1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

General Hiding/Invisibilty

Discussion in 'Fixed List' started by Mervyn, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

If you hide next to a dungeon entrance or teleporter and you move one step into a dungeon or teleporter, you stay hidden. You should reveal yourself as you have moved one step. (This can be exploited to evade people by rapidly moving in and out of dungeon entrances without revealing)

#1 Mervyn, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  2. Misk

Misk UO QA Lead
    VIP

I have confirmed this issue and submitted a problem report into the system on the issue.

3. Leira of Asrai

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I believe the issue might be that the auto-reveal occurs at the completion of the step. When you begin to step through the entrance/portal, you never complete the step on the other side. I wonder if they could just make the reveal occur at the start of the step, not the conclusion. Unless beginning the step does not trigger an 'event', which would mean the issue would not be able to be resolved.

This is a good way to enter the Labyrinth and staying hidden.

This has been used to enter dungeons for years, not a real big exploit, so I would consider this a low priority.

4. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It is extremely high priority to fel players as you can use this exploit on any level on any dungeon.

I haven't posted how all the trammel related bugs like decos not locking down are low priority, so conversely I don't see why a trammel player feels the need to express how a high priority fel bug (which is very annoying to a lot of people) is low priority to you.

I'd say this is more annoying to people than mythic tokens being duped.

#4 Mervyn, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013