1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

High Seas made me think of this cartoon i used to watch

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Demonous, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

2. Curran

Curran Guest

OMG! I totally forgot about this one! Haha!!

3. Korik Bloodguard

Korik Bloodguard Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Carebears for me!

4. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Chango lango! You noy jettatan monkey bird! I hated that show but I loved using those epithets as often as possible, and still do.

5. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I remember that show. Seeing it again makes me pine for the days of old, when cartoons were only on from 7am - 11am on Saturday mornings, and they were actually good shows, not this mindless nonsense kids are watching these days.

Granted, this particular show came at the tail end of that era and wasn't all that great, but it wasn't that bad either.

6. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Batman the animated series was the best "kids" cartoon ever. Im glad I got to have it to watch as a youngster. It wasnt dumbed down for kids... had a full orchestral score... it was great.

7. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

You can get it on dvd now.

8. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

IF you liked B:TAS, you'd probably love Batman: The Brave and the Bold, currently on Cartoon network with new episodes, one night a week.

You can tell it was written by someone with a love of Batman's history, as a lot of the people Bats teamed up with in the 60-80s Brave and the Bold comics, end up as recurring characters. BatB was always one of those funky 70s comics that never let continuity interfere with a fun team-up idea, and the cartoon carries this tradition on really well - and even deals with some pretty strong subject matter (like, what defines a hero, and the friendships among the heroes).

And, each episode starts off with a short team-up that almost never has anything to do with the rest of the episode, after the opening credits.