI

I had started to make a really cool website for the guild and had a good template, but it seems that when I left someone made a new one and never finished. Kind of sad really.

Thanks again all.

#22 Cyrus Elmarel, Feb 3, 2015
  23. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the pics...they bring back great memories ! I have been playing with some members of the old OMEN guild on a couple of different shards.

24. Murdok

Murdok Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I only know of a hand full of OMEN that still play....

25. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

These members played on a shard that can't be named lol

26. Armani Exchange

Armani Exchange Seasoned Veteran

It makes me sad that Britain bank will never be like that ever again.

old gypsy and Captn Norrington like this.
  27. Cyrus Elmarel

Cyrus Elmarel Adventurer

Sorry it took so long but I remember the guy now. It was (Stupid Miner). He was in dog form most of the time. Anyone remember him?

28. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

I remember. I remember you too!~
    Thanks for the memories I recall almost all of your screenshots (except the one that looked like a duel pit... where was that?)
    Awesome.

29. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I dont remember that ONE ring!!!!! I want it!!!

:)

30. TheflY of LS

TheflY of LS Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thanks for the fond memories, @Cyrus Elmarel . Your pictures were excellent! I have recently returned to LS as well, and it makes me sad to see it the way it is now. :sad2:

31. drcossack

drcossack Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

edit: Nevermind. I couldn't figure out what screenshot it was at first.

32. Cyrus Elmarel

Cyrus Elmarel Adventurer

The one with the duel pit started with a gate from the Castle on test, and took us to some place in Malas. It was started by two Em's or maybe a different name back then, but I'm like 85% sure they worked for UO.

It was all set up when the gate was opened, we had to go through a large building then a hallway that led into the fighting area, complete with seating area and everything.

33. Cyrus Elmarel

Cyrus Elmarel Adventurer

If I recall right. That ring was one of the "Dev's" or Staff Hanse he led a lot of things on test just for fun. It was a ring he made I think, he made it for fun. I grabbed that screenshot.

34. PinkPandora

PinkPandora Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

holy cow!!! all your pictures are amazing - thank you for sharing. next time you are on LS - holler - love to yammer with ya and welcome back to LS and Ultima!

35. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I remember SureShot from Siege

36. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

Always good to see people coming back! Great screenshots too!

37. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Welcome back. I, for one, rarely have left for long though I play on Great Lakes now, and the Galen character has long-since retired.

-Galen's player

38. Cyrus Elmarel

Cyrus Elmarel Adventurer

Good to hear from everyone. :) Thanks.

Found Something Ron:

[​IMG]

Can this help you?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very old post from me. I don't know why the pics came out so small, just click on them and click view image from the photobucket page. :(

#38 Cyrus Elmarel, May 3, 2015
    Last edited: May 4, 2015
  39. Cyrus Elmarel

Cyrus Elmarel Adventurer

Sorry took so long to *huggles back

40. Cyrus Elmarel

Cyrus Elmarel Adventurer

HI again all *wink*. I found some more pictures of that dead tourney that was held on TC:

Cowardly gate of safety,lol
    [​IMG]

Fighters cage
    [​IMG]

EM Draconi
    [​IMG]

Our side of the fight
    [​IMG]

Ando and Masara
    [​IMG]

Before the fight
    [​IMG]
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Found a couple more pictures of that Bedlam fight:

[​IMG]

Myself manning the rezz station
    [​IMG]
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    We were getting ready for a Shame adventure:
    [​IMG]

41. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran