1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

High plains boura

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Speedy Orkit, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

May 16, 2008
    I've killed a few hundred of these on ATL and still no shield :( anyone have some words of encouragement?
  2. Sonoma

Sonoma Guest

I was up a little over 1,000 when i got one. On the bright side you wount have to hunt for Boura Pelts any time soon. I was able to make a lot of needed pieces of armor and jewlery by the time I got a shield. And now that i have one it is sitting in a crate, doing nothing but taking up storage.
  3. Harb

Harb Guest

Not to encourgae or discourage, I actually received two shields in the first few hundred bouras I did, within the week following the SA release. My focus at the time was pelts, I had no idea what the shields were worth, and first impressions were that they weren't going to be so uncommon, so I actually sold one for way cheaper than I should have. Since then I'm unsure how many bouras I've killed actually looking for more shields, but it's well over a thousand without another shield. I'm not sure if it's a RNG issue, if the drop rate was adjusted, if drop rates are working as intended, or if it's just another of those things that's broken along the way. Hope that helps, and good luck in your search!
  4. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jul 29, 2003
    I'm sure I've killed more than 1000 High Plains Boura and I've never received a shield. RNG sucketh.
  5. smip

smip Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Dec 1, 2001
    I was just killing those today.. I didn't know they dropped anything special. However I did notice that every one of them had pelts on them.
  6. Jesara

Jesara Guest

I think it must just be RNG. A friend and I hunt the bouras together and I've not gotten a shield in weeks and weeks, but she has gotten one on each of the last 3 times we went out. So they are out there!