1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Hidden target

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Liz Borden, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Liz Borden

Liz Borden Guest

Can someone explain to me how another player can target me while I am hidden/stealth and repeatedly cast Meteor Swarm on me no matter where I run to? (I ran 3 screens away hidden and the perp was still able to meteor swarm target me over and over)

I know the spell is targetted, unlike Earthquake, so how in the world can another player directly cast it on me when I am hidden/stealth AND running away w/o fail?

The person in question was mage/necro, so I am pretty sure they didnt have track/detect hidden on the template.

If this is a viable tactic, then how can I avoid it? It doesnt seem fair that someone can spell target a hidden/stealthed character w/o them showing. I may be wrong, if so, can someone explain to me how this works so I can avoid it in the future please?

2. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Human joat tracking could have found you...meteor swarm is a AOE spell similar to EQ but...you do have to target, however, the ground works fine...then he can "see" you as a fireball will hit your location.

Sounds to me like he picked you up on Joat tracking.

My advise next time you need to break tracking...change forms...go from wolf to llama or llama to ossie, if he does only have joat it will take him a while to tag you again.

3. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

or run while stealthed, even at 75 u can run a few tiles during stealth, that makes it a lot harder. But area effect spells and JOATs tracking or tracking period is what go you there

4. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

First of all, if it was JoaT tracking, there's only a 13.8 % chance of successfully tracking someone with GM hide and 80 stealth (guessing thats what most are using). Unless the stealther was shown, then the tracking skill is much easier. I have a GM tracker GM detector, and i know thats its very difficult to track someone given only a 58.3 success rate at those skills. Not to mention the time delay between failed attempts (8-10 secs i believe). I don't know the circumstances if what happened to you, but i wouldn't put all my faith in the "JoaT" theory. Take it from me, i've used my tracker plenty of times, and found it difficult to even track guildies that are on map with me (so i know they are there and i still fail). Also, "breaking" tracking will NOT work by changing forms if the tracker has GM track and GM detect. I know through my own experiments that this doesn't work.

5. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I also wanted to mention that if you have a chance, pull up thee attackers paperdoll and try to determine if they are infact human, or elf. Being elf means, of course, no JoaT skill.

6. RichDC

RichDC Guest

I Understand it may not work on GM trackers but im assuming the person isnt, in which case a quick change if form does tend to do the trick...especially if you stay in human form after the 2nd change to throw them off(hoping they stay tracking animals of course)

7. SavageSP

SavageSP Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Changing forms does not break the target(even 20 human), if your getting tracked and hammered by area spells, your best chance is to find a Server Line or Gate.

If your outnumbered or over matched and you cant fight the Tracker, you might as well take off as fast as you can to a server, gate, house or hope the track wears off before you die and you can get another hide off after.

If the Tracker is a Ninja Death Strike Templet and you think you can survive his attack, you can head back to him and hope he Death Strikes you too soon(DS will break the Track) and get out of his range before he gets another Track on you.