1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

High Seas, what do you think should be fixed first?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Nyses, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Since the Mods on Stratics are just moving threads without a redirect. Lets take a new angle on this.

What do you think is/are the most pressing issues that need to be dealt with regarding HS? Saltpeter availability? Invulnerable Ships? Not being able to recall to your ship near server lines? Insane crafting cost to fire ONE cannon shot? The bosses? Other?

2. Babble

Babble Guest

Invulnerable ships probably, rest is not game breaking

3. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I feel for you guys that are beta testing this release. When it went from "Pre-Alpha" to release in under two months I decided that it would not be wise to buy it.

4. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I'd agree with that, Also the 2d recall bug that occurs, when you can't move.

5. Skrag

Skrag Visitor

1) Bugfixes.

2) Gold reward increased by an order of magnitude.

3) Crafting streamlined, making a golem is less complicated than making a matchstick as it stands.

6. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

1) The lack of an off switch allowing us to effectively remove it from our accounts completely.

2) The invulnerable ships.

3) The lack of Saltpeter in quantity. The Devs apparently forget how much saltpeter firing a heavy cannon once requires.

4) Simplify the process of making all the required materials to shoot a cannon.

5) Reduce the weight of fish back to one stone. Having to haul a pack animal around fishing is annoying. Particularly since they feed themselves to the first monster they can.

6) Make the ships drydockable even with a fishing quest crate in the hold, or a pirate pole up. They will drydock with loaded and unloaded cannons, why not with the crates and poles?

7) Make it impossible to leave a ship anywhere near a dock for more than an hour. If it's left that long, it, and what it is carrying gets impounded with a sizeable fine.

8) Fix the ship/server line problems

9) Prevent the fishmongers from putting a crate on your ship without you asking for a new quest.

10) Make the chances of getting a fishing powerscroll greater than the chances of being run over by a speeding tyrannosaur carrying a pocket watch and screaming "I'm late! I'm late!" in an ancient, long forgotten, Klingon dialect.

7. :lol::lol::lol::lol: Ke-plaa!

8. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

These for sure especially stop giving me a new crate without my asking! I'll never be able to dry dock.

9. I Play UO

I Play UO Visitor

The fact that the entire booster was a bad joke. :thumbdown:

10. i haven't had any issues with this booster so far.

i've made countless millions off the new bosses, orc ships, white dye tubs, fish, powerscrolls and cannon supplies. i haven't experienced a bug with invulnerable ships (i think it only happens in trammel), and i have hardly experienced any problems while trying to recall to a ship. however, one bug that seems to be problematic is that corgul's special attack seems to crash or freeze the players who use the enhanced client. that should definitely be fixed.

coming from someone who has stocked a cannon supply vendor from launch of the booster, it really is not very difficult to stay stocked. one character with cooking, alchemy, tailoring, blacksmithing, carpentry, and tinkering can easily make all the cannon items with very little effort or risk with a very high return value whether it be rewards or actually selling the supplies. i find the rewards collected from the activities that require the firing of cannons actually yields decent profit, even when buying salt peter from a vendor at 250gold per. not to mention, with a decent luck suit, one could farm out about 1000 salt peter in an hour.

i look forward to future boosters and more opportunities to make more gold.

11. Quenchant

Quenchant Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend 4H

The saltpeter is the limiting thing for the group I play with. Last publish, we were supposed to see a double chance of hitting a niter deposit.

- In another thread, most have seen a drop in salt peter production since last publish.
    - Some said that their production was about the same as before the publish.
    - No one has reported getting double drops.

So the problem of obtaining enough salt peter was recognized. They added a supposed fix to the problem. The fix isn't working correctly and there it sits in Limbo.

Seeing the issues with this booster, that have yet to be corrected, I would think it would affect the future sales of boosters. Hard to put your money up, when you know it probably won't work as advertised.

Q

12. Walkerboh77

Walkerboh77 Guest

Games are supposed to be fun...not a chore...

as others have said...the chore and expense of crafting of materials to fire a cannon is ******** on a level that hasn't happened since Franklin thought it was a good idea to fly a kite in a thunderstorm.

craft an item to craft an item to craft an item <----stupid :wall:

the indestructible ships

lack of tangible rewards vs effort....what could possibly compel a person to spend 500k on enough saltpeter to take down a ship and cash for repairs to your own ship after the fact...spending 2 hours crafting the crap...for maybe 60k in rewards? if you are lucky enough to come across a ship that isn't invulnerable?

13. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

I dry dock my Siege ship regularly - leaving it in the water is not wise. Simply refuse the next offered quest.

I'm not sure whether it's sheer luck or what, but I've gotten both +5 and +10 scrolls on both shards where I need them within 30 quests of hitting my current skill cap. I'm not quite up to 110 on both shards yet, so it remains to be seen if I can achieve that again.

14. Skrag

Skrag Visitor

Something I posted somewhere else originally. I'll repost it here rather than just type it again.

---/---/---

A system should never insist upon a greater number of inputs than it has potential outcomes. The cannon does only does one thing, it fires. There is absolutely no good reason to require four inputs just to generate that single output. Functionally speaking, CLEAN->LOAD->PRIME->FIRE is no different from FIRE->CONFIRM?->CONFIRM?->CONFIRM? but we'd all rightly **** a brick if anyone put three layers of confirmation on anything.

Similarly, there is no good reason for... say... crafting matchcord to be a separate process from crafting a match, when matchcord has absolutely no reason to exist except to be made into matches. No one is ever going to sell matchcord. No one is ever going to buy it. It's an extra and completely pointless layer of meaningless pseudo-interaction. One that is, for the most part, new to UO with this expansion.

A few infrequently-crafted tinkering items like clocks have useless intermediary stages, but for the most part crafting any one item is one step. A sword is made out of ingots, not ingots made into a blade combined with ingots and leather made into a hilt, etcetera etcetera. Crafting a robot golem requires some ingots and a couple of dropped items but only a single intermediary step.

When putting together...

[​IMG]

...is less complicated than manufacturing...

[​IMG]

...then yeah man, something is amiss.

15. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

LMAO Skrag, funny because it is so true. Isn't a match just a tiny stick dipped in phosphorus, well and a binding agent.

16. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

qft. thanks anna, you saved me a lot of time. also if you capture one pirate then you'll never need to make another match again, to address Skrag's whole match analogy.

all the bugs I can think of in High Seas:

1) Indestructible Orc Ships
    Does the Orc Ship not fire on you? If it doesn't seem to randomly fire, then it is most likely bugged, and invulnerable. It shouldn't take more than 20 shots to tank an Orc Ship, so if you fire more than 20 cannonballs you're going to have to move on to the next ship.

2) Orc Ships Continue to Turnaround and Turn Left or Right Despite Being Scuttled
    When a ship is scuttled the ship shouldn't be able to do any kind of movement. A workaround is to simply use rowboats to block a scuttled ship from turning. A well placed rowboat is also good for the extraction period, to avoid extra damage to your ship. Just keep a keen eye on your ship to see if when the Orc ship fires a cannon if your ship shows an animation of being hit. Then you know you're still too close. Also be careful not to sail too far away, or else it can screw up capture quests. Make sure your whole party is close to you, and the binding pole, when you capture the pirate.

3) Parts of Player Owned Ships Appear to Flake Off During Movement
    From time to time you will see a bit of your ship in the radar screen when you turn your ship.

4) Tillerman Does Not Go Diagonal When Given a Map
    If you try to use a Map since last Publish the Tillerman or Pilot will try to get to the location by first going west or east and then going north or south. For some reason, they've lost the ability to go diagonal (such as forward left).

5) Player Gate on Ship Will Attempt to Teleport User if User Remains on Gated Tile During Ship Movement
    If a player makes a gate while on a moving ship, and the player doesn't move off the gate, the game will try to send the player over to the other side of the gate every tile the ship moves. I assume this bug happens as a result of how ship movement works, in which one thing loads before another. I assume, then, the gate loads after the static, and then the player loads after the gate, and thus "walks" into the gate from the char's previous location. Lastly, I assume the Devs can't fix this one easily. Temporary fix? Stop the ship to gate people onto a ship.

6) If You Recall off a Moving Ship You'll Often Get a Bugged Client
    When you recall off a moving ship you can end up in a sort of black hole situation, as the client may fall out of synch resulting in a break in communication between where your player actually is and where the player is displayed. While we're at it, fix Gargoyles so they can sit on chairs.

7) You Can Remove a Cannonball Prior to Removing a Fuse
    Known issue by Devs, but still a bug.

Pirates are great fun, easy for an individual or a group. Making supplies is easy, even easier with UOA, and getting saltpeter is pretty easy too. Hardest part is waiting for the ship to sail back to the floating emporium. Still puzzled why people complain but I guess those who complain are mostly lazy, didn't read about how to fight pirates, or didn't have good help when they attempted to take one down. I don't know. I've been making all the pieces my self, soloing the kills, and I don't see the big deal. But the most fun part of pirating is probably in Fel, heh, or with a group either way.

17. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Google provides this quick look :)
    How do they make matches?

I'm sure there is a How It's Made on matches somewhere, though ... fun show, hehe

Ah here you go:
    [youtube]xu1xZDwhVYU[/youtube]

recycled paper board
    cut into stems
    cut into strips
    wax the strips
    dry the strips
    chemical mix
    chemical wash
    air dry chemical wash
    add striker material to non recycled paper
    slice paper
    apply paper to strips
    cut strips
    box strips
    fold boxes
    count heads

not that simple eh? more steps than UO at least

18. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

Funnily enough I've never suffered from 6 or 7. It made sense to me that trying to gate on or off a moving ship was going to be a bad idea, so I've never done it. Jumping off a moving train isn't recommended in RL either.

Maps are a little less convenient, but still perfectly workable. If you know the ship will only sail N/S/E/W then plot a zigzag course that takes that into account. I have.

19. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Saltpeter/Blackpowder are my issues.

6 saltpeter to make 1 blackpwd. 4 blackpwders to make ONE simple heavy pwd. charge.

I only have 2 accts. of my 4 that are upgraded to High Seas. My miner is NOT upgraded. For my Siege chrs. it takes 2 of them to make the high seas stuffs. One is the carpenter tailor tinkerer etc. and the other is the alchemist chef etc. Thus it takes 2 of me to make anything for High Seas. In and of itself I am used to juggling those two chrs. to make things.

But why the odd number 6 saltpeter to make one blk pwd. ? x 4 per ONE heavy pwd charge. If anyone is serious to ship fight or pirate monster fight providing them with 60 heavy pwd. charges is nearly ........silly. They need MORE per fight to be firing off into whomever or whatever they be fighting at sea.

I have gone down to the one dock selling it on Siege, bought up 2k -4k of saltpeter off the vendor whom only updates her stock every 30 mins. :( so an all day project to get enough saltpeter off of her. AND I have purchased saltpeter to 10k off of another player too in past few days...just to TRY to supply enough heavy powder charges for the few on Siege that DO need it.

In 2 days I am out of saltpeter again again... we should be able to supply several dozens or hundreds to those whom wish to ship fight and need the heavy pwd charges more than the light pwd charges.

But TAFFY down on the dock on Siege only bothers to go from 20 saltpeter to 40 to 80...etc. every 30 mins and SHE is the only source of fetching it for any of us unless we DO have a miner upgraded to HS. Either provide MORE saltpeter per wait off the npc or offer LESS hassle to make 1 heavy pwd charge ...why was it not simply doubled from a light...ie only needing 2 or 4 instead of 6 saltpeter to make 1....heavy pwd. charge ? And why is the NPC taking 30 -60 mins to even restock at all on Siege with saltpeter dribbling on her in 20s increments ? THAT IS WAY TOO SLOW ! She needs to be fired !

Here I am 2 days later after sitting down there for hours, PLUS buying several thousands off others and we are again out of HEAVY PWD charges. How are there to even BE high seas ship fights if all we can provide to ship owners interested in ship fights, are dribbles of ammo they need requiring .......pokey salt peter supplys ! ?

Something needs to be done/fixed to make High Seas adventuring...functioning better hoggin less saltpeter, per heavy pwd charge, especially where one has one chr. per acct. waiting on an single provided by EA, npc, that only provides 20 saltpeter on Siege, per half hour to 40 to 80 to 160 taking all day to buy off of her to get enough saltpeter to make ...diddly for others to use ! On Chesapeake one can at least get 500 saltpeter every 15 mins or so..on Siege one npc as if she is broken taking 30+ mins to even double her puny supply of 20 to 40 etc. taking ALL DAY to get even 1k worth of saltpeter off of her and 1k of saltpeter x 6 needed per 1 black pwd. is barely enough to provide anything to anyone in the heavy powder charges catagory !

20. i agree with G v. P, the navigation and the awkward boat turning that occurs on scuttled ships should be fixed as well. play-able, but very annoying. especially the navigation since that worked prior to the last patch.

why are people up in arms about matches? i have never crafted a single match after crafting the original one because the pirate ships give about 20-30 matches PER ship. by the time the match goes out, i've probably turned in at least 3 pirates. i think i have over 900 matches in stock just from hunting ships... matches should be the least of worry.

making complex macros is rather simple on UOA. for example, i craft 6000 black powder before i run my macro to craft 1000 heavy powder. multiple accounts or actually doing this with a friend make it even easier. also, you write a macro to actually fire your cannons. (i use 2 accounts using UOA to fire my cannons. no clicking, just watching.)

for those of you who are crafting your resources just to hunt, try opening shop or selling some bulk supplies to ease some of cost. when i hunt, i'm just using my stock so it's not hurting my current balance, just my profit.

however, with the decline of orc ships value, and white cloth dye tubs, until they add more rewards to pirate ship turn-ins, (which i believe they said they will in the future), i don't see much of a reason to use my resources when they're selling decently high already, but i do enjoy having a stock for when new drops are announced, or when i stumble across a felucca ship with a full hold.

21. Skrag

Skrag Visitor

Yeah, there's no cord involved. Match cord has nothing to do with wooden matches. I have no idea how that's supposed to even make sense.

Guys, devs, I'm not buying the next booster until you overhaul this one. This one was a total mess from the drawing board onward.

22. Gowron

Gowron Guest

I thought the match cord is the fuse, and if I'm right, then it has everything to do with the match...

23. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Match-cords are used to make the match... Fuse cords are the fuse.

No clue where a match-cord comes from in the idea of making matches...

24. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

After crafting my initial matches, I to have hundreds of them from the pirate ships. That was not the point of the match example.

The point of using a match as an example was to illustrate how unnecessarily involved and complex the HS crafting system is. We could use Powder charges if you wish.

Crafting Bows is One step, crafting Pole-arms is one step. We already click way too much. The UO player base is not getting any younger, cut us a break, save our wrists from carpel tunnel.

25. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

To get back to the original point of the tread though, I think the top 4 fixes should be:

1. Invulnerable Ships

2. Not being able to recall to your ship if too close to a server line

3. Pirate ships still firing on you when the entire crew is dead

4. Saltpeter - mainly how much to take to craft ONE shot. :(

26. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I really hate to be the one to break this to you petra but refusing the offered quest lowers your points. I have ZERO desire to refuse a quest and lower my loyalty.

27. MalagAste

The other sad fact a bunch of you haven't mentioned is to make charcoal I grab a stack of wood and BAM the entire thing becomes charcoal..... to make black powder I have to click, click, click 300 times to make the same amount of black powder as charcoal,. WHY!?

And folk wonder why anyone would want to script things.

This is why. No one wants to click 10,000 times to make supplies for one nights pirate runs.

28. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

This except the recall bug affects EC too!!!!! Dont be so self centered around the CC you forget to mention the bugs affect everyone.

29. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Boy are you doing it wrong.

It takes me maybe 80 -100 clicks to make a few weeks worth of supplies in one sitting.

Someone should teach you how to be a crafter.

30. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Using the right word to set up an analogy is an important detail. At least we got you guys off matches :). And even so, from the video I posted, I think you guys should at least know how real life matches take hella more steps than in-game matches ;P.

I play in one of the larger guilds/allies on Chesapeake and no one has ever complained about Pirating. I think what I'm seeing is the people who are accustomed to getting things done by themselves or with a group are having no problem with the current system. All you need to tank a pirate is two heavy cannons and 20 or less shots, depending on what ship you have. If you buy an Orc Ship it's more like 11-12.

I guess main complaints come from people who can't find or don't own a crafter ... or those unwilling to pay luna fees. I'd say get 2 cannons, then go from there. Will get more cannons from pirate loot at times. Or hell, even one cannon on front. A human JOAT can mine ore and get wood from a tree, can also craft the cannon balls and I think the swab and the other thing too. I'm sure people just throw those away at floating docks by now.

31. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

Even using a make last item 50 times UOA macro you have to do a lot of material handling to make a lot of cannon supplies so it's more than a few hundred clicks. The biggest hassle is that material handling and the time all the steps take.

High Seas was apparently set up to be entertaining for a long while by having everything be very time consuming instead of packed with fun.

I'd rather see the expansions made for UO instead of more booster packs. At least the expansions add a lot of new things to have fun with instead of just adding a few things and setting them up to be slow, tedious, irritating hassles to keep us occupied for six months slogging through those few new things a few times before giving us more of the same in a new booster.

32. MalagAste

You are full of BS and stop telling the DEV's this is what we want.... NO ONE in their right minds wants to spend 6 hours preparing for one night of fun that's over in 2 hours. That just isn't right. NONE Of my friends will do the crafting anymore they all complain it's too much work. I have a hell of a time convincing folk to help with it. So I end up doing all the work myself because everyone else is fed up with the crappy way of crafting and all the BS you have to go through to make the crap not to mention the EXPENSE of it all.... and if you add in there the 100's of hours you have to dink around mining up the crap ....... you can get the idea of how many people are going to give one rats bung about the new booster or having a battle on the high seas.

And Corgul is fun and all but for folk like me and several of my friends who use the EC... It's sucks to have your client totally crash on you at LEAST once in every run because he's doing that stinking novablast crap at like 5 times in a row... it totally kills my client. Oh yes that's totally fun to have to relog in the middle of the battle.

33. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Hmmm, well since a backpack will only hold a few hundred at a time, there is still a lot of clicking and moving involved. The only program I know that could do 1000's at a time, Shall not be named on these boards. (which is also just stupid, as EVERYONE knows what it is.) Additionally, UOA (being unsupported now) does not recognize a ton of the new items, so you cannot set up macro for many things.

Loading and firing a cannon is no big deal, imho, macro or not, it is all the delays loading, before you can fire that is the real limiting factor.

I want to be clear, I am not accusing anyone of cheating, just saying there is a crap load of clicking and moving, even with a macros set up.

34. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

I think it's fair to say what she means is she first makes one stack, then makes another. Doubt she means 6,000 in her pack at one time, but you can run a macro that is long enough to let you put more in to the chopper, so to speak.

Saltpeter weighs 1/10th a stone, so you can put 2-3k saltpeter in your backpack easy. Gives ya up to 500 black powder per 3k saltpeter, which makes 125 charges, 500 fuse cords, or 100 charges and 100 fuse cords. If you run a decent luck suit and use a luck sculpture you should be able to get at least 1,000 saltpeter in an hour, so after three or less hours you'll have the material needed for 100 shots. 100 shots will net you around 5-8 ships, depending on your ship and how skilled your crew is. If you capture all of them you'll be out for 2-3 hours minimum, more if you're new to pirates, and if you use a full party you'd walk away with at least 40 ship parts, and probably put at least one or two new ships together as a result.

Guess the fun depends on what you expect to achieve. For example, my guild has already done enough pirates to give pretty much everyone in the alliance a set of the new ales, and long before that we ran through pirates to get everyone an orc ship. The new white dye tub takes a bit of effort though, haha. I guess it's sorta good some people don't want to do any work because they will continue to sell well as a result.

35. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You have me a bit confused at this point. Further up, you layed out your list of stuff to fix. Every post since then seems to be defending the HS crafting system. Do you honestly think it is just fine as is? Whereas most see it as unnecessarily complex and click heavy.

I did not post here, because I "cannot or will not" make the supplies and go kill or capture pirates. When I got my Orc ship, I took a Tokuno ship with a single heavy cannon on it, to capture pirates. The named Liquor I could care less about, and yes the white dye tubs seem to be about the last thing to do.

I am trying to persuade the devs or at least get their attention, regarding the fact that for MOST people do not want to spend 2-3 hours (or necessarily have the time) in preparation to go have 2-3 hours of actual fun. Your post above has those numbers in it. They will probably not change anything in HS, but I hope they will rethink their next attempt at an expansion. (if massive amounts of clicky crafting is involved)

36. longshanks

longshanks Guest

crafting shortcuts aside, this whole booster is nothing but a grind.

-sailing to find the pirate, sailing back with the pirate.
    -all details entailed in crafting ingredients necessary to fire the cannon
    -the animation on corgul ... yawn
    -scalis being summoned by a white net.
    -lobster traps going ploop

i feel they dropped the ball here. Scalis should have totally been a water based champ spawn requiring the new ships to complete.

37. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

I agree... And once you have your orc ship/white tub... Why bother? :wall:

-sailing to find the pirate, sailing back with the pirate.

This does drag down the whole experience, 15-20 mins of essentially playless down time...unless you fish. About all you can do is talk.

-all details entailed in crafting ingredients necessary to fire the cannon

Been saying this since the beta. Tedium is not fun.

-the animation on corgul ... yawn

I'm more concerned with Corgul's over dependence on novablast and the teleport special. Neither really do much damage (unless he hits you), but he uses them so often its more an annoyance factor.

And why is he abyssal colored? That hue is seriously getting played out at this point...

-scalis being summoned by a white net.

Eh, it does add a new dynamic...

38. at first, the weight amounts were very high. now they seemed to have altered them and you can hold a lot more in your bag.

i do this on characters with empty backpacks and simply create as much black powder as i can at once, then move the black powder to a secure container. repeat for heavy powder.

39. Fat Midnight

Fat Midnight Visitor

I don`t really understand the invulnerable orc ship issue, out of the hundreds and hundreds I have attacked, this has never been an issue for me, sometimes you just gotta be in the right place.

Lack of salt peter? There was never a shortage for me... I made a fortune off of everything that required the firing of cannons.

Knowing a few shortcuts, effectively using a packy (or a bug in my case), and dry docking keeps my pirating hunting short... Usually in the 5 min range to find them. UO Cartographer is also a plus.

40. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

The list I made includes game bugs which should be fixed to attract people to the content. I have no problem with the crafting system or the UI, no.

If you can solo pirates w/ a single cannon then I'm not sure why you don't like the UI.

I included the numbers to be fair to something you said and also something MalagAste said earlier, with regards to the time it takes to make stuff and the time it takes to play. Equal preparation to play ratio doesn't really bother me if it means I can reward one of my guildies with an Orc Ship which can't be obtained in any other way, for example. However, I can see someone getting bothered if they are unable to get a white dye tub after 10 pirates. The people who are after a ship or some ales will be rewarded much more often, while those who opt to do kills rather than captures will have a much shorter experience in an attempt to get items faster.

A ship will have 1-3 crates/chests and every ship of course has one cargo hold. The wines and rare food spawn in the crates/chests which gives you 1-3 chances for each to spawn, and at best, 3-for-3. The cargo either gives a white dye tub or it doesn't, which makes it tougher to get over a short span. You can also get heavy or light cannon deeds from the cargo hold. I'll assume, upon successful pirate capture, you have a 50/50 chance to get either a light flame cannonball or a ship part, 1 of 8. If you do the quest with a full party the reward part becomes much more fun as you mix and match, while if you do it solo, it is a bit more work, as you're only bringing home 1 piece at a time. For this reason, I can see why an individual may be upset by what he or she gets, if the person cannot get a group of 10 together.

41. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Ok fair enough. We are down to opinions and preferences. We are all entitled to our own. :)

I only went solo in the beginning, because not many had HS. I have since gone with a group, but the only thing that is engaging at all, for the group, is killing the crew. :( Lots of sailing and chatting.

At least we can all agree there are some issues that really should be addressed by the devs. We almost have High Seas out of Beta, lol.

42. Skrag

Skrag Visitor

Honestly the whole High Seas thing seems like it was designed by people who don't play UO, or know anything about it, or have any idea what fun is.

"Ten thousand gold is a large reward, right?"
    "Uh, I don't play this game but sure, it sounds like a lot."

"This game is supposed to have more crafting, what do we do?"
    "Uh, have them make matches and swabs and all that junk. Oh and don't make it one step, have them make potash and matchcord and a bunch of junk first."

There are maybe two vendors in Atlantic Luna that even sell this garbage, and even then it's the same 20 powder charges for a million gold sitting there gathering dust week in and week out.