1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

High Seas Lag

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Vor, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Nov 2, 2003
    So I've noticed I have terrible lag while on the high seas. Have pretty much zero lag at any other time. Soon as I step off a boat, I'm fine. Soon as I get back on the boat.. boom. Terrible performance.

Anyone else have this?

Anyone know a cure?

I'm in the CC.
  2. HoneythornGump

Nov 11, 2014

No idea really. I don't have these issues in the EC.:D

I would open up task manager, and check the CPU usage and memory.

Alot of the time when I'm experiencing lag it has nothing to do with my "connection to the internet", but rather what's going on my local PC.

I'm just saying it's worth it to check the background processes to verify as part of the process of elimination.
  3. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Aug 21, 2000
    Usually when I have bad lag it's because my computer is fighting the Windows updater... Even if I tell it not to look if there is an update it will lag my computer ..... even if I tell it NOT to install anything and to let me do it... updates for Windows and Adobe will lag my computer. As a general rule if I am going to be doing something important that I don't want lagged up for I'll check to be sure there isn't an update pending prior to starting something.

Another thing that causes lag is the weather... if it's storming and raining or heavy winds then I can be sure to have lag. Otherwise I'm running pretty solid pretty fast. And that's with Broadband Cable... However if the squirrels in the area have run out of things to sharpen their rodent teeth on... and they turn to chewing the cable outside that will make my internet grind to a halt pretty much... and then when it rains some bad stuff can happen to my internet... When that happens I call the cable company to come check my lines for chews.