1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

High Seas Content?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Doubleplay, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I remember when my boy was in high school many years ago. On career day, he gave his presentation on what he wanted to be: A Harpooner. I thought it was a riot, but he almost got kicked out of school.

In that same vein, Whaling would fit nicely into the High Seas scenario. Loading up the cannons with harpoons would be our goal before heading out to bag whales of about 12 varieties. Of course there would be the rare sperm whale, and the ultra rare Moby ****.

We could render various oils with our crafters. Some of these might be: 1) Oil of weapon lube... increases weapon speed .5, 2) Oil of slipping... when applied to ground or bridge would cause loss of balance and disarmament for a short period... and etc.

The possibilities are endless.

2. grig_since98

grig_since98 Guest

I would go for it. Like any new content it is a matter of working with limited resources.

3. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I thought Sea Turtles would be fun... with some turtle soup and turtle shell armor......

4. Metalstorm

Metalstorm Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

While I am against the hunting of whales & seals in real life, in an artificial world I have to say "Absolutely Yes."

I think it's an excellent idea. I think it could be fun to have my fisherman living the life of a whaler.

5. grig_since98

grig_since98 Guest

Yeah, i sort think any sort of squeamishness should be the reason for not doing something like this. It's probably not a good idea to pick people's pockets in rl, but some people have a blast with it in UO.

Problem is can the dev team even spare the resources for something like that.

6. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

something equal to the turkeys.

either as a quest to kill so many of these mid-level creatures or something directly with their loot such as turkeys give (map pieces)

the creatures need to be mid-level for 1-2 people to do.

mutant dolphins
    flying fish pirana like in the movie
    sharks with lazer beams (couldnt pass it up)
    mutant whales

perhaps you need ships cannons to do some damage first and then you are able to fight them. so put some loot on them or a rare drop on them to make us want to kill them.

if you do quests route then the quests should be tiers.

lorddog

7. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Killing whales would come with massive karma loss of course.

8. Vlaude

Vlaude Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

[youtube]lITBGjNEp08[/youtube]

(this is from the same reference in case anyone doesn't understand or is offended)

9. DVDA

DVDA Guest

10. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I think the turtle shell armour sounds cool..

11. phoenix11

phoenix11 Guest

I would hope they would do something with the content they just released first, For example I saved up over 160 mib's and opened them one after another, Got 4 ancient sos the same as I get when I open them as I got them, one in over 40 not so good odds then take into account at 100 fishing skill I read you have A 1 in 4 chance of fishing up scalis, I wouldnt no if thats correct I only tried at 115 and 120 fishing skill about 1 in 4 fishes him up and I cant even guess what the arti drop rate is I never had one drop, Sorta makes 120 scrolls useless to me for as hard as they are to get, It might just be me but I think A tad of tweaking would go A long way.

12. soulstoner

soulstoner Guest

Ridable dolphins with back packs. :mf_prop:

13. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Rideable sea cucumbers!

14. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Are we talking xpac enabled only?

remember, there's more people on the water than only High Seas enabled folks. In the current release notes they said "evaluated a new sea encounter" (no mention of HS) - will this be HS enabled Only? Maybe this will this be the new directional push - to push those that don't buy broken expansions out of the game with no new content.

15. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

An ethy seahorse mount, perhaps as a Vet reward choice?