1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

High lvl chest help

Discussion in 'UHall' started by woj1s, Nov 8, 2008.

1. woj1s

woj1s Guest

I just received a few chests off cyclops, titans and elements. THey are without keys though. I want to use them for lockpicking. Can a tinkerer make keys for chasts without keys? or am i SOL?

2. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

Tinkerer will be able to make lockpicks to allow you unlock the chests if you have high enough lockpicking.

3. woj1s

woj1s Guest

I know about lockpicks. What im asking is.... these chests come without keys and are open. I need to be able to lock them once i unlock them with lockpicks. Can a tinkerer make a key to lock it

4. Satanatra

Satanatra Guest

The short answer: No.

Wouldnt be of use anyway - get a tinker to make u 100 chests or find a public lockpicking house...

5. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

And the long answer: Noooooo.

You don't need a hundred chests, there's no anti-macro code any more. Catch is you can't go all the way to GM using tinkered chests anyway.

You're probably better off just stealthing your way around some dungeons, or wait for the next round of dark wisps to turn up. Those things drop tons of para-style chests.

6. Jermosh

Jermosh Guest

The only way to lock them is with magic, and I think its a lvl1-2 lock, so not that great to train with, unless you want to train low level magery and LP.

7. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

I went to GM with Tinkered Chests....I just loaded a Blue Beetle up with Lockpicks and got a satyr to disco my toon in the twisted weild.....

8. Isolde

Isolde Guest

I am at 97.6 lockpicking and I have not made any gains off of unlocking paragon chests. Earlier on I received loads of gains from trying to unlock them. Anyone know why I can't get any gains off them now? I am basically relying on getting gains from GGS now. I don't get any gains off Lvl 3 or 4 dungeon chests either.

9. phantus

phantus Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

They fixed that.

10. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

you can gain off of dungeon chests if you picking the right chests but by far it is much easier to just get your ggs and go do something else and lp loot from chests sucks

11. Go to Shinies Dungeon (at least that's what I call it) there are massive stacks of chests everywhere that you can train on.

:)

BTW it is an old training dungeon that most people don't even know about. There is no spawn there, and it is set up with all kinds of training areas for just about every thing you could imagine

Because it's not well known, I won't post it's location on the boards. If you want to know you can either pm me or ask around on your shard. Chances are only an old vet will know what you are talking about.

:mf_prop:

12. Lady Kiara

Lady Kiara Guest

I don't really think they did...because i was struggleing to get to gm lock picking was at 98.4 took my picks and one chest made from a master and went and visited the satyr...It discoed me went out then back in stood next to it and gmed in about 2 hrs...So my guess is it's not really fixedrolleyes:

13. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Care to point to a reference of this getting "fixed"?

I don't remember seeing any such thing.