1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Highland Boura

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Monkey, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Monkey

Monkey Guest

I only discovered them tonight after assuming there were just ruddy and lowland ones. I've tamed one with the following stats, it impressed me quite a bit. Keep in mind, this is a 3-slotter:

HP: 687
    Strength: 528
    Dex: 95
    Intelligence: 31

PR: 60%
    FR: 40%
    CR: 57%
    PR: 50%
    ER: 40%

95.9 wrestling etc, they have around 108 untamed.

I've also noted they have some sort of special attack. Every now and then the pet gets a *confused* message above it, and delivers red-glowy attacks that seem to do 10 additional damage, haven't quite found out what it really does yet.

All in all I'm hoping to get some more info on these things, do you think they'll work together well with a kitsune/mare to become the new tested combo? The runebeetle still does more damage, but this is probably the best 3-slotter tank there is.

2. EnigmaMaitreya

EnigmaMaitreya Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I seem to remember something about a Head Butt special attack that is equivalent to a stun.

I also think they have Pack Instincts with the other one, not the Rudy.

3. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

The lowland boura have the pack instinct.

But they have that instinct in combination with the highland boura as well. So what I did was tame a highland and lowland boura and will test them out extensively after bonding.

But that does bring up a good idea... testing what abilities the pets have post taming.

i.e. stone sliths might reduce physical resists (they do pre-tame, but haven't tested post-tame yet).
    Skree have sleep breath
    Highland Boura have some kind of stun attack.

And that's all I have so far.

4. Monkey

Monkey Guest

The highland boura does not have pack instinct. The lowland one does, so that might work in conjunction with a highland one.

Not that the Highland boura even needs pack instinct, because it seriously hits like a sledgehammer.

Additionally, I can't say their special attack is some sort of stun. After just trying it out on a Sphynx, it doesn't seem stunned for even a second after it receives that red glowy attack. So I'm still stumped on the effect of it.

5. EnigmaMaitreya

EnigmaMaitreya Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Are you sure the Highland doesn't? They did during Open Beta and that may have been a change between the closing of Open Beta and Release.

6. Escaflowne

Escaflowne Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran

The Highland Boura attack seems to mana drain i noticed, i had a Highland and lowland one fighting eachother and after the highland did its special move i animal lored the lowerland and he had no mana left and he doesn't even use it.

7. Mark Knotts

Mark Knotts Guest

I know Highlands can at least spawn with these stats:

692 HP
    65/40/60/50/40
    530 Str
    112.8 Wrestling

I've seen higher strength but I forgot the exact number.