1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

High Seas: Invunerable ships are back -in force

Discussion in 'UHall' started by virtualhabitat, Aug 20, 2012.

1. virtualhabitat

virtualhabitat Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Just after the ships were added to Tokuno I started to encounter invunerable merchant and orc ships. Often several in a row. I have paged and left coordinates, but have not actually spoken to a gm.

This problem would not be that great of an issue if cannon ammo were not so expensive to buy or cumbersome to make. One must waste a number of shots before one realizes the ship is taking no damage.

I know the team is busy, but it would be greatly appreciated if this could be addressed.

P.S. I do like the changes made to the gargoyle ship captains. Subtle, but very nice.
    (they actually use bushido skills now -if anyone was unaware)

P.P.S.
    Please, this thread does not need reminders that some people think high seas sucks. Plenty of other threads you can make your feelings public. thx.

2. Schatzi

Schatzi Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

My friends and I were doing pirates this weekend and ran into the same issue.
    And I love High Seas :):)

3. zamot

zamot Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I have stopped doing the pirates due to the same issue. It was fixed for awhile but recently has come back again.

4. Tropik

Tropik Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Tell me it ain't so Joe. And I hear they intend to fix a lot of bugs in the system over the nest few months or so? What good will it do if every time they fix something it comes back a few months later. Here is a suggestion. Number the dang versions of the game you are working on so when you install something new it does not re-install some problem from the past.

5. Bleak

Bleak UO Software Engineer
    VIP Stratics Veteran

What shard were you on when this happened?

6. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

They need to deal with the main ingredient issue

Unless you bought up a lot in the beginning, the boat fighting fun is only for players that can afford to dump gold down the drain....

7. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

My miner gives me saltpeter pretty cheap.. I sell it for just a little less than the NPC but I don't pay much for it at all.. Hand it over to my alchemist and I'm set.

Didn't have time to check it tonight but tomorrow I'll go shoot some ships and see if Cats has this bug as well...

Atrocitus likes this.
  8. Schatzi

Schatzi Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Bleak, we had the ship issues on Napa
    ...thank you for looking into this. Pirating
    is in my top 15 fave things.

This was in Trammel

#8 Schatzi, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  9. virtualhabitat

virtualhabitat Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Bleak, I am on great lakes. It started right after ships were added to Tokuno. I moved my boat to Tokuno and within the first week I had encountered about 5 of them. Since then I encounter one or two every other day, depending on how long I am out doing it.

This week I moved my boat back to Trammel, thinking it might be a Tokuno issue, but I encountered one after scuttling 5 ships East of Ice Island.

10. zamot

zamot Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I am on Catskills and also in Tokuno

11. Mesanna

Mesanna UO Producer | Dark OverLady
    VIP Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hi guys,

We tried to reproduce this today and was unable to so if anyone is willing to send me an email when they come across an invul ship again I would love to be able to come take a look at it. Might help gives us a little more information as to what is going on with them and how to fix this issue.

Mesanna

virtualhabitat likes this.
  12. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Mesanna I told him the next time he's out doing the High Seas Pirates and comes across a ship like that to let me know and I'll get a hold of you. As we really would like this issue fixed.

Thanks a bunch!

13. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Same problem 2 days ago on Sonoma. Both were merchant ships. One was Orc ship with human crew just to the east of Magincia. Other was Gargoyle ship and was just to the east of Nujelm. Very frustrating, from my Orc ship wasted about 15 shots on each. Killed crew on both of them but could not damage ship.

14. Luvmylace

Luvmylace Sage
    Stratics Veteran

wow wouldn't this make for a great group effort . A fleet of ships to try and bring it down any takers? soon as one is encountered that person puts the call out and a fleet of ships goes to battle
    might be fun fighting an invulnerable ship lol

15. Tazar

Tazar Guest

On Atlantic - we did about 20 Merchant Ships in Tokuno tonight - many with a Gargoyle crew and a few with a Human Crew and we did not find a problem. We also did 5 or so pirate ships (3 without a pirate and 2 with) and also did not find a problem. We will try again in Trammel tomorrow evening.

16. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

Maybe it's been made another 'only available in Fel' item.Make the Pkers happy and perhaps even a few PvPers if the crews from Tram are good enough to be a challenge for them.

17. Hell's Ironworks

Hell's Ironworks Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Havent had that problem in tokuno or trammel since months ago...

Mesanna since you're here, can you tell us if there's any chance for some added HS content soon?

18. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Ran into 1 on Origin east of Jhelom Orc ship
    Have heard the guys on Oceania complain of same issue of random ships not being dammageable.