In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.
Discussion in 'UO Developer Feed' started by UODevTracker, Oct 1, 2010.
To view the original thread, please click here.
High Seas Publish Notes for Test Center
• You will get a message that you can not do that if you are trying to board a legacy ship while mouse controlling one of the new ships.
• Lava lobster traps will no longer revert to a regular lobster trap when removed from the lava.
• Hidden players will now be revealed when placing or retrieving lobster traps.
• Dockmasters will now spawn crates equal to your boat’s hold size.
• Gargoyle boat has 140K durability
• Tokuno Boat moves faster than other boat types when damaged
• Orc ship does 150% damage with all cannon fire
• Hold sizes have changed: Gargoyle – 12000, Orc-14000, and Tokuno – 16000 stones.
• Players will receive a +1 to their skillfactor when fishing or lobster fishing from a Tokuno Boat.
• Saltpeter will now display the correct name when purchased from vendor.
• Cold drakes and Frost Dragons should now have visual breath effects.
• Bouys have been added around the Sea Market parking area.
• Items will no longer be left on the water when placing items down on your boat pads.
• Corgul should now have 1 of the following 3 items as guaranteed possible drops to the Top 6 attackers ( Top 12 in Fel)
1. Corgul's Handbook on Mysticism - Mysticism Spellbook
Mana Regen 3
Defense Chance Increase 5
2. Corgul's Handbook on the Undead - Necromancy Spell Book
Mana Regen 3
Defense Chance Increase 5
3. Corgul's Enchanted Sash
Defense Chance Increase 5
Stamina Increase 1
• Scalis should now correctly revenge any range target rather than only archers.
• There is a new UI for ship security. It can be accessed by both the Tillerman and by choosing a context menu item on another player while you are aboard your ship.
The following security levels apply:
N/A: This setting does not grant or deny privileges aboard the ship
DENY ACCESS: revokes all privileges aboard the ship, overriding all other permissions
PASSENGER: allows boarding the ship using the mooring lines or by recall/gate travel
CREW: allows operation of the ship's weapons and piloting the ship
OFFICER: allows access to the cargo hold, and installation or dismantling of weaponry.
CAPTAIN: grants all privileges, including dry docking and changing security settings.
You may grant or deny access to your ship to the public, to members of your party, to members of your guild, and to specific characters. Multiple security settings may apply to specific characters. In these cases, if any matching setting is "Deny Access" then that character is not allowed any access to the ship. Otherwise, that character receives the highest applicable level of access. For example, if you allow members of your guild Passenger access and members of your party Crew access, then a member of your guild who is also in your party will be considered Crew.
If you set Public to DENY ACCESS then ONLY the OWNER may access the ship. This setting even denies access to those in the access list who are given CAPTAIN access.
The maximum setting allowed for any group is OFFICER. Only those in the explicit access list can be set to CAPTAIN.
Setting the group security levels, and viewing/editing the Access List, are done via the Tillerman. Adding someone to the Access List is done via their context menu. Both entry paths open the same UI, just starting at different pages.
For classic ships, if you have a key then you are considered OWNER. Otherwise, you are considered PASSENGER. When ships are severely damaged, it becomes impossible to deny access. The effective minimum security level becomes PASSENGER when in Trammel ruleset areas and OFFICER when in Felucca ruleset areas (e.g. in a PvP battle the victor can come aboard and raid your cargo hold and steal your cannons). The DENY ACCESS setting no longer applies in any case (even explicit individual bans) when the ship is immobilized!
Rowboats copy their security settings from the ship owned by the placer of the rowboat, but only when the rowboat is placed on the same subserver as that ship. Otherwise, they get default security settings.
When a ship is drydocked and placed back, it will retain its security settings, but will change ownershp to the person who last placed the ship. Anyone who holds a drydocked ship can place the ship and put it in the water, regardless of security settings (i.e. security settings do not apply at all to drydocked ships!)
• Ship parking Control rules are as follows, if your boat is at the dock for 20 minutes your boat will automatically be teleported past the bouys that are now placed on the outer edge of the Sea Market region. Your boat will not teleport if a players is aboard, standing on your boat for one minute will refresh the timer.
• Fixed issues with boats and houses not appearing
• Fixed issues with ghost images of ships appearing
• Fixed issues with dynamic objects on ships becoming invisible on legacy ships
• Dockmaster will give you correct change if you hand him more than 5000 gold
• Fixed issues with boat hueing when the boat is first placed
• Fixed pink pixels in the lobster traps, lobsters and crabs
• Addressed issues with boats crossing server lines
• Fixed issue with mouse control on a row boat from the front-most tile
• Purchased lobster traps now stack with previously used traps
• Ship names are now affected by profanity filters
• Re-deeded small soul forges now have the correct name
• Lobster traps now recognize the fist bait applied to them
• The drop down in the EC atlas map now has the correct name for Island of the Soulbinder
• Players can no longer deploy ships or rowboats far from shore
• Sails of gargoyle ship are no longer fully hued in the first damage state
• Guards can no longer be called on Scalis
• Fixed issues with loot on merchant ships
• NPC ships will now chase you after being attacked
• NPC ship cannons now have durability
• Added mouse control for legacy boats by double clicking the tillerman
• Changed the despawn timer on all the NPC ships from 20 minutes to an hour.
• Increased the number of spawing pirate ships from 5 to 10, Bounty board now has 2 pages to reflect this.
We're working tomorrow. I'm supposed to bring breakfast. Is the bug about the direction of the fish when stacked?
All similar fish SHOULD stack right now,
Working on the following today:
1) The Rowboat
2) Fish facings
3) Loot drops
Also for those who had trouble patching what OS were you using??
hahaha. Dude. if you ever rage I wanna be there to see it!
System specs, please???
*pulls out hair and grumbles* ... I can't raise two families at the same time!!
And with that I am done for the day.
On other topics: we are still continuing to work on the graphics bits with Smooth Boat movement. We've made great strides even getting it into the game, where no other teams would even touch it.
We are having engineering look at reducing the stuttering. There was a fix that was in testing ... but we had to pull it because it caused OTHER problems. So it goes in development.
There are more things we fixed this weekend, and we'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks for the feedback guys. Please enjoy your weekend!