1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

High end mod spell books?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lord Kotan, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

How exactly do you get this? Is it only the event generals (that I have not even seen one yet?) Do they fall in your bag or where?

And another issue... Are spell book crafters going to get a boost?

2. Sarphus

Sarphus Guest

Invasion npcs of all ranks can drop the spellbooks. If the npc is a mage or healer there's a chance it will drop a spellbook. The quality of the book is scaled based on the rank of the npc that dropped it. For that reason, the best books drop on generals.

The book with DCI on it drops off mages.

The book with MR on it drops off healers.

The mods on each book are determined randomly.

The max possible mods on the mage book are
    DCI 10
    SDI 30
    FCR 2
    LMC 5

The max mods on the healer book are
    MR 3
    SDI 30
    LRC 10

3. Lord Kotan

Stratics Veteran

I have only seen the invasin once, and I never saw mages or healers :(. Usually only I only ever see falsehood or hatered NPCs.

4. Sarphus

Sarphus Guest

Even if you manage to see an invasion there are only so many mages and healers.

I suspect we'll see more mage and healers in the event content as the event moves on. I read somewhere on stratics that the devs were primarily focused on fixing problems in the halloween content right now because that content ends sooner.

I suspect the invasions will get more love after the halloween content ends.

I play on a low population shard, so I have been able to see plenty of invasion content. The downside is that once the invasion is complete and the crimson dragon spawns, we often have to kill it with 4 people (less sometimes)

5. Lord Kotan

Stratics Veteran

So the books are on the corpse, like the lich?

6. blerick

blerick Guest

No, the spellbooks fall in the pack of the 3 top damage attackers.
    My observation anyway.

7. Haddy G

Haddy G Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Kill Generals, you will have a random chance of getting a spellbook. It doesn't matter which ones you kill.

The last one I killed was a Macer and I got a book from him. I could see no indication that he had either magery or healing skill as he never cast spells or healed himself.

8. Salty Pete

Salty Pete Guest

This ^

I got my spell book from a general with a short spear.

9. Sarphus

Sarphus Guest

That's very interesting. I've been killing all types of Generals and have not received a spellbook from any general that wasn't holding a staff.

I have not received an item from any general holding any of the following weapons either:
    Short Spear
    Halberd
    Bardiche

Every weapon I have received (hundreds) has been the type of weapon the general was holding.

I have seen spellbooks occassionally drop the the ground at the feet of an invasion char too, but those have always been low quality books.

10. blerick

blerick Guest

My experience is the same. The only General I have ever gotten spellbooks from was a Macer carrying a staff,, not the war hammer. And I have never gotten a drop from those 3 that you mentioned either.