1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

High Seas Issues Fixed Yet?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Amber Witch, May 4, 2011.

1. Amber Witch

Amber Witch Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Gilfane

Does anyone know if the issue with Pirate Hunting been fixed yet? How about the Paupua Fish Monger?
    I haven't seen anything posted on the months old issue with pirates but may have missed it.

Thanks!

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

What Pirate issue? What papua fishmonger issue?

IF you mean the ship not getting recognized trying to capture a pirate, deliver a pirate or getting/delivering a quest, that was NEVER a "papua fish monger issue" or a "pirate hunting issue".

It was a SHIP issue (the same issue affecting both) that caused the ship to not be recognized as belonging to the owner, that could result from crossing ANY server line, and the root cause was fixed 2 months ago. All the ships that were bugged before the publish remain so until relaunched. Ships that were launched before the fix but not currently overtly bugged need to be dry-docked and relaunched, as the only ships that are known to have the bug appear after publish 70, were ones that were already in the water prior to it.

If you have a ship that is bugged, and have quests on it, you can get around it by launching ANOTHER ship with both it and the bugged ship on the same server as the destination, delivering, and NOT accepting any replacement quests. This will allow you to get quest credit (for the fish - not had the ability to test on a pirate), not lose any fishmonger reputation, and get your hold clear so you can drydock and relaunch the ship.

3. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

There are still bugs with pirate ships.

4. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

HS is still riddled with bugs and tedium. Check back in another decacde or two.

5. Fat Midnight

Fat Midnight Visitor

I have never had a single issue with any part of HS. In fact I would say it is working as advertised, or better.

6. Mongbat137

Mongbat137 Visitor

Are pirating and pirate-hunting still massive money-losing piles of crap where I'm supposed to burn 150k worth of saltpeter and other bullcrap just to get like 10k and some ingots or something? Yes? Pass.

7. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

i only tried pirates one day last month and we did like 20 of them or so. the loots replaced more of what we shot to bring them down. all the needed items for ammo and shooting stockpiles were growing as we went along.
    plus the added bonus of other loots.

lorddog

8. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Only if you use light cannons since that is the bulk of what their ammo stocks are, and/or have a fetish for matches. Pirate bounties are still an economical loss when you are through.

Pirate ships can still become bugged so they are invincible. While this MAY be a issue with the player's ship, it doesn't really matter - its a bug.

Player ships can still be ignored by fishmongers. No, having to quit your quests and redeed the ship (thus losing fish and reputation along the way) is not an acceptable "fix."

This doesn't even touch on the continued lack adequate supplies of saltpeter, or the lack of people willing to click through the crafting menues hundreds of times to make (and sell) cannoneering supplies.

Lastly is the myopic need to return to the sea market for silly things like painting your boat.

9. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You must be doing it wrong...... the loot we get off the ships is well over the expence of any mats needed to run the ship.

Salt peter is easy to get ... why buy when you can mine it up? a good luck suit on your miner and a boat poof you got it, or any dungeon you can mine in. there are tons of spots you are able to mine in relative safety.

Perhaps your hunting them all wrong.......

10. Amber Witch

Amber Witch Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Gilfane

Okay! Good news!

Now where did I put my pirate hat?

*runs off to the tavern to get a bunch of folk drunk to kidnap for a crew*

11. Mongbat137

Mongbat137 Visitor

Maybe because I'd rather blow my brains out than train mining and then run around mining saltpeter and then go through the 457845798 steps to turn it into finished powder charges, just so I can earn 10k gold that I could have made in like 20 minutes kicking over ettins or something?

Last time I checked there were zero powder charges of any sort for sale in Luna or anywhere else I could find. On Atlantic.

Nobody. Is. Doing. It.

I love listening to people stick up for this crap when the entire system is just laying there dead and rotting right in front of us.