1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

High Traffic Areas?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Zerbee, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Zerbee

Zerbee Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

What areas are high traffic and generally lead to death for new players?
    I'm going to assume the revamped dungeons are high traffic with PKs, anywhere else?

2. Wolfman

Wolfman Seasoned Veteran
    Governor Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Well, usually after you have been killed somewhere, you do not go there again for a while....so high traffic areas do not exist for long (I mean frequented by gatherers and farmers)....find your spots you are comfortable with and frequent and share them with your friends as much as you like....or are killed....from which time on you will not frequent it as much anymore ;)

#2 Wolfman, Aug 4, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  3. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

just play the game the way you want to play, you will die occasionally but you will usually get enough resources sent to the bank to make it worth your while. and most Pk's will only kill you once, sometimes twice then move on. of course there will be the occasional griefer, but if that happens, just move to another spot, or wait a while before going back. you have to remember, even pk's need to farm. :p

4. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

as far as I know we really don't have the kind of PKers that make the rounds to all the traditional farming spots anymore. The exception may be the Abyss, though I have not been down there recently. Even my regular stalkers are gone. Sometimes I see a Kelmo hater hiding at the HUB but not often enough to make me stop using it.

5. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

If you are new on Siege, ask for the guild Newborn on Siege, NEW2, they will help you getting started and the tag will give you some protection vs PK's your first month on the shard.

6. Choev

Choev Visitor

Of course, I was jinxed by reading this post earlier this evening... I'm in NEW2 and have been very lucky to avoid getting PK'd at my favorite hunting/training spot. Then I got whacked. I was rezzed and told, "good luck on your training". After that I was able to move on with my day. I think the general idea is, don't be a poor loser when you take a dirt nap and you will only occasionally die.

Leather Lucy likes this.
  7. Zerbee

Zerbee Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I'll ask around for NEW2, thanks.
    I don't mind being killed while farming, after all I did choose Siege knowing it could happen. Already been killed twice, doesn't phase me at all as didn't have anything to lose that I couldn't replace quickly. Also kinda adds some excitement to farming, the constant threat and awareness to be on your toes or anything to happen! :)

8. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Just ask in gen chat. I will first be home 8 hours from now, but some of my leaders may be on and able to add you.