1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Higher stealth or stealing?

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by napalon, Oct 8, 2009.

1. napalon

napalon Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Im making my 1st thief and i was wondering that is 100 stealing enought to steal from other players?

What about Stealth? Is 80 stealth enought with legendary ninjitsu? I was planing to take 80 stealth so i can get 50 detect hidden. Or 120 stealth and 0 detecting ;/ witch one would be better?

Thanks.

2. Cruxshadow

Cruxshadow Guest

if you are on a prodo shard you should get ahold of some +skill items. shadow dancer legs, burglars bandana, cloak with stealth skill, and jewls. That way you wont have to be so frugal with your real skill points. From what ive been told, 75 or 80 stealth should be good if you only plan on wearing leather/mage armor. i would go with 120 stealing though, you dont want to botch a steal if there is something juicy uninsured staring you in the face.

3. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Bring stealing to at least 110. If you need to steal a 10-stone object, throw on talisman of the fey (ferret form) to bump yourself to 120.

With all medable armor, 75 stealth is all you need. I have 80 on my template, because I use the fencing special "shadow strike." If you don't use this special, you don't really need to go to 80.

Instead of 50 detect hidden, consider 50 tracking. Very useful skill for finding/following marks.

Echo what Crux said about skill+ items: burglar's bandana, cloak of silence, and shadow dancer's leggings are good items to incorporate into your suit, if you can.

4. napalon

napalon Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I got good items but i want so many skills so i need to lower stealth :/ I prob leave stealing to 110 and get that talisman. Does 80 stealth effect on death strike or shoul i leave it to 75?

5. Taylor

75 is enough unless you want to use the weapon special shadowstrike. Like all secondary moves, shadowstrike requires 80 skill points, but 80 stealth can replace 80 tactics for the shadowstrike special.

6. napalon

napalon Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I could actually go for 80 stealth and take -20 mage wep for shadow strike special

7. Taylor

Hmm...I think you need 80 stealth, 80 weapons skill. Might want to find out.

8. napalon

napalon Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Im taking 120 magery so with -20 mage wep i got 100 wep skill and 80 stealth. That should be enought for shadow and death strike?

9. Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Barter Town

Nay, you need the actual weapon skill. Magery weapons are good for wacking things and death strikes.